Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

I had dermaroller done by Dr Chu

I had dermaroller done by Dr Chu on 8/10/08 and he is using a different dermaroller to the one he used on me in may 08,he told me the smaller dermaroller moves better across the face when going the treatment.

I am 99% sure this is the dermaroller he is using now as i only saw it for a few seconds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3-LINE-DR-ROLLER-1...id=p3911.c0.m14

I had dermaroller done by Dr Chu on 8/10/08 and he is using a different dermaroller to the one he used on me in may 08,he told me the smaller dermaroller moves better across the face when going the treatment.

I am 99% sure this is the dermaroller he is using now as i only saw it for a few seconds.

Sam-

Would it be possible for you to email or contact Dr Chu to confirm this?

And do you happen to know if these particular rollers are one time use only?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info homeslice, but could you describe in the most possible detail how Doc Chu performs the needling session? like for instance...up and down, side to side , east to west etc etc. Thanks again :D

Ive email Dr Chu to see if this is the roller he used on me,i'll let you know once i get a reply.

The roller can be used about 8 time he said because they are self sterilizing needles on the dermaroller.

Jaxin,he rolls the roller herizontal,vertical and across (2 o'clock to 8 o'clock),im not sure about if Dr Chu used it cross ways on me but you are supposed to use is cross ways.Do a google and you will find the right ways to do it,the roller is called a "Sell 3 line".

Hi there

Could you tell us what products Dr Chu used before and after the Dermaroller session?

And could you update us on your progress?

Good Luck

Sam, great post. What kind of results can you expect doing this?? I'm a realistic guy who understands theres no miracle cures but any improvement is a plus. Theres tons of these on ebay at great prices. I'm thinking I could get some results at a dirt cheap price compared to paying to get this done. I appreciate your thoughts on this. anybody's thoughts are welcome also.

Dr chu uses a numbing cream called Emla cream he leaves it on the face for 45 to 60 mins,but the longer the better to numb the face then he wipes it off with a tissue and starts to dermaroller your face,once he's finished the nurse puts ice packs on your face to keep the swelling down.After this is done she uses a liquid solution to clean the blood off then your done.

Ive had the dermaroller done twice by Chu and i have one myself as well.The results are nothing to shout about but its helping,it isn't a quick fix but a very slow process and it my take time before im happy again.

It is very painful when doing the dermaroller thats why they use the numbing cream.No pain no gain

Dr chu uses a numbing cream called Emla cream he leaves it on the face for 45 to 60 mins,but the longer the better to numb the face then he wipes it off with a tissue and starts to dermaroller your face,once he's finished the nurse puts ice packs on your face to keep the swelling down.After this is done she uses a liquid solution to clean the blood off then your done.

Ive had the dermaroller done twice by Chu and i have one myself as well.The results are nothing to shout about but its helping,it isn't a quick fix but a very slow process and it my take time before im happy again.

It is very painful when doing the dermaroller thats why they use the numbing cream.No pain no gain

Sam,

So the steps taken to do the procedure is:

1) Apply Elma cream for 45-60 min

2) Dermarolling starts immediately?

3) Apply ice pack to reduce swelling

4) Disinfect the area? Do you know what is recommended for cleaning?

5) Is there any recommended creams to apply now? such as vitamin C or somthing?

Thanks

I use distilled witch hazel to clean my face after dermarolling or cetaphil soap and water then i put Retin-a 0.05% cream on.

Lamarr1986 uses Terproline,its a collagen boosting cream which he puts on is face after dermarolling it.

I've done a fair amount of research on derma rolling. However, I haven't found an answer to the following question;

When rolling multiple times in a certain path, i.e vertically, are you supposed to roll in just one direction, such as north to south, picking up the roller off of the skin at the end of the stroke? Or are you supposed to roll "back and forth", with the roller in constant contact with the skin, thereby creating both north to south and south to north strokes?

I've done a fair amount of research on derma rolling. However, I haven't found an answer to the following question;

When rolling multiple times in a certain path, i.e vertically, are you supposed to roll in just one direction, such as north to south, picking up the roller off of the skin at the end of the stroke? Or are you supposed to roll "back and forth", with the roller in constant contact with the skin, thereby creating both north to south and south to north strokes?

If you youtube dermarolling, there should be some videos demonstrating how its performed.

If you youtube dermarolling, there should be some videos demonstrating how its performed.

That is good advice. It's very cool how youtube has helped people with instructional videos, which can often times be so much more helpful than just text.

I've actually viewed all of the rolling videos I could find on youtube, but I still can't be certain if they are going back and forth. If I had to guess, I'd say no.

Sam-

Can you remember how Dr Chu performed the rolling?

Dr Chu goes up and down, then side to side. He doesn't do a diaganal pass.

I just wanted to add that i have over the last few months been using an amber LED array aswell as the red and infra red. Results are even more impressive...

I honestly believe people with even borderline severe scarring in combination with dermarolling, terproline and light therapy you can really get some amazing improvements.

People just need to do their research...

Lesta,Dr Chu goes up and down and side to side,i don't think he goes diagonal.

I'm disappointed with Dr Chu because he as never told me about this terproline cream he's advises ppl to use after dermarolling.He knows how i feel about the scarring but he hasn't told me about this cream,maybe its because I'm an NHS patient and not a private patient.Obviously money is the goal when it comes to treating different patients.

Where did you get the amber LED array from lamar and check that link out about terproline professional i have corrected it.

All my LED units come from a guy called the LED man. Google him for his website. Very good customer service and products, reasonable pricing aswell.

Dr Chu probably didn't tell you about the product for two reasons, one its price and two he doesn't want to be seen as advertising products. If you ask him for a topical to aid collagen production he would then recommend it.

He is not out to make money atall, he is very pasionate about his work.

I disagree,if hes that passionate about his work then whats price and advertising got to do with it if helping a patient who is suicidal to correct is scarring.

I and everyone else here would pay whatever for this product,and the others you mentioned if they work as well as you say they do.

Lesta,Dr Chu goes up and down and side to side,i don't think he goes diagonal.

Sam-

I'm still a bit unclear.

So when Dr Chu rolls up, he immediately rolls back down along the same path without breaking contact between the roller and the skin (and does this multiple times)? In other words, he's not rolling up in one stroke, taking the roller off the skin, returning to the starting position and then rolling upwards again?

Sorry if I'm being dense. I just want to be sure, before I do this to myself.

Yes,he just keeps rolling up and down constantly without taking the roller of the skin,like when your painting a wall with a roller.

Don't worry no matter how you use the dermaroller it won't make your scars worse,just better.

Sam-

Are you certain Dr Chu uses the 1.5mm length as opposed to the 2.0mm?

Thanks in advance.

Hes using 1.5mm.

Dr Chu has used the 1.5mm on my forehead before but ive never had the roller done under my eyes,so i can't help you there.