Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eweezy

Accutane Loggin it 21/M/U.S

Hey everyone! I started a blog but I decided a log is more fun because if I have any questions I can have you guys give me help/support with just an easy click of your mouse.

I started Accutane 4 Days ago now and just can't wait another 4+ months but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end! I have persistent moderate acne on my face/shoulders/back and am hoping this goes by smoothly. Biggest problem I am going to have will be not drinking for the next 5 months ugh!

Day 4:

no side effects yet, maybe skin is a bit more dry than usual

two new active pimples popped up the other day on my right temple and left cheek

I first wanted to mention I weigh 160 lbs and am currently taking 40 mg a day for the first month

Day 5:

still no changes with side effect, nothing really apparent

skin:

Pimples that popped up a few days ago died down a little but I have been breaking on my neck which is pretty uncharacteristic. Im just afraid of when the IB is coming... as well as praying nothing will happen to my hair! haha

Hi,

I'm on day 7 myself, taking 40mg a day for 4 months, so we're pretty much in the same boat here. I can relate to not wanting to wait 4 months for clear skin, but I figure hey I've had bad skin for 15 years so 4 months is a walk in the park (especially when you have people on this forum who have been through it). I've only had 2 new actives since I started, but my Derm started me on Finacea and Doryx for 1 month before the Tane, so my face had pretty much dried up except for the scarring. I'm pleasantly surprised so far, the symptoms have all been manageable and every day gets us one step closer to where we want to be!

Hi,

I'm on day 7 myself, taking 40mg a day for 4 months, so we're pretty much in the same boat here. I can relate to not wanting to wait 4 months for clear skin, but I figure hey I've had bad skin for 15 years so 4 months is a walk in the park (especially when you have people on this forum who have been through it). I've only had 2 new actives since I started, but my Derm started me on Finacea and Doryx for 1 month before the Tane, so my face had pretty much dried up except for the scarring. I'm pleasantly surprised so far, the symptoms have all been manageable and every day gets us one step closer to where we want to be!

Hey! I was on Finacea and minocycline as well for a few months before accutane but im more worried about an IB coming from going cold turkey with all the antibiotics and creams. I also have about 3 new actives since i've started tane, and one really nasty mother on my left jawline. Do you have a log going also?

Day 8:

Not a big change with acne, most of the actives over the past few days have calmed down a bit but there are still a large number of red spots on my cheeks. I also seem to be breaking out more on my Back than usual.

Side effects:

None except very minor fatigue, I feel lazier then normal when thinking of going to the gym but not even any dry skin/lips yet. Im guessing the low dose for my weight is a good explanation.

Hope everyone else's accutane journey's are going well!

Thank you both for the comments!

I havn't come on the site in a while but I wanted to update just to let people know how the accutane is affecting me.

Day 17:

The last week or so has been fairly good skin wise, I just had a couple zits on my left cheek and forehead but my back and shoulders seem to be clearing up.

Side Effects: Dry lips (Aquafor is boss)

Dry skin after showers

Day 21:

DAMN! It was creeping under my skin all yesterday and now I have one of those really red wide kind of pimple. It doesn't protrude much but it is mad wide and red and most likely visible to anyone within a 5 mile radius. Besides that everything else seems to be stable, not much better or worse which is fine because I know it usually takes about 3 months or so to start seeing the results!

Acne: Big pimple on left cheek with a few other small ones

a few pimples on right cheek

some small whiteheads on forehead

Good News: Bacne and shoulder acne have been clearing up considerably! although my chest still has a few on it that havnt done anything but sit there for the past month

Side Effects:

Dry lips as always

Dry skin

Hey man glad your underway with the tane, so have you drank any yet or are you completely not while on it. Good luck and keep looking ahead

Hey Rockets, I actually have been drinking. I talked to a few other people who went on accutane a while ago and they told me how they drank as well but gave me tips. Basically I cut down from my normal 12+ drinks in a night to maybe 3 or 4 and I also make sure to drink a ton of water before going to bed. Going to college parties are just really difficult without having a beer or two. I know people mentioned breaking out after they drink but I haven't noticed that at all. Are you on it as well and have you been drinking?

Day 24:

The big pimple on my right cheek is almost gone, the best thing about accutane is that the pimples definitely seem to go away faster after they crop up. My forehead has cleared up and there is maybe one zit still there and my left cheek as a few pimples coming to head today which kinda blows since I told my girl I would take her out to eat. Also my back/shoulders continue to get better. My sister also told me yesterday how much better my skin looked than before which is always nice to hear!

Side Effects:

Dry lips

Dry Skin

Minor Back pain (but I was focused on back muscles yesterday at the gym)

p.s My frat had a big halloween party yesterday and im hoping the drinking I did there doesn't affect my blood tests I have in 4 days!

Day 26:

I goto my derm tomorrow to get my next dose for the second month. Im going to be bumped up to 60 or 80 from my 1st month of 40 and hopefully wont experience any different side effects. Maybe more drying but Im fine with that.

My skin is currently the best its been since I have started. I have maybe 3 or 4 actives on my face all very little. My back and shoulders have still been clearing up fairly nicely.

Side effects:

dry lips durr

skin feels barely dry

minor back pain

Day 31:

Just got my dosage upped to 80 mg a day for the next 4 months since my derm said that is best plan for putting acne in remission.

Just got done popping my first 2 pills, but i will split it up for the next 4 months i just didnt have time today so i took them at the same time.

BIG NOTE for all you drinkers - It could just be me but there was a mixup with my blood test and i had to get it done today when i wasnt expecting to do it and i actually had about 4 beers last night and my derm told me i had a very healthy body etc. So far it seems that if you want to drink just make sure you dont get blackout and only do it sparingly (ive been doing it once a week) and drink plenty of water!

My skin is still pretty stable. there are a few pimples scattered around my face but nothing too bad.

Side effects:

lips get so dry even an hour after globbing on aquafor

minor back pain

Hey glad to hear your course is going along smoothly. I too drank while on tane and had excellent blood test results, I guess it just depends on the individual. You are pretty funny as well, reading it kinda reminded me of how I talk. I really liked the part about how everyone in a 5 mile radius could see your new zit. Anywho good luck!

Day 33:

Quick update. My skin is doing quit alright! Got a pimple on my right cheek as well as a little one on my left. Chest and back still continue to clear up slowly

I ended up spending last night at this one girl's house and my lips were soooooo dry in the morning it was so annoying! If I dont put aquafor on my lips every 2 hours my lips get mad dry. Also the blackheads on my nose have been coming out but now it looks funny cause of how visible my pores are.

side effects

Dry lips

Dry skin

minor back pain

Till my next post, Hi Ho cheery oh

Day 36:

Skin is looking better, have a pimple on my forehead and my cheeks are looking better. My chest and back are clearing up still. Nothing much new to report, i got a ton of essays to get done!

Side Effects:

Dry skin

Dry lips

Back pain very minor

Day 40:

My face had a couple pimples pop up the last couple days but they have both calmed down and my skin is starting to look much better according to my sister and father and it does look like its getting much better. Chest and back continue to get better, not too much to report!

Just a side note that making out on accutane is so annoying lol, after a couple minutes my aquafor gets wiped off and my lips start chapping up so much!

Side Effects:

Dry lips

Skin hasnt been dry except around mouth

minor back pain