Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

usually people who think like this are young. no offense or anything; it's just that you haven't seen much. if you get pissed at that point, well, nothing else to be done.

the life and the world that you know are very small. usually it's people who cling to their past who think like this. if your past was garbage, that's all you know. and of course that's all you expect. life can't be happy all the time. on the same token, it can't be shitty all the time. but those in a shitty mode of thinking tend to only notice the shitty thingz. it's like a girl w/ an abusive father, who grows up to get w/ abusive boyfriendz. people on the outside think, 'what the hell is wrong w/ her'. but really, it's all she knows. can't blame her for going w/ what she knows.

it's also greedy. the universe is beyond me, beyond you, beyond all of us. you think life isn't worth it? cuz i'm sure you'll find people who think life IS worth it. if you don't work on life for yourself, why don't you work on life for other people? people are too busy worrying about themselves that they don't even consider, or care about, the pain of other people. that is what they mean when they say, 'it's greedy to think like that'.

someone mentioned suicide. don't you think that's a little easy? oh, you must've thought life was supposed to be easy. that would explain why you got yourself into this mess. why don't you challenge yourself for once. why don't you try to live life happy. if you wanna impress me, why don't you give it 12 years and see if you still think the same. otherwise, all i see is whining.

Sometimes I feel as if its not. Its not my acne, its just everything in general I just don't think life is worth it sometimes I don't want it anymore I feel like I want to kill myself the only thing stopping me is messing up, I tried once messed up don't want to do it again.

I know happen to me , life is not great at all'

All i do is play computer games / watch tv / work and sleep... thats it

I only got 1 friend which i don't hang with em at all.. only on saturday at gym.

I hope when i go college my life changes....

I have a shitty job.... which i spend all the money on foods to be healthy ;/

Sometimes I feel as if its not. Its not my acne, its just everything in general I just don't think life is worth it sometimes I don't want it anymore I feel like I want to kill myself the only thing stopping me is messing up, I tried once messed up don't want to do it again.

Life is like a roller coaster. It's full of ups and downs, but sometimes you just want to get off.

I feel like that everyday.

I'm not going to commit suicide, because I would be hurting every single person who knew me. Suicide is a crime against the people who love you, not necessarily yourself (my opinion).

It is really hard to find the words to comfort you, because I do feel the exact same way. I don't feel like I have a purpose here. I enjoy my life for the most part, try not to misunderstand me. I have my family and friends and activities to keep me occupied and I try and enjoy those moments. However, I want something more from life, and sometimes I think life can't offer me what I want.

Sorry for the screwed up reply.

damn bro i totally 2nd that, that was some deep shit and 100% true!!

Hey, hope you are feeling better.

Life can be beautiful, i think its sad you feel this way, i wish I could help you.

Theres got to be sometihng you wanna live for, whatever it is, pursue it

My dear it make me sad to hear you feel like this :(

Life is really beautiful theirs many things to look forward too. Sure life can be rough at times and even horrible, but those bad things are what make the good days so wonderful. Be strong and follow your dreams. And If you ever feel bad know that you have someone who cares for you :D

life is worth it, believe me. i used to be depressed , and i thought the same thing, like damn life is not worth it. but then i found my talent, my reason for life , i am a rock/metal singer and im just starting out, but someday i will be famous, i am a girl and i know that i will change metal music. i will be like flyleaf (awesome band)

anyway its like no matter what happens i just remind myself, just finish your school, only 3 more years, then i will move to NYC and fufill my dream. you need to find something that makes you feel alive, liek you have a meaning and u are here for a reason. dude find your passion, i know it sounds dumb but it will make ur life have meaning.

its worth it when u can defeat your own psychological barriers.. and free yourself from the illusion that you don't have choice in your life.. that you are prisoner..

this is not meant in any way to b offensive.. but something i've discovered is that.. putting everything in perspective and saying, ok, For instance today at school was shitty, but hey.. i'm ganna keep going because I WANT to get better at this and i want to see if i can still do what im doing and make it work.. because if i didnt WANT TO i can chose not to.. I can easily chose to run away and go live on the streets or.. climb a tree and hide away or not come back for several days..

you know.. just crazy alternatives..

but no.. for now im not.. im sticking to my routine.. why? because in my head im saying FUCK THIS.. im ganna beat this depression and im ganna claim my life and im ganna succeed and do what it takes to be happy and im ganna spend the time.. and fix the problems in my life so i can be wild and free and climb that tree later when im ready to branch out on my journey. Im gana change what im uncomfortable with now.. and im not ganna do it for anyone else.. or because i have to or for anything else..

im doing it because I DESERVE to be happy.. and I DESERVE to beat the odds and get to that day where i can wake up and say.. i've worked my ass off through thick and thin.. and here I am.. im still here im my journey.. and damn its been a crazy ride.. but im still rockin it! because I"M THE SHIT.. and i'll never give up.. Little society cannot and WILL NOT make me feel like shit about myself.. I am a genuine human.. i am genetically perfect as all humans are.. and in reality there is NOTHING WRONG WITH US..

