Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaara

Is soy milk really OK?

A few months ago I gave up dairy, and switched to soy milk. My skin hasn't cleared up at all. My Dad is convinced that the soy milk is the problem, and I should stop drinking it for a while.

Apparently he read lots of articles about people whose skin had gotten worse from drinking soy milk. But I have seen so many that say switching to soy milk cleared them up!

I'm so confused...

What do you guys think?

Soy milk can block dht which in theory should help acne. However theres always the factor that soy personally for you is bad. Hmm it might not be the soy but the sugar content in it.

you live in japan? so cool, lol.

dunno but I been eating many Ezekiel breads or english muffin , and my skin getting better..

it has soybeans... , I did tried Unsweetened soymilk with ezekiel cereal , no break out

but gives me gas. :(:( so i had to stop

i can eat ezekiel breads or muffin but not to much.. or my room will smell bad. :X

soy contains phytoestrogens which mess with your hormones. soymilk is also highly processed and often contains a good amount of sugar. you should generally try to eat things that are in their natural state, and soy milk definitely is not.

Thanks for the info guys! I'm gonna lay off the soy milk for a while and see if anything happens :)

ps - Yah I teach English in Japan, but I'm thinking about going home to Canada cause my skin is so bad right now and I really want to go see a derm :(