Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sometimes I feel as if its not. Its not my acne, its just everything in general I just don't think life is worth it sometimes I don't want it anymore I feel like I want to kill myself the only thing stopping me is messing up, I tried once messed up don't want to do it again.

there really is nothing after life, you only get one stint here on earth so why end it? if its to end the pain, well you wont exist anymore to see the benefits of ending the pain will you?

I think it is. I want to grow old with my family, make fun of how awkward my brothers used to be, fall in love with someone, be kissed, have kids. I want to have a career, hold a hard-earned pay check in my hands, even if it's (depressingly) measly. I want to drag my partner out Christmas shopping and live in my own house. Even if your list differs greatly from mine, there are so many little things to look forward to. If you continue to love the people who love you, there has to be something to live for.

Then again, I'm in an unusually good mood, so forget everything I say.

I think it is. I want to grow old with my family, make fun of how awkward my brothers used to be, fall in love with someone, be kissed, have kids. I want to have a career, hold a hard-earned pay check in my hands, even if it's (depressingly) measly. I want to drag my partner out Christmas shopping and live in my own house. Even if your list differs greatly from mine, there are so many little things to look forward to. If you continue to love the people who love you, there has to be something to live for.

Then again, I'm in an unusually good mood, so forget everything I say.

So true. Yet i keep letting acne get me down, even though there isn't a single thing in that list that can't be done with acne (wow, had to read that sentence twice to make sure it said what i meant it to say).

Silly, isn't it?

That's a really nice post!

Even though I don't like to subscribe to being nihilistic, if there really is only one life then there is no point in ending it so prematurely. Especially when you have things like those above to look forward to. :)

there really is nothing after life, you only get one stint here on earth so why end it? if its to end the pain, well you wont exist anymore to see the benefits of ending the pain will you?

Life sucks......Then you die.

Thats what it all comes down to.

Wrongggggggggg. You've been conditioned ever since you were born to accept certain belief systems about life and reality. You're given the options of, this is all there is science "lifes a bitch and then you die" and thats it, or you have the choice to believe in some deity to worship so you can go to heaven and blah blah. Much much more to life then that. When you leave this reality, its not game over.

i've been depressed for almost a year a few years ago, then i realized i was over-reacting.

sure, i had lost my mom to ALS(what a horrible way to go, i hope no one EVER gets this disease), but it was never my fault, even though i felt like it was.

i still blame myself for not being with her when she passed away, but i know she loved me.

but i know she's still with me in my heart and in her watercolors, oil pastels, her calligraphy sets, etc etc ( she loved to paint and i do too; now i paint for her).

painting pictures for her really helps me deal with pain, maybe that's all you need.

i felt like i wanted to die, but then i realized how it's so not even worth it.

suicide is selfish.

i agree that life sucks at time, but you just have to grin and bear it.

it WILL get better if you want it to.

life too beautiful of a gift to waste.

It is not this life, and then it is all over, you had to be given this life from somewhere. Life comes from somewhere.

Deadbeat 007 is right when she says it's the little things that are important because it is - when you look at the world as a whole it is a horrible place, and we all have to deal with [email protected] every single day (aside from acne) but then one small thing can be enough to lift you. Suicide is selfish, I know families that have been destroyed by the suicide of one person, I bet you have no idea of the number of people who love you and would truly be torn apart if you hurt yourself.

Treasure the little things in life, focus on what you like and what makes you smile and blow everything else. If you're doing something that doesnt make you happy then don't do it, if you're in a job that makes you miserable then change it, if you hang with people that are not kind to you then get away from them they're not worth it. Some people just aren't good for you and your welbeing so don't give them your precious time - glad you've come on here to talk instead of just going off on your own tho, it's a big thing to admit to, having these feelings, so you're halfway there ;)

You need to seek professional help. This is no joke.

You are probably a teenager, the teen years are the worst!! This is especially so if you feel like you don't fit in.

Is there nothing that you want to do however small? See the Eiffel Tower, buy an expensive pair of shoes, see the sunrise on the beach? Heck, don't you want to see next week's episode of South Park? There are so many things I want to do, most of which are stupid and silly.

Even if my life sucks in many ways, I'm going to do what I can to have fun and make the best of it.

You have to be a fighter, you need to be more resilient and positive. Life is hard in many ways regardless of acne, but there s much beauty in it too. Life is worth living.

