Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I am Snow

Fruits, Veggies, WHEY!!

I'm sick of letting all this dieting and junk affect my working out. I saw how unbelievably well fasting on vegetable juice worked for my acne, yet I lost a lot of weight, and had no energy.

My plan is to intake a lot more juiced things for my regular dieting.

I still find it hard to believe that whey protein causes acne as my face actually cleared up the first time I started using whey protein.

I think it is a lot better to take it with water, which is what I have always done, and I am going to continue to do. So for the next couple weeks I am going to use a new type of diet. I am still going to eat a sandwich from time to time, maybe one a day or so, but atleast half of my food will be juiced.

Whey is made from concentated cow's milk. So if dairy breaks you out, I suppose whey might too. Have you tried any other plant based proteins?

they say whey can cause acne because a majority of people have sensitivity. i never had stomach problems from that but once i took it out of my diet i got clear.

everyone is different. do what you think is right.

what whey you take? i think meats cause acne for me =( i need other ways to get the protein if i dont eat meat.. cant drink whey for every meal or ill go broke

what whey you take? i think meats cause acne for me =( i need other ways to get the protein if i dont eat meat.. cant drink whey for every meal or ill go broke

It is the pro performance whey sold @ GNC. That is what I took while I was 100% clear for almost three months. Then I cut back a little bit on my working out since school started up and I got behind and what do you know, ACNE ACNE ACNE. Maybe weight lifting is my cure... haha.

just need high protein to gain muscle :)

Chicken breast , Whole grain bread ( only prefer Ezekiel bread ) , Whey protein ( with 3-5 ingredient)

100% liquid egg whites , Sunflower seeds , beans , etc

this is all i eat and i don't get break out

well i did broke out.. cause of red meat and Brown eggs. :(

This is the healthy whey protein i buy :) i love it..

http://www.jayrobb.com/cat_proteinWheyVan12.asp

Taste so great -_-

Hey bro I'm a bodybuilder and I don't eat any dairy cause it makes me break out. It can be done. I don't even eat whey. A dairy free diet helps you stay leaner anyway. Here are some pics to prove it.

post-77494-1224046198_thumb.jpg

post-77494-1224046211_thumb.jpg

post-77494-1224046235_thumb.jpg

post-77494-1224046198_thumb.jpg

post-77494-1224046211_thumb.jpg

post-77494-1224046235_thumb.jpg

Hey bro I'm a bodybuilder and I don't eat any dairy cause it makes me break out. It can be done. I don't even eat whey. A dairy free diet helps you stay leaner anyway. Here are some pics to prove it.

so can u enlighten us with your diet?

protein sources specifically?

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

I usually mix the soy and egg powder for my shakes with some cornstarch for carbs. Cornstarch has a fast glycemic load but a low glycemic index.

250 grams of protein a day

40-50 grams of fiber a day

If you wanna know more about my fats and carbs hit me up.

I'm 6 foot, 200lbs, and last body fat reading was 5.8%

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

I usually mix the soy and egg powder for my shakes with some cornstarch for carbs. Cornstarch has a fast glycemic load but a low glycemic index.

is that all u eat as far as carbs?

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

is that all u eat as far as carbs?

No, it's just what I use for carbs in my shakes.

Carbs and fats

double fiber wheat bread

sweet potatoes

veges

oat bran

wheat bran

kashi high protein/high fiber cereal

soy milk

honey

fruits

peanut butter - i avoid most nuts but pb doesn't seem to bother me

cliff bars

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

Lmao that's y ur strong.. 250g is alot

I only get 210g-220g....

180g+ should be fine if wanna gain muscle fast :D

I am 6'2 and i weight 165 :(:( i really want 200 by gaining muscles. ^^

will take a while. it been 2 weeks that i weight 165.... argh.....

might start eating high calories foods soon if i don't go up.

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

I only get 210g-220g....

Do you know how any of this actually works? Him eating 30-40 more g of protein is not "y ur strong".

If you want to get up to 200 from muscle, then you need to go on a bulk, and eat big meals with carbs and protein after you lift. If you want to get to 200 lbs you need to be eating at a calorie surplus.

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

I only get 210g-220g....

Do you know how any of this actually works? Him eating 30-40 more g of protein is not "y ur strong".

If you want to get up to 200 from muscle, then you need to go on a bulk, and eat big meals with carbs and protein after you lift. If you want to get to 200 lbs you need to be eating at a calorie surplus.

All i need is high protein to gain muscle. , and exercise alot.

I talked to a guy his muscle is bigger then his body... cause his skinny xcept his arms.. is big >_<

he said he don't eat rice etc... only sometime

that he eat brown bread , chicken , ... etc

You see this guy , big muscle cause he gets 250g protein... Since i go to gym "everyday"

for 1 to 2 hours .... >_< will get 200 lbs couple months..

If i don't gain much then will start eating red meat again >_<

bullshit.. high protein is necessary...but as stated before u need a more calories than u burn to gain size..

a lot of carbs, high protein , moderate good fats..

when bulking i like dairy products like cottage cheese,whey,casein,milk..and a high caloric intake...i have like 4500-4800calories on training days from 300g protein,120g fat, about 550g carbs

otherwise stick to:

protein:

fish

steak

chicken

eggwhites

egg-protein

carbs:

dextrose/fast actin carbs (after workout)

oats

raisins

sweet potatoe

rice

ezekiel bread

lentils

beans

fats:

macadamia oil

fishoil

extra virgin olive oil

omega3-eggs

stick to the basics...

eddie you need to read up on body building because you have some misconceptions that are going to hinder you a LOT. first off, you need complex carbs(like rice) to fuel your muscles. second, anything much over 1 hr at the gym is gonna be a waste.

edit: it's also gonna years to gain enough muscle mass to make 200

You don't want too much of a calorie surplus or you'll put on fat. Plus, most of us are here because of acne, so it's best to avoid high glycemic foods like dextrose. That's why I use cornstarch or waxy maize (which is just a specific type of cornstarch). They load fast so you will still get quick absorption, but you won't spike your insulin. This is key to helping you stay lean too. There is a difference between gaining weight and gaining muscle. You will not go from 165 to 200 lbs in a couple months without gaining fat. You need to be patient. Up your protein, fats, and carbs, but eat clean/healthy foods. Your surplus should be about 250 cals per day.

