Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*unknown*

Can scars be treated?

Hello guys..

Well, i have made alot of research about acne scarring. And there are alot of information which u can get from this website. But the sad thing is.. Most of the patients fail to get the desired results !!! I'm not saying this is for every1, but this is mostly what i saw from the threads !!!

I really lost alot of my hope.. thu i didn't start any treatment yet, and i was so optimistic because i knew there were alot of treatments out there. But the truth is, they don't seem to do a big improvement !!

What do u think? am i wrong? ( please tell me i am)

Is there any chance or hope for me?

Is there something which can make a "visible" change noticed by others?

please share what u think..

yes scar can be treated....but it takes a lot of time and dedication....best thing to do is to focus on the individual scar tissue and try to burn it off with an acid like TCA such as TCA cross or loosen it with a needle...and let the skin heal afterward..... a lot of people give up because scar improvement doesnt happen over night...one scarred pore may take many many applications of acid to level up to the skin (90-95%)

Scars can be treated but everyone's situation is different. A lot depends on how deep your scars are and how many scars you have. I think it's possible that some shallow scarring can be "cured."

However deep scars are different. You might be able to use a punch excision if you only have 1 or 2 isolated deep scars. This will give pretty good results. But if you have a lot of moderate to deep scars you will never have smooth skin. If you have deep pock marks and even if your collagen is regenerated to fill them 90% of the way (which is unlikely) there will still be indentations which will lead to shadows. It's those shadows that make the skin look so bad. My scars aren't too deep, I can run my fingers over my cheeks and it feels pretty smooth. However, under certain lighting it looks horrible.

For those with a lot of moderate to severe scars, treatments are a matter of trying to improve the way your skin looks, you will never have normal smooth skin. There isn't a "cure" out there so don't even waste your time dreaming of that (let's keep our fingers crossed for the future though ;) ).

Thanks alot guys.. sure i will try and post some of my pictures here.. Coz i'm not really sure how deep my scars are..

Its like on the left cheek i have few which i dont realy know what type they are, and they dont bother me. However, on the right side, there is like bunch of pitted scars (which bother me!) Now i dono are they ice pick scars or what? They are not deep though. They almost disapear when i stretch my skin.. so what do u think?

Anyhow, i will try to post my pictures, atleast to know what i can expect from the procedures.

Thanks alot guys.. sure i will try and post some of my pictures here.. Coz i'm not really sure how deep my scars are..

Its like on the left cheek i have few which i dont realy know what type they are, and they dont bother me. However, on the right side, there is like bunch of pitted scars (which bother me!) Now i dono are they ice pick scars or what? They are not deep though. They almost disapear when i stretch my skin.. so what do u think?

Anyhow, i will try to post my pictures, atleast to know what i can expect from the procedures.

i have to say, i've been visiting this site for over a year now, and i can't say i've seen a single image that is evidence of any procedure that really improves the texture of pitted scars. i've seen improvement in terms of more even pigmentation, but that's about it.

people have shown before/after pictures where they claim up to 90% improvement after going through several expensive procedures, but in my subjective opinion, it's a 0% improvement when it comes to texture. i've gone through 3 smoothbeam procedures myself and i can't say there is any improvement.

i'm not trying to be negative, i just simply believe that the technology that we have today do little or nothing to fix scars, and people are spending a lot of money on procedures that don't work (i was one of them). i've learned to just accept them and keep an ear open for any advancements in regenerative treatments

^ i agree that there is less success for the texture of the skin. But people who went to several procedures got some improvements, not 100% ofcourse, but i can say that if it was 80% then it's excellent.

^ well exclusive.. From my search.. i found that many people had many different results.. It's so weird when some1 says im sooo happy from the proedure becoz it improved me alot to a way that my scars doesnt bother me anymore ( i love this sentence) And others who went thru the same procedure and saying i wish i never had it. it made everything worse !

I guess if u were a lucky person then u might get a big improvement from one/two "types of procedures" and ofcourse multiple.

If u were not lucky then u will get bad results also from the first prodeure. Hypo/hyper pigmentation or scars going worse.

Or you might be non of the above, and improve gradually with several defferent types of procedures without getting a bad results.. (getting better slowly but not getting worse)

Anyway, the term "lucky" has no scientific meaning at all. And with every procedure there is a risk involved. Big procedures like dermabrasion and co2 laser have big risks. However, many of us want to get rid of the scars no matter what. And therefore, we choose to take the risk. And as i said.. some ppl get well with it and others wish to be like they were before.

Nothing can judge except you trying =)