Everyone has been through this whole teenage phase. I attempted suicide once as a silly teenager and ended up in hospital for one excruciatingly painful week. Needless to say, i am utterly ashamed to admit that. In fact, growing up isn't meant to be easy. Acne is just the icing on the cake. I'm proud that i made it to adulthood without becoming bitter and resentful. Seriously, i think that all the crap we tend to feel boils down to acne somehow.

Its like you're having a wonderful day. The hottest guy in the world asked you out on a date. You smile to yourself all the way home and then happen to glance into the mirror. Then suddenly, the magic dies and you scramble to cancel the date.

That happened alot to me as a teenager. I was asked out alot but didn't have the confidence to follow through with any date. Now i look back and regret it, because i didn't really live life.

Funny thing is, i saw myself as hideous with acne and scars and what not but somehow those guys who asked me out hardly saw it.

I think we're our own worst enemies. I read abt young pple who commit suicide in the papers all the time and feel really sad because they let their problems overwhelm them. I think suicide is the easy way out. Its a cowards way out. The real heroes are those who live life to the fullest despite the problems and difficulties they face. Those who take every opportunity to laugh and find humor in the most impossible situations.

So look up and step out of the well. If you really look hard enough, you can see beyond your problems and beyond your immediate surroundings and see all the opportunities that life has to offer. Being happy is a choice.

Tonight was a terrible night for me. Hell, it's been a terrible week, month, seven years. Anxiety and depression through the roof about all the things I see wrong with my life, thinking about running away (I live on my own, sadly I'd only be running from myself), taking xanax just to get through these days without bursting into frantic tears, etc. I just spent the last 3 hours sitting outside in the rain under a tree, feeling like I'm losing my mind, convinced that I've already wasted too much time to make up for, all the while being observed by some patrolling night cop on his bike, keeping a safe distance away from this seemingly hysterical, bawling girl (but staying just close enough to make sure I was safe and basically ok; sometimes I really do appreciate those cops :pray: ). Well, like I said, it was raining, and after a particularly strong gust of wind... Frogs. Tree frogs. Falling out of the tree I was sitting under and landing all around me with splats. (no tree frogs were injured, but I think they were all just very surprised, as was I). One of the little suckers landed splat in front of me, facing me, stunned. It seemed confused for a second, then I could see its head twitching back and forth, staring from me to its escape route, and back at me. For some reason, by some odd workings of the universe, as these things happen, this little tree frog decided to hop at me instead of making his escape. Landed right on my sweater, and just hung out for a while. I couldn't believe it, I burst out laughing, forgetting the pity I was feeling for myself, forgetting all the anxiety and stress and regrets, just enjoying for the moment the fact that this little creature felt the need to make contact with me at that particular moment in time, just when I was at the end of my wits. I can't even explain the feeling.

These, in my opinion, are the moments worth living for. :D

Hang in there, life is full of surprises

did all that really happen, or was that just to make a point??

Is that directed at my frog encounter? I shit you not, my friend, that is 100% the truth. Trust me, I couldn't believe it either. But who's to say why? Everything happens for a reason :)

But it is so strange how such trivial things as frogs falling out of trees can really turn a mood around. :whistle:

did all that really happen, or was that just to make a point??

Is that directed at my frog encounter? I shit you not, my friend, that is 100% the truth. Trust me, I couldn't believe it either. But who's to say why? Everything happens for a reason :)

But it is so strange how such trivial things as frogs falling out of trees can really turn a mood around. :whistle:

Those are exactly the little things worth living for that I am talking about - we can't all be supermodels, or golf pro's, or rock stars and life can often seem like one huge disappointment - my teenage years were awful and it wasn't all due to acne, but I wish I could go back and shake that girl I used to be and tell her that none of the crap I worried about mattered cos it really doesn't, and whatever goes wrong time is a great healer. Life will deal us crap but we have to just deal with those and get on with it and then focus on the good things, on things that do make us smile. When I'm miserable all I have to do is look at my little dog, she always makes me laugh :)

I'd have to say I've wondered whether it was worth it to go on living before myself, and I guess there was a time when it wasn't to me and I almost took my life but didn't, and I'm glad I didn't even though I'm STILL depressed and STILL bitter that my life hasn't turned out how I once envisioned when I was a kid growing up. Life's a trip. Just this morning I got to thinking how I don't feel like I have a purpose, like I'm just existing. But one thing I never forget is that it's not up to me when it's my time to go. I lost my friend/neighbor earlier this summer to a very rare blood disorder. He went from healthy to dead in about a week, unexpectedly. And he was doing good things with his life; coaching, helping out with the youth, working on his master's degree. And saddest of all he was only 23. He wasn't into drugs like I've been, didn't drive around drunk like I did for years, he was a good guy. Hard to understand. Made me realize how quickly life can come to an end for any one of us. Then last month a girl I went to school with took her own life. All I know is no matter how bad I just want to escape once and for all sometimes, I always remember I didn't put myself here and I'm not gonna take myself from here. Even though I tend to lack love for myself and my life, there are people who love me like my family and friends and ultimately God, and as someone else already posted, it's them who we hurt most through taking our lives. I couldn't imagine dealing with my family or a close friend committing suicide. And I don't want to put my family or friends in that position with me.

