Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leslie788

will they ever fade?!?!?!

I've had my redmarks for over a year, nearly a year and a half, and they still haven't faded yet. I've tried the tape method, jojoba oil, vitamin e, retin-a, the baby brush method, benzamycin, and lactic acid and none of this has worked!!! Will my marks ever fade by themselves because I am seeing no results whatsoever by using any products?

I've had my redmarks for over a year, nearly a year and a half, and they still haven't faded yet. I've tried the tape method, jojoba oil, vitamin e, retin-a, the baby brush method, benzamycin, and lactic acid and none of this has worked!!! Will my marks ever fade by themselves because I am seeing no results whatsoever by using any products?

maybe you could use nothing and see if that helps. if you dont have actual acne and jst the redmarks after. cause it could be all the chemicals your using on your face that keep it red.

Try a product with honey a the main ingredient. I use a product called Bee Yummy Skin Food that is organic and raw, no chemicals and it's fading my red marks quick, I suppose it's taking a little longer for you to see results but I honestly do think you should refrain from using chemicals simply because they may be doing more harm then good.

Ive read that organic apple cidar vinegar can help get rid of those blemishes that have been left on your face once your acne was gone. If that doesnt work theirs always laser but that can be pretty expensive

The only problem is that I periodically get bad acne. A lot of the time my acne is under control and so I try to deal with my red marks because they usually look worse than my acne, but then my acne breaks out and I'm afraid to continue treating my red marks. Is there any possible way to treat red marks and acne at the same time?

Makeitmakesense, where did you get that product from?

Prettyboy, I've read that there can be weird side effects with drinking apple cider vinegar.

u need to treat your acne until you are consistently clear first THEN treat your scars

It seems to get consistently clear but then when I start treating my red marks, it flares up again. What would you recommend to treat my acne?

u need to treat your acne until you are consistently clear first THEN treat your scars

It seems to get consistently clear but then when I start treating my red marks, it flares up again. What would you recommend to treat my acne?

Dan's reg and or AHA

The million dollar question....I would recommend...(look below my post at my regimen listed)

Dan's reg and or AHA

What is AHA and do they both actually work?

The million dollar question....I would recommend...(look below my post at my regimen listed)

It doesn't look like there's much in your regimen besides diet, soap, and moisturizer?

Someone sharing my experiences -______-

I say go to the derm.

I'm going to after I'm done with my 12 weeks of Differin.

When I went to the derm, she didn't look at my face and started prescribing me something the second I sat down and I tried the stuff. Didn't work. She gave me some new stuff later. Didn't work. No, I am not considering going back...

it's been said already, refrain from the products you're using for redmarks. but also you actually could be allergic to something you're using! i found out i am allergic to the inactive ingredient carbomber. it caused me rashes and more acne. and unfortunately, i have found that the scars from when i was using products with carbomber are particularly persistant in not going away. i guess i had that bad of a reaction. i think that may be your case. what i would reccomend is keeping a log of what you're using on your skin only using a few products at a time. and check to see if any of your products have the same ingredients, active and inactive.

i tried two BPs, dan's and clearisel stay clear i believe. both of them had carbomber. and proactiv has carbomber too; thank god i didnt try that. but i ended up believing i was allergic to BP, when i was not. anyway sorry for the long reply. also about dermos ive had bad experiences. actually the dermo did not realize i was allergic which he should have when i used Tazorac which has TWO types of carbomber in it. i agree with you, i dont trust dermos anymore. they just prescribe you so much stuff that ends up making things worse...

hope i helped a bit? :D

The only problem is that I periodically get bad acne. A lot of the time my acne is under control and so I try to deal with my red marks because they usually look worse than my acne, but then my acne breaks out and I'm afraid to continue treating my red marks. Is there any possible way to treat red marks and acne at the same time?

Prettyboy, I've read that there can be weird side effects with drinking apple cider vinegar.

What kinda side affects have you heard because i havent experienced any????

AHA= Alpha Hydroxy Acid, there are several differnet AHAs, the one Dan uses is glycolic Acid. How did you get rid of your acne? Accutain hurts your ability to heal if that is what you were on. AHAs work as a mild pealing agent in OTC formulas. This eventually leads to increased skin turnover like a chemical peal. (you can get a doctor to do an AHA peal with like 40% acid as aposed to 10% in OTC).

