Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Toothpaste, please vote

Does toothpaste work to reduce a pimple overnight for you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does toothpaste work to reduce a pimple overnight for you?

• Yes
    • No

The book developer who is working with me on finalizing the Acne.org book asked me what I thought of some home remedies. I told her I'm uncomfortable recommending anything that does not have studies to back it up, but would post a poll regarding a few of them anyway. Here's one on toothpaste.

If you have any pimples on your face, please apply a bit of toothpaste to one of them tonight, not a gel toothpaste, but a paste. Then vote and let me know how it went.

-Dan

It did not exactly make the pimple smaller but it brought the puss to the surface giving it a head if that is what you are looking for?

When I tried this it totally irritated my skin and gave me a big red burnt spot on my face in addition to the zit. So I don't recommend it!

Toothpaste sucks.Once,i applied it on my cystic acne and left overnight .Next morning,my acne were more visible and dark brown in color .I got those acne last month and the scars i got from them are still same.I wish i shouldn't have applied toothpaste on them.

Please please please do not ruin the toothpaste name!

I know that some of you have had bad experiences with it, but give it a chance those who have not tried!

Please follow my overnight pimple dryer-uper given to me from my cousin who is a make up artist:

1) First, wash your face with a soap free cleanser, she recomends Cetaphil or Purpose.

2) Then moisturise with a moisturizer that wont hurt your acne, she recomends the above brands.

3) Finally, get out some (and this is important) PLAIN ORDINARY COLGATE WHITE toothpast. Do not get a tarter control, blue gel, extra whitening, surround sound or anything! Just stick to the regular. Now, you are going to get a Q-tip or your finger, and get a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny... amount...well mabey not that small, but you want it LITTLE. Now, just dab this DIRECTLY ON THE CENTER of the pimple, not on the edges where the skin is sensative. Then go to bed with your face up.

Well that should do, but PLEASE let me know how you went, by posting it on this board or emailing me.

Thanks,

Dave