Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's to dislike? You're attractive and what i've read from your posts on these boards, compassionate and kind, it's all in your head.

I might appear pretty from a distance, but I can guarantee that up close is a different story; and even if I am compassionate and kind, it doesn't help my insecurities.

Its all in your head there darling. You need to love yourself!!! Why not love yourself? You may have scars but look at all the positive aspects that make you who you are. You need to play up everything you love about yourself and let all that hate go. Acne and scars suck but we have to be here in this world so why not make the most of it? Go out with your friends and enjoy life. With your mind being occupied you will have less time to focus on your skin. I am so sorry you are having to go through this but just know that there is a light at the end of every tunnel you come upon in life. It is all up to you to make it to that light. I wish you the best of luck. Chin up!

From your picture, I don't notice anything wrong. I'm not sure if thats the case up close, however I do know one thing - you can't let yourself turn into a depressed mess. There is always a cure and you MUST have a positive attitude, it will help the healing process...Believe me.

Don't hate yourself, just your life right now. And you have the power to change it. I have some scars too, and every now and then I do get new cysts which can leave new scars too, so I still have that frustration. It is the hardest thing to deal with, I know. Maybe you could try Maca powder to help with PCOS? You can google it. I've started that because I know I have hormonal acne, and I have also done some coffee enema's you can read about in the nutritional section on the board. So that is my plan for now. I don't give up hope because since I've dealt with scars for along time now, I have seen how the CAN improve with time and doing the right things for your skin. It's hard to say what the right thing would be for you, you just have to research and do trial and error. I wouldn't do anything too risky until you've tried everything non-invasive you can. I've learned feeling sorry for myself doesn't help my situation so I choose to let that emotion go. It's still hard not to get frustrated and nervous at times, but I try not to stay in those moments for long. Stay strong!

If you have tried every treatment out there, the best you can do PHYSICALLY is to be on the lookout for further new treatments that may work for you.

But aside from that, there is nothing more you can do other than to be optimistic and fight to not let your current insecurity get to you.

And yes, having been there myself, we can always make a list of a million excuses why people shouldn't be saying that to us, and about how it's easier said than done, and about how it's so much different when we're actually dealing with the situation and whatnot.

But the reality is, self-pitying and self-hate get you exactly no where. It traps you in a circle of not getting any bit of productivity... Actually, I take that back, it's not a circle, it's more like a downward spiral. You keep on going around and around until you hit the bottom, where you feel like you have to take drastic measures (and I will refrain from using the "S" word here).

Really, it comes down to you having to put up the mental battle and stop giving time and more thought to the ideas of self-hate and self-pity that keep on bombarding your mind. You can keep on saying that it's too difficult to fight it and you can even say that the advice I gave you is worthless.

But in the end, only you can get yourself out of where you are right now, and the first step is to put up that fight to change your mentality ~ as Iliad wrote excellently, you have to love yourself for everything else to look brighter.

I truly wish you the best.

(P.S. I think changing your ID would be a great first step towards positivity).

That might be the most important piece of advice you can ever receive TC. Learning to love yourself first is imperative for anything in your life to change. I wish I learned this sooner, so much could have been different for me, but we're all still young (i assume), so lets this change now.

Thanks for all your posts.

AsiaXiah you are right, I'm not helping my life by hating myself and being a depressed mess. I am definitely going to work on changing my perspective. Also, I will change the id to just "Skye".