Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wally

Salt Water Flushing

After a long hiatus from this board and other health sites, I've returned to make a few changes. While I still have bad skin (I'm 22 with large pores+blackheads) its not nearly as bad as when I was in middle school. So while I'm still focused on my skin, I'm also thinking in terms of broader health. One step I'd like to take is doing a series of salt water flushes.

I've been reading up on them here and at curezone and am trying to get some feedback. SO if you have done salt water flushing, could you please post your experience.

I also read on curezone about salt flushes. I started to do salt flushes with organic non-iodized sea salt. I drink 2 teaspoons mixed with 4 cups of water in the moring and at night. It's only been 2 days, so i'm not sure if it has worked. I'm also drinking ACV mixed with lemon juice and cayanne pepper, eating lots of watermelon, and drinking spearmint tea (to aid in digestion)

I'm trying to cleanse my body.....hopefully it will work. I've had no initial breakouts, but so far nothing is improving, but it hasn't really been long enough to tell. I've been doing a lot of reasearch on detoxing the body, and these things have been metioned a lot in regards to it. I've also tried the coffee enema...I know it sounds scary. Look it up. there is a lot of sites claiming that this works to help detox the liver. It was actually kinda cool. Some real wierd looking stuff came out. sorry i know that's gross. Good luck. I'll let u know if how things are going for me

I think I'm going to give this a try this weekend. It's pretty hard to do any sort of cleansing, given I'm 22 and live with 4 other guys but I'd like to give it a go.

justwant2bcute-how are things going? Did you experience any benefits from the coffee enemas?

I also read on curezone about salt flushes. I started to do salt flushes with organic non-iodized sea salt. I drink 2 teaspoons mixed with 4 cups of water in the moring and at night. It's only been 2 days, so i'm not sure if it has worked. I'm also drinking ACV mixed with lemon juice and cayanne pepper, eating lots of watermelon, and drinking spearmint tea (to aid in digestion)

I'm trying to cleanse my body.....hopefully it will work. I've had no initial breakouts, but so far nothing is improving, but it hasn't really been long enough to tell. I've been doing a lot of reasearch on detoxing the body, and these things have been metioned a lot in regards to it. I've also tried the coffee enema...I know it sounds scary. Look it up. there is a lot of sites claiming that this works to help detox the liver. It was actually kinda cool. Some real wierd looking stuff came out. sorry i know that's gross. Good luck. I'll let u know if how things are going for me

Um, with salt water flushes, they are supposed to "clean you out" within a couple of hours... If that didn't happen, then it didn't work. Some people need to add more like a tablespoon of salt to the water to make it work. If it didn't go right through you, then you're just absorbing all that salt... And it's really not healthy to be taking 4 teaspoons of salt in one day if you're absorbing it.

Also, you should only ever do salt water flushes if you're fasting (not eating any solid food).

But anyway, I wouldn't recommend salt water flushes. They're useless at best and harmful at worst. (I used to do them a lot when I was doing liver flushes and I actually think I did some harm to myself one time). If you have digestion problems, that can be fixed with diet and maybe supplements.

Wally,

Well so far I have had good things happening from the detox that I am doing right now. I have been doing the coffee enemas every other day, and I have really noticed great improvements in my skin. I'm not sure that it is just from the coffee enemas, or the other things I have been doing. My theory is that it is a combined effort of everything. I'm not trying to do a quick detox, but more of a long term detox, and just basically change what i choose to put into my body. I have also done 2 bentonite clay baths, and started to drink pysillium husk and bentonite clay shakes. look on curezone about the bentonite, lots of good info.

My skin looks great, a whole lot less oily, less breakouts, and a much more even skin tone, things are slowly starting to turn around. The thing that really makes me convinced that something good is happening is the oil reduction and even skin tone. Before even when I was not breaking out that bad, a few here and there, my skin was ALWAYS oily, and I've alway had very blotch, red skin. It's litterally been years since I've seen my skin tone looking and feeling this great. I'm sure that something is changing for the better, but I just don't know exactly which method is casing it. I'm going to keep up with everything that I've been doing and hope for the best!!!

good luck! :dance:

ok, im trying to understand this, so you drink saltwater and the salt makes your acne go away? I've heard iodine and milk can make skin worse but how does salt make it better?

ok, im trying to understand this, so you drink saltwater and the salt makes your acne go away? I've heard iodine and milk can make skin worse but how does salt make it better?

You have a lot to learn my friend... Learn as much as you can by going on good sites like curezone, and search on google as much as you can. It will take a lot of research to realize what your problem is. I went from thinking I had liver problems, then to bowel, then kidney, then I realized all of them need to be issued, and now finally realize I have Candida issues.

But anyway back to the salt water flush (SWF). Salt water flush is just a process of elimination, it is of no means a way to cure acne. That is ridiculous. It's like saying "Can I get my Biochemistry degree by just taking a biology course?" It's a protocol to help elimination. Like an enema, but it is an alternative to people who do not want to do enemas such as myself.

The proper way to do a Salt Water Flush:

-1 Quart of water (1 litre)

-2 level Teaspoons natural, unrefined sea salt (I recommend 1-2 TABLESPOONS for better results)

-Drink first thing in the Morning

Now let me make this clear. SWF is best done while fasting, or at least when you have most junk out of your system. Best way is to stop eating after breast fast and lunch one day (Skipping dinner), and then the following morning drink the SWF.

It should NOT take a few days to notice, it should take about 10-60 minutes for you to run to the bathroom and start having watery bowel movement.

-reason for failing to do so: not enough salt!

-too little salt = water gets absorbed and does more harm to you than good.

-if you are constipated use safe herbal laxatives before the SWF (the night before)

Water should taste salty as chicken soup, if not you're not using enough salt and it may not work. If you absorb the water instead of expelling, it can make you bloated and ill also over whelming the kidneys.

I recommend using 1-2 tablespoons of unrefined sea salt instead of teaspoons.

Please research on your own before trying anything. A simple google search of SWF will give you various results.

I also recommend www.askshelley.com/faq for a ton of information.