Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adri Chan

I'm breaking out, should I blame buckwheat or wakame? or both?

Hi, two days ago I added to my diet buckwheat to gain weight and wakame because I think I may be iodine deficient, and now I'm breaking out, should I blame it on the buckwheat, the wakame, or both?

Guest strbckjnkee

Hi Adri,

I'm not sure about it but I think iodine is supposed to be a major cause of acne in people that have dietary acne triggers. I haven't really studied that aspect of it too much because my diet is pretty lousy and right now my skin's doing pretty good just with topical treatments. I think my acne is mostly hormonally triggered so I haven't tried any dietary changes. I would definitely suspect the wakame(seaweed?). Hope that helps you.

Hi Adri,

I'm not sure about it but I think iodine is supposed to be a major cause of acne in people that have dietary acne triggers. I haven't really studied that aspect of it too much because my diet is pretty lousy and right now my skin's doing pretty good just with topical treatments. I think my acne is mostly hormonally triggered so I haven't tried any dietary changes. I would definitely suspect the wakame(seaweed?). Hope that helps you.

Thankies for your answer I think you're right, I took too much wakame, I reduced my intake and it improved, I will stop eat it for several days