Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ajhall24

Benzaclin and the regimen

i used to use benzaclin when i had really mild acne and it seemed to work. i slowly stopped using it as my acne naturally got better. recently my skin has been really bad so i started the regimen. i still have a prescription for benzaclin and it actually costs very little because of my insurance. i was wondering if the clindamycin or something in the benzaclin makes it work better than the acne.org benzoyl peroxide. its a higher concentration, and i used to use a lot less than how much of acne.org benzoyl peroxide i use now.

I was on Benzaclin for awhile and I found it worked a lot quicker than Dan's Regimen, mainly due to the fact that Benzaclin is 5% BP + Clindamycin. Unfortunately since Clindamycin is an antibiotic, the body can become immune to it, making Benzaclin practically useless.

So I would recommend using Benzaclin for the time being. If you do become immune to it, then look to other options.