I have sufferd from acne for along time and im on my second course of accutane. I don't know everything but by now I know acne inside and out. I wouldn't try leaving honey or other "organic" (Organic means made of chains carbon atoms, for example rattle snake venom is organic), I doubt it will hurt but i've waisted so much money on these treatments I want you to be able to save the money. If it is really that bad and it is not caused by irritation I may try a take home microderabrasion.

it's been said already, refrain from the products you're using for redmarks. but also you actually could be allergic to something you're using! i found out i am allergic to the inactive ingredient carbomber. it caused me rashes and more acne. and unfortunately, i have found that the scars from when i was using products with carbomber are particularly persistant in not going away. i guess i had that bad of a reaction. i think that may be your case. what i would reccomend is keeping a log of what you're using on your skin only using a few products at a time. and check to see if any of your products have the same ingredients, active and inactive.

i tried two BPs, dan's and clearisel stay clear i believe. both of them had carbomber. and proactiv has carbomber too; thank god i didnt try that. but i ended up believing i was allergic to BP, when i was not. anyway sorry for the long reply. also about dermos ive had bad experiences. actually the dermo did not realize i was allergic which he should have when i used Tazorac which has TWO types of carbomber in it. i agree with you, i dont trust dermos anymore. they just prescribe you so much stuff that ends up making things worse...

hope i helped a bit? :D

Okay, I have stopped using my red mark products. Now I am only using benzamycin for my acne, because it really helps with my acne, even though it sometimes seems like it makes my red marks worse. See, the thing is, I really want to be able to treat my red marks, not my acne, because my red marks are way worse. I usually just spot treat my acne because I really don't get much of it.

What kinda side affects have you heard because i havent experienced any????

I think I read about side effects with your stomach. I don't know, I just really don't want to take any chances. Also, is it possible to just put the ACV on your face, instead of drinking it?

AHA= Alpha Hydroxy Acid, there are several differnet AHAs, the one Dan uses is glycolic Acid. How did you get rid of your acne? Accutain hurts your ability to heal if that is what you were on. AHAs work as a mild pealing agent in OTC formulas. This eventually leads to increased skin turnover like a chemical peal. (you can get a doctor to do an AHA peal with like 40% acid as aposed to 10% in OTC).

I have sufferd from acne for along time and im on my second course of accutane. I don't know everything but by now I know acne inside and out. I wouldn't try leaving honey or other "organic" (Organic means made of chains carbon atoms, for example rattle snake venom is organic), I doubt it will hurt but i've waisted so much money on these treatments I want you to be able to save the money. If it is really that bad and it is not caused by irritation I may try a take home microderabrasion.

I tried lactic acid 40% for 8 weeks and didn't see any improvement. My acne really isn't that bad that I would want to try accutane. I really think I can spot treat most of my acne with benzamycin when I get it. I only want to get rid of my red marks because they are so much worse than my acne.

I got the product from a website called live-live.com, the only problem is, that it's kinda pricey. However, it sounds like you could benefit from an all natural organic product since you are continuing to have break outs. Breaking out more where red marks are might be hindering your progress and I understand it's frustrating. This product is good for your skin and won't make you break out and I have seen it make a difference in my red marks after only a few weeks of using it.

I drank ACV for a month and half and it did absolutely nothing for redness or redmarks

I stopped drinking it and I am using it as a toner at nighttime

-i didnt get any side effects i benefited from it but i can't stand the taste and it is bad for your teeth enamel

but it has helped a lot of people with redmarks hopefully it helps me *fingers crossed*

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Apple-Cid...ic-t108428.html

I have read that raw manuka honey helps too but i have never tried it

As they say, you should cure your acne first, and later the redmarks. :)

ACV is very effective in stopping acne, and it heals any active one fast (in my experience) ;)

I had cystic acne. White heads kept popping out, and I had redness too. A little scarring I'm hoping will go away, and I've had redness after a month.

I have tried using emu oil, RX hydrocortizone cream, and overnight acne skin moisturizer.

The makeup doesn't quite cover it.

I'm going to try applying organic apple cider vinegar topically. I heard that it's half water / half ACV.

Does anyone know how fast ACV works? I hope it works better than the RX & OTC cortisone cream I have been using for the last month.

I got the product from a website called live-live.com, the only problem is, that it's kinda pricey. However, it sounds like you could benefit from an all natural organic product since you are continuing to have break outs. Breaking out more where red marks are might be hindering your progress and I understand it's frustrating. This product is good for your skin and won't make you break out and I have seen it make a difference in my red marks after only a few weeks of using it.

Thank you for the information. Perhaps I will use that.

As they say, you should cure your acne first, and later the redmarks. :)

ACV is very effective in stopping acne, and it heals any active one fast (in my experience) ;)

Must you drink the ACV or can you apply it topically?

you can drink it or apply it topically. I drank it for 2 months and I didn't see much of an improvement

if you use it topically expect an IB. I haven't had one yet but I only started applying it topically monday

I believe if that you really think your red marks aren't fading at all, then your body is dealing with something else that it deems more important then your skin. Are you following me?