Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mystifire

Are my red marks bad in pictures?

I have been dealing with acne for almost 3 years now. It has become a part of my life and I have gone through so many phases with it and done so many treatments. Accutane came eventually and it basically pushed me behind the curve so that acne is now manageable but still a real problem with my skin. My skin itself is also quite sensitive to red marks and I always get marks from old acne and have some that are months and months, even years, old. I use taz everyday and it manages my acne and has gradually improved my red marks but im sure i still have a long way to go before my skin is normal. Believe me when i tell you that I know I have hyperpigmented skin and can notice it in the mirror all the time. But it really is not THAT bad. Nonetheless it has always bothered me and I have avoided pictures for 2 years now. I just go a new camera, however, and want to stop avoiding myself. I took pictures of myself just now.. in bad dorm room light... right after i put on taz so im flushed/red.. just to see how bad i would come out. I can see where my skin is marked all the time but i have a distorted view of myself, its not the same as how everyone else sees me. So please be honest, is it noticeable that i have bad skin in these pictures?

http://img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=101008031jo7.jpg

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=101008032sb9.jpg

You definitely have a distorted view of yourself.

Your skin is GORGEOUS. Fresh, glowy, the most minute imperfections.

Either you have body dysmorphic disorder or you're taking the piss and trying to make the rest of us feel bad. Why do you have pictures of other people with severe acne up there?

dude, ur redmarks are fucking gross!!...get some shit for that shit .. srsly ..

Wow, your skin is flawless... :whistle:

totally agree . i think all of us think our skin is SO bad , but other people see it much better than we do . ps; your very goodlooking .

Damn, you're pretty cute! :wub: No, I cannot see any marks on your skin... maybe slight redness? But I know how you feel. I have these medium sized brown marks that are JUST going away, but you cannot see them at all under my makeup or in photos. But don't worry, your skin is NICE!

Stop doing shit like this for attention.

Seriously, I can't see even one red mark. It's kind of obvious this guy is fishing for compliments. He has absolutely NOTHING red-mark related, no matter how hard you look.

yeah I can't see anything at all...red marks are hard to capture on camera but I can't imagine that you have anything noticeable even close up.

On another note, I'm not blaming the original poster specifically, but haven't you guys noticed that 95% of the people on this site that post a picture asking for feedback have very mild or nonexistent problems? I know that sometimes people have distorted views of themselves, but it makes other people here who actually have acne or serious scars feel bad! Well at least it makes me feel bad and I don't even have major problems at this point...It's kind of uncool...

I find the "How bad is it?" or "What should I do?" posts to all be pretty annoying. Check out the message boards, look at the product reviews, read everything there is to read on here and if you still haven't found what you're looking for then make a new post. And anyone who just needs a confidence boost, save it. We all do. Go to the emotional effects board and let us know how you feel. That's what it's there for. Don't post pictures of nonexistant problems and expect everyone to fawn over you. It's rude and inconsiderate to those of us with actual problems and I don't approve. Sorry to the original poster, this isn't just meant for you. Though, as someone who has red marks and plenty of them I was more than a little miffed that you had the nerve to make this post.

why are you even on this board you dont even have acne whats wrong with you.

I find the "How bad is it?" or "What should I do?" posts to all be pretty annoying. Check out the message boards, look at the product reviews, read everything there is to read on here and if you still haven't found what you're looking for then make a new post. And anyone who just needs a confidence boost, save it. We all do. Go to the emotional effects board and let us know how you feel. That's what it's there for. Don't post pictures of nonexistant problems and expect everyone to fawn over you. It's rude and inconsiderate to those of us with actual problems and I don't approve. Sorry to the original poster, this isn't just meant for you. Though, as someone who has red marks and plenty of them I was more than a little miffed that you had the nerve to make this post.

seconded...

u are a faggot. u dont have acne or marks... u do look like shit tho :)

plz dont put topics up when other ppl actually have to deal with redmarks and scars