Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I'm pretty much new here. I have had acne for a while, and am currently a 19 year old college student attending the University of Pennsylvania. Got started two days ago, thought I'd log it. I have never responded to any medications -- in fact, nothing topical has succeeded in drying out my skin before, including Benzyl Peroxide, Sacylic Acid, and Retin-A Micro. Hopefully I'll see some success with Sotret. I weigh 180 lbs and am 6 ft tall so I may be getting a relatively low dosage for my weight. My skin is very oily.

Day 1: Felt nothing, minor headache. Had a nosebleed at night while sleeping. Lips feel a LITTLE drier? I don't know. Skin is still oily.

Day 2: Minor headache, nothing else. Nosebleed while washing face. Lips feel a little dry, but that could just be wishful thinking. Skin is still oily.

I'm using a St. Ive's sacilyc acid scrub to sort of exfoliate in the shower, but aside from that am using nothing for acne at the moment.

Please make any recommendations that you feel could be helpful and give me some support here (my acne, to me, at least, is not TERRIBLE, but I would very much like it to be gone forever), or if not just wish me some luck. I'm a little hesitant because my acne seems to be a rarer case where its just tiny pimples popping up EVERYWHERE, but hopefully this will do the trick, right?

Edit: By the way, just wanted to add.. if anyone wants to get in touch or just wants to talk about whatever, I've got AIM, facebook, and gchat. Just drop me a PM here and I'll send you my information.

This is my 1 month comparison picture:

post-85574-1226520223_thumb.jpg

post-85574-1226520223_thumb.jpg

lwa,

I felt the same way at first, I thought I would be the exception to the rule and accutane would not work for me like it does for everyone else, but here I am on day 18 and it's almost like I jinxed myself, my face is so dry now, I can't keep enough moisturizer on it! it's peeling and red and sore but I know it's working now. Just hang in there, your day is coming. You're gonna wake up one morning and wonder where all the oil went! :dance:

We just have to be patient and understand that this stuff works from way deep within, so it may take a minute but we'll get there. I haven't heard of many people that tane hasn't worked for..

Is it a good sign if a lot of my acne is starting to come to a head? Like now, its not soft anymore, it feels like it can probably be scratched off or picked off.

Thanks.

How are you doing now anyways? Is your skin clearing up well?

I'm on my eleventh day -- my lip area is really dry but nowhere else. A lot of pimples are coming to heads but now they look kinda worse.

I had another smaller breakout during my second month (around my period, something you won't have to worry about lol). But except for a decent sized one on my jaw my skin is doing well. My derm seems really happy with my progress.

Congrats on taking the step to clear skin! :) I am about 6 weeks in, the first month I saw hardly any improvement. It was way worse. My skin was oily and everything was coming to the surface. But now things are looking better. Overnight zits flake off now, even if I go to bed with a whitehead. My derm said the first month is the purging period, then month two is when you saw results. Hopefully if will be that way for you, too! Good luck and hang in there! I'm sure the results will be worth it.

yeah ive been on accutane for 3 days right now, just like you. i have a ton of whiteheads and i look discusting, idk how my girlfriend puts up with it, and my skin is really oily. my lips are starting to get chapped but idk if thats the winter season coming or the accutane :confused:

Will picking be bad for accutane? I pick, but it's not a problem for me since it doesn't really make my skin red or scar.

Will picking make my Sortret not work?

Will picking be bad for accutane? I pick, but it's not a problem for me since it doesn't really make my skin red or scar.

Will picking make my Sortret not work?

it wont make it not work, but you skin is more likely to scar. I just started yesterday and my derm told me not to pick (picking is why i got scars) and she gave me accutane so my scars don't get any worse and go away and because i am still breaking out lol.

Day 21 -- The right side of my face seems to be clearing up nicely. Skin isn't too dry, lips are terrible. My arms are really dry. My left side of face is still a mess.

30th day -- decent improvement. Skin is dry a lot, but it may be because I use BP. Regardless... there is a solid improvement I have noticed, although I still have acne.

post-85574-1226520304_thumb.jpg

post-85574-1226520304_thumb.jpg