All it takes is a few moments each day.. to sit down with yourself.. or take a walk in the brisk air.. and say.. there is no good or bad here.. there is no right or wrong.. we're just existing.. this reality is just happening.. moment to moment.. we have SOO much influence over our own lives and our destinys that its crazy and amazing..

your journey may not be one masked by material happiness.. or emotional contentment..

but maybe your journey is a struggle, that has and WILL give you a rare perspective on this life..

WE all have gifts.. but the biggest gift of all.. is wisdom and experience.. and if you can live through today.. and ride out your journey as an observer, without judgment..

u can pass on your wisdom and your experience to others around you .. and others in the future

TOUCH OTHERS and you will change yourself.

PS. sometimes our journey needs to be slowed down in a different way than other people, because we need to take our time to heal from our past.. and our problems.. (this is very important)and you deserve to acknowledge this.. and move at your own pace and give yourself the chance to heal and continue pushing on.. WE RECOGNIZE YOUR STRUGGLE... show others your past, be open and be a TEACHER to those like yourself.

Goodluck.. its all a game, will you beat it?

No, I don't think life is worth it, for me anyway. But I'm not going to commit suicide, even though I do think about it, alot.

It's mainly because I'm too scared to commit sucide. What if you had second thoughts halfway through it? And what if you try to and fail, and just make your life even worse? And I couldn't hurt my family even though I can't see how they could be disappointed if I died. If I was them I'd want me out of my life. If you get what I'm saying :S

But if life keeps on goig on how it is for me then I will consider suicide. All I do is eat/sleep/watch tv/computer/school. And most of those things should be enjoyable, like school, but I don't enjoy it at all because of my skin. After 3 years, people still seem to think I am unaware of my acne. They CONSTANTLY tell me I have an extra big one on my chin or whatever, and are always recommending stuff that doesn't work.

Gah. Sorry for such a long and boring reply. This site is the only place I can talk about how much I loath life.

I wish the sun would hurry up and blow up already.

Yes, life is worth it. No matter your situation, life is ALWAYS worth it!

I know it sounds cheesy, but no matter your age, the world provides shining opportunities for happiness. The first step is to understand and accept that you have acne. For better or worse, you have it. It might go away in a week, a month, or a year...you won't always have it. Yes, there are the few who have it, in some form, their entire life...but for the most part, you will 'grow out' of it. It's a scientific fact.

Second, if you are stuck in a life of monotony, figure out ways in which to change your situation. It may seem hopeless, but just take up a new hobby. Join a new club or organization if possible, find others like-minded. There really are a lot of kind people in the world, and many who want to share their optimisim. I understand that the world can be a slightly depressing place at times, but there is so much to live for.

Travel to a place you haven't been before, talk to that one person you've always wanted to but have felt too shy, join that organization that interests you...explore the world. Through physical movement, reading, movies, other people.

Just live, and you'll find out that the world holds a lot of tiny gold nuggets of happiness.

I am going to tell you a story about a very good friend of mine.

He is just a regular guy but I can't help but admire him.

He doesn't suffer from acne or anything like that. He has a good life, great job and he had a beautiful family. However one day his 3 kids were on holiday with their mother. They were in a very bad car accident which exploded. The explosion killed the mother, his friend and his 3 kids.

He also has a Kidney that is slowly killing him. It can't clean his blood, he has to take medication everyday , have regular hospital visits to clean his blood and he has to accept the fact that one day is kidney could fail in his sleep and he just wont wake up. That is a very real possiblity for him.

However my friend goes to work everyday, does charity work, donates money to all kinds of chairties, has a girlfriend in New York, he has to fly out to see her every few months. He is hardly ever in a bad mood.

My point is my friend knows his life could end at any second so he chooses to live.

Always remember there is always someone worse off than you. I know what you are going through is soo hard to deal with right now because I have been there. However just remember it could be a lot worse.

So yes life is worth living but you have to choose life and not give up. My friend is so Insprirational to me. I make sure that I don't feel depressed out of resepct that he has had it far harder in life than I have had.

I hope this helps you.

hey i know you feel. im Dat btw. im 20 right now but when i was 17-18 i was feeling that way too. Acne wasnt the cause for the feeling but it definitely affect it. Acne kinda change me as a person especially when i was 17-18. i can tell you this though, life becomes much more enjoyable and happier after those few years. i finally start noticing the change in me from bad to good about a few months ago. you began to feel happier and enjoy the little things that make life so beautiful. so i say, hang in there. its just a test or something that every individual takes to find the true meaning of themselves. Life is beautiful but every interesting at the same time so you have to tough it out.

You will be stronger as an individual after this, i promise =)

i like the topics your putting out. it was like my situation about 1-2 years ago!

One of the little suckers landed splat in front of me, facing me, stunned. It seemed confused for a second, then I could see its head twitching back and forth, staring from me to its escape route, and back at me. For some reason, by some odd workings of the universe, as these things happen, this little tree frog decided to hop at me instead of making his escape. Landed right on my sweater, and just hung out for a while. I couldn't believe it, I burst out laughing, forgetting the pity I was feeling for myself, forgetting all the anxiety and stress and regrets, just enjoying for the moment the fact that this little creature felt the need to make contact with me at that particular moment in time, just when I was at the end of my wits. I can't even explain the feeling.

