Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pontings

Blade or electric?

Having used an electric razor from the beginning I am thinking of changing to blade. What are your experiences - is it more or less irritating? Will it cause a big breakout if I were to change?

Electric = less for me. I always used cheap disposable manuals and had severe irritation and ingrowns. I never tried the fancier mach3 or the one Dan recomends. Although I'm sure it would be an improvment, I still don't think it would be as good as my electric which gives me practically no irritation at all.

Why are you thinking about trying a manual razor if you are fine with an electric? If you've never used a manual before then it may take some time for your skin to get used to it.

I tried using a manual razor for years no matter what razor or how gentle i did it, I always broke out I could count on it. Finally I went and purchased a pretty expencive electric razor from Braun, I get severly less breakouts.

When ive left my facial hair to grow too long (usually after 1-2 weeks) I use a Mach 3 Razor and use shaving oil rather than foam. But if I can be bothered to shave within 2-4 days i use my electric shaver. I find that if I use my electic shaver when my facial hair is longer than usual I have to go over the same spots again and again to make sure that its all shaved off, but a razor does it in 1-2 strokes. However when my facial hair is short, I can just go over my skin once with the electric shaver and it works great.