Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ninjatoshiba

Lengthening Your Lashes

OH MY MY!! I haven't been on this site for quite awhile..I cannot believe how awesome you guys are..and how well educated you all are in these spiffy little tips and tricks!!!!!

I always check acne.org before i do something!! YOU ALL ARE SO VERY HELPFUL AND AMAZING!!

Anywho..onto the topic.

I've been using Mavala Dual Lash for about 5 months now..I love it!! I think i got it for 16 bux online...and I still have tons of it left......My lashes are thicker and fuller..and even LONGER.

I have yucky short asian lashes btw....

BUT.....I love experimenting..I hear that sweeping olive oil with a mascara wand...can also thicken your lashes...true or false??

Why would i want to bail out on Mavala for olive oil? I don't..I just want to try something else..who knows I MIGHT GET EVEN MORE FAB RESULTS!!! ^_^"

Any thoughts on this???

once again u guys are AWESOME!! Wish i had time to be on here more..sigh*

This stuff sounds great! Is it mascara or just something to help the health of your lashes?

it's not mascara..it's to keep your lashes strong and healthy ..and they won't fall out as much.........i sweep it on at night...and voila!! ^_^

my lashes got thicker in about a month...^_^"

I'd love to know if there's any truth behind the olive oil trick! Anyone tried this?

as far as i know..some have tried this..and even say that it does condition lashes very nicely..i use olive oil on the tips of my hair...to lessen spit ends..and i also add sugar to it as a homemade scrub..so maybe it might work??

I am going to give it a go go and see...just hopefully i m diligent with it and don't get oil in my eyes..^_^"

I'm a eyelash freak! Have you guys heard of/gotten semi permanent lashes done yet? I did and they looked so gooood! But were close to 400 bucks and unfortunatley lasted only 1 month, grr.

But when I either dont wear the semi permanent ones or falsies that I put on daily if I have time, I use Lancome Hypnotic mascara. I've tried a lotta mascaras out there and ive been asked at least 3x if my eyelashes were real when wearing it and 1 person who asked me was a make up artist. A cheaper alternative is Maybelinnes Full and Soft.

I'm on a hair forum/beauty forum and a girl on there patented her own DIY semi permanent eyelash kit for anyone to purchase. The kit is only 75 dollars and comes with everything. ive seen the reviews for it and they were great! They last a week and lash refills are a couple bucks a month. Save so much more than getting semi permanent done by a salon. So when I get my kit later this month ill post my b4 and after pics.

If interested her website is www.Fluttereyes.com. Although , you can't order the kit yet. She's realeasing the kit in January. But you can email her and ask to get a introductory kit she smailing out the 27th i believe. And if anyones thinks there too unskilled to put them on , trust me you'll ge tthe hang of it. I have links to some tutorials for her DIY hair extension forum I'm on also. Let me know if you want more info-tell her KAtie referred you.

I'm a eyelash freak! Have you guys heard of/gotten semi permanent lashes done yet? I did and they looked so gooood! But were close to 400 bucks and unfortunatley lasted only 1 month, grr.

But when I either dont wear the semi permanent ones or falsies that I put on daily if I have time, I use Lancome Hypnotic mascara. I've tried a lotta mascaras out there and ive been asked at least 3x if my eyelashes were real when wearing it and 1 person who asked me was a make up artist. A cheaper alternative is Maybelinnes Full and Soft.

I'm on a hair forum/beauty forum and a girl on there patented her own DIY semi permanent eyelash kit for anyone to purchase. The kit is only 75 dollars and comes with everything. ive seen the reviews for it and they were great! They last a week and lash refills are a couple bucks a month. Save so much more than getting semi permanent done by a salon. So when I get my kit later this month ill post my b4 and after pics.

If interested her website is www.Fluttereyes.com. Although , you can't order the kit yet. She's realeasing the kit in January. But you can email her and ask to get a introductory kit she smailing out the 27th i believe. And if anyones thinks there too unskilled to put them on , trust me you'll ge tthe hang of it. I have links to some tutorials for her DIY hair extension forum I'm on also. Let me know if you want more info-tell her KAtie referred you.

wow!!! that's lots of cool info on fake lashes...I'm not a huge fan of false/semi perm lashes...don't they ruin your real ones? I use Shiseido Long lasting lift masacara and their base..AND IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY!!!! i am so in love!! i just want my lashes to be healthier !!

^Nope the semi-perm ones dont ruin your natural lashes at all. B/C out lashes fall out (I believe) about every 4-6 weeks and new ones grow in. So they naturally fall out. And even if you want to pull 1 out that is maybe bothering you it wont rip out your real lash. I pulled them gently out if I had to get 1 out of the way bc it was drooping into my eyeball.

And if you ever want to add some falsies for a little "uummphh" the glue is not harsh at all. Just loosen the glue by applying some warm water and soap.

Another great tip is to either buy a heated eyelash curler or heating your metal one with a blowdryer. I jsut heat my old fashioned one with a little bit of warm air. Makes a HUGE difference in the curl. FYI-Plastic curlers will melt!

And Shu Emura is probably the best eyelash curler on the market for a reasobable price. Hit up sephora.com for a heated curler and the shu emura curler.

Oh and ninja, I'll post a pic of my mom's semi permanent lashes. There Xtreme lashes. You will fall in love! Plus they just came out with a more curled version! No work at all. And extreme lashes also sell there own heated eyelash curler espically made to not melt the adhesive that holds them in. They use surgical adhesive to hold them in.

And I wear full sets for parties/clubs and they look so good. I put the adhesive on them and stick on my natural lash line. Then curl them with my heated curler to blend them. Then apply 2 coats of mascara and voila! All blended together and look great. And if I have time I add individual ones to my outer lashes to give a "flirty" look:) Once you try falsies or semi perm. ones you'll fall in love. They have come along way IMO. Many more natural looking options available.