Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've just spent the last 2 hours crying my eyes out because I can't deal with the way I look.

I've had acne since I was 13, I'm almost 23 now and while I never really suffered much from scarring, that all changed for me after I started using Retin A about a year ago, now my face is covered in scars. I can't even look at myself without having an anxiety attack. I've stopped seeing friends and anyone I haven't seen in a year I can't handle seeing again but I feel like they will be disgusted by me. I can barely leave the house anymore and I cry all the time.

The worst part is I don't see any end to this, I have PCOS so I'll probably have acne forever.

I feel so alone. I don't want to let this ruin my life but I feel like it's too late and i'll never be able to accept my horrible scarred face.

i can feel your pain.i have also cried my heart out.i have not seen myself in mirror for about six months.dont feel disgusted about yourself. i hate myself and thats how i am.everything happens for some good reason and so does acne.look at its positve side.you should go out and meet your friends.if they are your true friends they will surely understand you.

for scarring you should try dermabrasion or just have few rounds of chemical peeling.

i can feel your pain.i have also cried my heart out.i have not seen myself in mirror for about six months.dont feel disgusted about yourself. i hate myself and thats how i am.everything happens for some good reason and so does acne.look at its positve side.you should go out and meet your friends.if they are your true friends they will surely understand you.

for scarring you should try dermabrasion or just have few rounds of chemical peeling.

Thanks for your post although I really can't see any good from this, all it's done is turn me into a miserable cow who hates her life.

Acne has ruined my life as well and has led me to hate myself. These redmarks and acne cysts which have bombarded my face and have made me look like a monster, and has completely ruined my outlook on life. Seriously, when I read posts like yours I feel somewhat better. So, I'm sorry you're going through this, but I suppose I can say that you're not alone in your suffering and pain. Hope that helps you out a bit.

ugly_skye - scars are treatable and depending upon the severity there are actually some pretty good treatments out there. Don't lose hope...

Thanks for your posts, I wish I had a friend in real life who was going through this so I could feel like somebody understands how I feel.

My parents constantly tell me that I'm being pathetic by letting this ruin my life, but then it's easy to say just "get over it" when you have flawless skin.

As for the treatments, they of course come with a price of possible more scarring and whilst my acne is still active I can't do a damm thing.

I believe that human beings were created with one foundational motive, to love and be loved by others. For while a human's deepest desire is to love others, their deepest need is to be loved themselves. After struggling for years with acne my self esteem has been ground into pulp, I have little confidence, and no hope of ever overcoming this disease. As many people on these forums may have experienced, I began over time to hate myself. It is then that I realized that the deepest emotional pain may very well be being unable to love oneself. Think about it, people can pull through just about any trial or circumstance with little more than a sense of self preservatoin. But when a person feels hate for themselves what hope do they have?

I hate you as well.

Awe c'mon man, don't be an idiot.

Im so tired of reading people crying

I hate people that make topics like this

so its true i really do hate this person.

I hate you as well.

Awe c'mon man, don't be an idiot.

Im so tired of reading people crying

I hate people that make topics like this

so its true i really do hate this person.

And what the hell are you doing on these forums? If you want to find a new regimen go check the other 90% of the forums dedicated to that purpose. I mean, only an idiot would continue reading stuff that he "hates reading".

I've just spent the last 2 hours crying my eyes out because I can't deal with the way I look.

I've had acne since I was 13, I'm almost 23 now and while I never really suffered much from scarring, that all changed for me after I started using Retin A about a year ago, now my face is covered in scars. I can't even look at myself without having an anxiety attack. I've stopped seeing friends and anyone I haven't seen in a year I can't handle seeing again but I feel like they will be disgusted by me. I can barely leave the house anymore and I cry all the time.

The worst part is I don't see any end to this, I have PCOS so I'll probably have acne forever.

I feel so alone. I don't want to let this ruin my life but I feel like it's too late and i'll never be able to accept my horrible scarred face.