These, in my opinion, are the moments worth living for. :D

Hang in there, life is full of surprises

This post was awesome, I think we all have those moments when we're so stressed out we just start laughing or smiling at something small, or for no reason at all.

The frog thing definately needs to be in a movie or something, I could see it working.

I've had two friends commit suicide, the most recent one just last year. For them, I guess the answer was "No," but for me, when I think back on all the ways they could have gotten help, I always think "It could have gotten better."

I miss them. I really miss Becky. She was 39, a mother of two small boys. We'd lived together for several months, and rarely does a day go by when I talk to her, when I say "I wish you could have seen this".

I don't know why she is dead and I am still alive (we both were in the program, drug addicts), and I don't know why she decided that life isn't worth it while I did.

All I know is that I miss her and that the best way to honor her memory is for me to live my life in the best way that I can today.

Is life worth it?

I wrote this about a week after I'd gotten the news of Becky's death.

"Jan. 24th, 2007

Life. Living. It's worth it.

I began to cry out of something that felt like relief. I don't think I'd been so low as to question the validity of living, but rather I had been so wrapped up in her death that I'd forgotten what all of this leads to.

And it leads to life. It leads to all of me and all of everything that I love and hate and rejoice and fear. The simple fact of my being alive to mourn her is more precious, more fragile, more astounding and awing than I know how to say."

My answer is yes.

Life is but a petty trifle! But dont kill your self! No! For you shall disspoint those who love you! Wait till they are dead then reconsider! Yes! Forgive me for my scoundrel intrigue.

No, I don't think life is worth it, for me anyway. But I'm not going to commit suicide, even though I do think about it, alot.

It's mainly because I'm too scared to commit sucide. What if you had second thoughts halfway through it? And what if you try to and fail, and just make your life even worse? And I couldn't hurt my family even though I can't see how they could be disappointed if I died. If I was them I'd want me out of my life. If you get what I'm saying :S

But if life keeps on goig on how it is for me then I will consider suicide. All I do is eat/sleep/watch tv/computer/school. And most of those things should be enjoyable, like school, but I don't enjoy it at all because of my skin. After 3 years, people still seem to think I am unaware of my acne. They CONSTANTLY tell me I have an extra big one on my chin or whatever, and are always recommending stuff that doesn't work.

Gah. Sorry for such a long and boring reply. This site is the only place I can talk about how much I loath life.

I wish the sun would hurry up and blow up already.

Porcepine, you're depressed, that is why you feel this way. I have had these thoughts before around that age and so have ALOT of other people trust me. you need to tell your family how you have been feeling and so see your family doctor to get anti-depressants. life does suck sometimes...actually alot of times, but you will later realise when you get older that the good things surpass the bad things. but you need to talk to your parents ok?

Tired of hearing "coward's way out" and shit. If someone's life is so painful that they'd rather the alternative, a permanent ending, I respect their choice.

This just in: living for the guilt of others is not a healthy way to live at all.

Unfortunately, for many, suicide is merely a symptom of a true problem, but after that it can't be fixed, and in those cases it's a shame when those people don't seek help.

I've been there before and I may find myself there again someday. So be it.

Whats after life ? Life is everything.

Word.

Life is crazy journey that you go through,

Better enjoy all the good times, you get out of it.

You only get One Life. Live to Enjoy!!!

life is what you make of it, its really that simple

and life goes by the day, because every day you get older, and are 1 step closer to death, so why speed up the progress? its the limits in this life that make it beautifull.

only 1 thing in life is for sure: death, wether you were succesfull in life or not, when you die than thats just it, there wont be no beautifull afterlife, what would be the reason for making a good living if the perfect life comes next?

For me, personally, night makes every fleeting bad thought exacerbated. I've found myself dwelling on all kinds of troubling thoughts at this time--fear of the future, fear of going to college, fear of my family leaving me, fear that I'm missing out on my youth and inner romantic by letting my shyness and insecurites prevent me from having ever kissed, held hands or even hugged a boy romantically in my life, despite having been given plenty of opportunities... they can really depress me. And that's not even grazing the top of all the things I can think about. Over-thinking things is by far one of my biggest downfalls.

But you just can't let those thoughts get to you. Last night, for example, was wonderful--you know those times where you're so giddy that if a bug crawled on you you'd scream at the top of your lungs, just from all of the excitement and adrenaline coursing through your veins to make you react from the slightest touch in an outrageous fashion? Well, it sounds a little weird, but that's how I felt... no negative thoughts for me. :D

My point is, anyway, don't dwell on the negative, because the positive far outweighs it. Things are NEVER as bad as they seem.

Sweet Pea, this is, in essence, the beauty of competing in a SPORT.

As a track athlete myself i can't wait to just explode out of the starting line time and time again and just damn compete! You all who are thinking about committing suicide need to start a sport, whether good enough to be on the school team or just a recreational one. Adrenaline stave's of depression and exercise makes you feel good.