Suicide is a very selfish act.

So your life sucks, but its not all about you.

I'm not trying to minimize your pain, it's very real.

However, there's a lot you can do with your life to bring joy and happiness to the world, if not for yourself then for others.

You want help with your suffering, but what are you doing to hep others that are going through tough times?

By helping others you might learn to help yourself.

There's been times when ive cried myself to sleep over acne, but then i stop and think that there are so many people worse off in the world than me; some are sick, some are starving, and then it makes my problems seem so insignificant in comparison. I actually feel lucky that my biggest problem is acne and not a worse illness. (I know it sound cliche but its true)

Plus think about the fact that underneath it all, VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE PERFECT SKIN. Some of my girlfriends who i thought had perfect skin, underneath the make up they're not as flawless as u'd think.

Yes it is. After all, looks are so fleeting, so why should they matter?

You see, I've been dealing with the same feelings as you guys have been; I have a case of BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder)...now I don't want to diagnose you because obviously I'm not a doctor, but I would definitely recommend seeking therapy. I don't know what you look like, maybe you do have "bad" acne. But even if that were the case, it shouldn't ever make you feel so down that you want to kill yourself!

With BDD, I am constantly worrying about my looks and minor physical flaws. I spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about it, and the obsessive thoughts get in the way of my activities often. I would miss class because I was too busy putting on medication and moisturizer in the morning. I didn't realize it was such a problem until I was feeling more oppressed by the thoughts interrupting my daily activities than whatever piece of reality was left in my self-image!

Luckily, I have been recovering for the past couple of months with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and an SSRI (Luvox)...it has taken some time and my life is still quite hard, but I have improved drastically since the summer. While depression and body-image concerns like eating disorders and BDD are not to be fooled around with, they are thankfully very treatable.

If this doesn't get you to realize quite yet what kind of emotional burden you place on yourself, you may consider how stress contributes to acne flare-ups. It also increases oil-secretion - an important factor for people with skin like mine. You might want to use that to motivate yourself towards feeling better. And what about the prospect for the future? If you commit suicide, this would totally eliminate any possibility of happiness or clear skin or anything. Really though, while this board is intended to help those with acne, you might want to take a break and try and fill your mind with something else. The more you put your mind on a pinpoint of negative information, the more you will be in pain.

Best of luck...

if your dragging yourself thru life and spending all your time hiding from people or being ridiculed by people, then smoke yourself...even when your dead and in the casket ppl will cringe at touching or kissing your fucked up face...i thought about that once, "what if when i off myself my own mother wont want to touch my face cuz of my grotesque acne".....

if your dragging yourself thru life and spending all your time hiding from people or being ridiculed by people, then smoke yourself...even when your dead and in the casket ppl will cringe at touching or kissing your fucked up face...i thought about that once, "what if when i off myself my own mother wont want to touch my face cuz of my grotesque acne".....

To say that your own mother would cringe at the sight of your face, even after your untimely death, would say alot more about your mother than it would about your face, IMO. To the people that love you, acne is painful for them becuase it is painful for YOU. Acne is only skin deep, although the pain it causes is very real, both mentally and physically sometimes, and when you see someone you love in pain, do you not pain for them too? I know what it's like to be ridiculed by people, to hide from the world for weeks on end, not even leaving the house, ignoring the phone, not leaving my bed for days at a time, but in the end, did any of those people mean anything to me? NO. Do any of those people that tormented me even remember me now? NO. It's your family, and your friends, that matter in the end, and if you off yourself, the pain you leave behind for these people will be something far greater than the pain of having acne, no matter how severe. During my worst years, these are the thoughts that kept me level, and helped keep suicide thoughts in check.

As it would seem, we already have so many elements in the world working against us. Ignorant people, bad skin, bad economy, global warming, empty wallets, incurable disease, world hunger, genocide, WHATEVER. But do we have to be self-destructive as well?

~Lisa