Hey... I do know how you feel. I am fifty, and ever since I was 13 I've been dealing with acne.. bad acne, and now scaring. It took many years to become satisifed with who I am. I had to finally accept that I am not pretty, but heck, I'm smart, successful, nice, and financially stable. I've got lots going for me... but good looking, no.

You need to accept who you are and focus on your strong points. Keep trying to improve your acne, but go on and enjoy life. Don't allow acne to stop you! Dress good, be confident... you will be surprised at how people don't notice your skin as much as you do.

Take care. Don't get down on yourself

what? you're a cock sucker?

None cant you read or something ?

Damn shame that your gay and dumb

your family must be so proud.

I know it's hard. I know what it's like to just break down and cry. I want a friend in real life where I could wear no makeup around, and feel confident, because I know that they are going through exactly what I am.

Life is honestly hard. I sometimes wonder if I've already died and been sent to hell.

at least we've got the org. (:

what? you're a cock sucker?

None cant you read or something ?

Damn shame that your gay and dumb

your family must be so proud.

i love this guy

@Iliad: Dude, did you honestly write that? What a freaking amazing post. :P I haven't posted here in ages, but I just have to compliment you on how well written that was - I can relate to what you wrote entirely.

My self-esteem is pretty low as well. I recently met someone who I hadn't seen in four years, and it was rather painful, because she was grimacing at how ugly I had become since she last met me. Anyway, to the main poster, all I can do is wish you the best for the future, and hope that you're able to cheer up sometime soon. :D

Speaking of which, Matador's posts have cheered me up immensely. ;) Even though I hate myself, I can always be comforted by the fact that I'm more intelligent than him.

Nobodys more intelligent than me. Im a fucking brain box who knows everything

You should read my posts because you might learn something.

@Iliad: Dude, did you honestly write that? What a freaking amazing post. :P I haven't posted here in ages, but I just have to compliment you on how well written that was - I can relate to what you wrote entirely.

:surprised: Well thanks mesmer! Good to see you again. Yeah I wrote that. The good news is that since getting on tane and having my acne begin to clear up, I've begun trying to like myself again. Or at least I don't hate what I see in the mirror every morning. Luck to you friend, cheers!

I believe that human beings were created with one foundational motive, to love and be loved by others. For while a human's deepest desire is to love others, their deepest need is to be loved themselves. After struggling for years with acne my self esteem has been ground into pulp, I have little confidence, and no hope of ever overcoming this disease. As many people on these forums may have experienced, I began over time to hate myself. It is then that I realized that the deepest emotional pain may very well be being unable to love oneself. Think about it, people can pull through just about any trial or circumstance with little more than a sense of self preservatoin. But when a person feels hate for themselves what hope do they have?

Nothing to do but try and pick up the pieces. Another day, and try and just breathe.

ive been dealing it since i was 13 myself.. i am now 21 and yes it truly hurts and is a big pain in the ass.. but just be glad this disease doesnt physically harm you in anyway, your still a beautiful being and theres the saying.. what doesnt kill you only makes you stronger!! :) be happy your a human and not some disgusting little bug thats about to get squashed or eaten alive haha. Comparing yourself to alot of all the other bad things going on this world with animals, what horrible diseases and deadly enviroments other beings have to go through that are 1000x worst than acne itself. the longer you wait.. the better it will get.. good things come for those who are paitent. live your life, and do what you need to do to survive.. dont let bad skin drag you down.. sure as hell hasnt stopped me from doing nething. be positive, you still have a done of life a head of you, make the best of it. ;):D everything will be just fine :cool:

I'm sorry to hear that Skye, I had a lot of days like that until I finally learnt to accept who I am. Your parents aren't being sympathetic from the sounds of it, they only want you to be happy and perhaps they're not expressing that notion in the most effective way. There are so many other qualities in a person that far outweigh appearance, it took me a while to realise this but i'm a lot happier because of it.

You can change the way you think of yourself, it will just take time and some work, but that is surely worth it in the the pursuit of happiness and acceptance.

What's to dislike? You're attractive and what i've read from your posts on these boards, compassionate and kind, it's all in your head.