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

I only get 210g-220g....

I talked to a guy his muscle is bigger then his body... cause his skinny xcept his arms.. is big >_<

You see this guy , big muscle cause he gets 250g protein... Since i go to gym "everyday"

While protein helps build muscle, it is not the only thing. Eating plenty of carbs after you eat plus protein after a lift will help even more.

Chances are that the guy you are talking about bulked up (ate a lot of food, including plenty of protein and carbs, probably whey protein shakes along with heavy lifting) and then went on a cut later. Eating clean will help build lean muscle and help keep the fat off but makes building muscle a much slower process (especially 40 pounds of muscle, that is a lot... that is a total body change and would take a while). And FYI, meals/shakes after you lift are important. This is a good time to have meals with plenty of protein and carbs.

But since this is an acne forum, balancing muscle building with acne control is pretty difficult. I try to eat plenty of lean meats, low GI carbs, fruits, veggies, and other whole foods. I will have protein shakes in water (right now trying GNC whey) right after I lift to help with the size. It seems to be doing ok for me.

Hey that's pretty much the body I'm willing to have, lean and muscular without being too big, could you please tell me what's your workout?

yea waxy maize is awesome...

remember...protein and fat build muscle, carbs are fuel! ... u gotta know ur body , to know how much calories u gonna need for bulk and for dieting..

Protein I use is:

fish

chicken

soy powder

steak occasionally

pork occasionally

egg white powder

I only get 210g-220g....

While protein helps build muscle, it is not the only thing. Eating plenty of carbs after you eat plus protein after a lift will help even more.

Chances are that the guy you are talking about bulked up (ate a lot of food, including plenty of protein and carbs, probably whey protein shakes along with heavy lifting) and then went on a cut later. Eating clean will help build lean muscle and help keep the fat off but makes building muscle a much slower process (especially 40 pounds of muscle, that is a lot... that is a total body change and would take a while). And FYI, meals/shakes after you lift are important. This is a good time to have meals with plenty of protein and carbs.

But since this is an acne forum, balancing muscle building with acne control is pretty difficult. I try to eat plenty of lean meats, low GI carbs, fruits, veggies, and other whole foods. I will have protein shakes in water (right now trying GNC whey) right after I lift to help with the size. It seems to be doing ok for me.

Putting on extra fat will not help you put on extra muscle. In fact, the more fat receptors you have, the more likely you'll put on fat. The leaner you are, the more your muscle receptors will respond to androgens and acquire the nutrients you get from your food. The guy who goes slow and puts on quality muscle will have just as much muscle as the guy who bulks up and then cuts all the fat off afterward. I have done both ways as I have been doing this for over 10 years, and I've learned it's best to stay lean and not put your body through drastic changes... especially when in the end it's really all for nothing because you could of got just as far by going slow. In fact, a lot of guys lose some of the muscle they put on when they "bulked up" because they don't cut right. Cutting is hard so why not just stay lean?

Hey that's pretty much the body I'm willing to have, lean and muscular without being too big, could you please tell me what's your workout?

It's not just working out bro. You have to have your diet and supplements in check. The best thing I can tell you is to isolate each muscle as a workout for each day. So do chest one day, biceps one day, triceps one day, legs one day, back one day, shoulders one day, and one day off for rest. Do 4 to 5 exercises and 4 sets per exercise. Stay in the 8 to 10 rep range except for higher reps on the 1st set of each exercise for a warmup. It should take about 45 minutes per day. Of course, I've done numerous different routines, and you will have to change your routing about every 6 to 8 weeks. This one is a little more advanced so you may want to start 3 days a week with a total body workout depending on your experience. Just giving you a workout would be irresponsible of me without knowing where you're at and your history. I'm a trainer... I do this for a living.

stick to the basic movements in the first year...

as enlightenme said..go with a fullbody workout 3-4 times a week:

Workout A:

Squats

Benchpress

Barbell Rows

Military Press

Workout B:

Deadlift

Chins

Dips

Curls

get the form right , eat plenty, have rest...grow..

i got over 218lbs just sticking to the basics..

It's not just working out bro. You have to have your diet and supplements in check. The best thing I can tell you is to isolate each muscle as a workout for each day. So do chest one day, biceps one day, triceps one day, legs one day, back one day, shoulders one day, and one day off for rest. Do 4 to 5 exercises and 4 sets per exercise. Stay in the 8 to 10 rep range except for higher reps on the 1st set of each exercise for a warmup. It should take about 45 minutes per day. Of course, I've done numerous different routines, and you will have to change your routing about every 6 to 8 weeks. This one is a little more advanced so you may want to start 3 days a week with a total body workout depending on your experience. Just giving you a workout would be irresponsible of me without knowing where you're at and your history. I'm a trainer... I do this for a living.

Thankies for your valuable advices, what I do now is an "approximative total body workout" 3 days a week for about 45 min, I jump rope and between I do declined push ups, and chin ups, and then I strech. In the future I will try to isolate each muscles like you said.

What is your opinion on jumping rope? and stetching?