Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
megaman125

Screw the acne, I have a life

This is a pretty big issue for me I must say....like someone else said it's very frustrating to go out and not see anyone else with acne. I'd say MOST of the time and most places I go I'm the only one I see with acne or at least as bad as I have it. It's kinda hard to be comfortable like that regardless of whether someone says anything about it or not, you know they see it and you know it doesn't look good. When people tell me I look good I'd have to say I'm pretty sure they're just trying to be nice unless I know my skin's pretty clear which is about never. I can't describe how uncomfortable I am in certain light, mainly glowing sunlight through a window or wherever, it just completely magnifies the acne and if I'm with a bunch of people with clear skin it just feels terrible I can't stand it. I know someone said to just get over it/don't focus on it or whatever but that's much easier said than done...my sister was telling me yesterday "people don't care"/"it's not that bad" etc. but her reaction when I showed her my upper back told me otherwise. I seriously think my life would be different and I'd be a different type of person if I didn't have acne.

This is a pretty big issue for me I must say....like someone else said it's very frustrating to go out and not see anyone else with acne. I'd say MOST of the time and most places I go I'm the only one I see with acne or at least as bad as I have it. It's kinda hard to be comfortable like that regardless of whether someone says anything about it or not, you know they see it and you know it doesn't look good. When people tell me I look good I'd have to say I'm pretty sure they're just trying to be nice unless I know my skin's pretty clear which is about never. I can't describe how uncomfortable I am in certain light, mainly glowing sunlight through a window or wherever, it just completely magnifies the acne and if I'm with a bunch of people with clear skin it just feels terrible I can't stand it. I know someone said to just get over it/don't focus on it or whatever but that's much easier said than done...my sister was telling me yesterday "people don't care"/"it's not that bad" etc. but her reaction when I showed her my upper back told me otherwise. I seriously think my life would be different and I'd be a different type of person if I didn't have acne.

I know what you're talking about. I was nervous like hell taking my shirt off and going in the pool. Trust me though, once you actually do it, it becomes a lot easier. You can sit there and keep saying that it's easier said then done, but to me, it's harder sitting around worrying about it and thinking about it than it is to actually go out and do it.

Also, have you considered the possibility that your friends really don't care what your skin looks like?

yeah you know you're kinda right that it gets easier cause I remember gettin over it last year and goin to the beach and I had a great time except for still worrying what people where thinking about my acne, and when I say "people" I mean girls, cause like you said, my friends really DON'T care what my skin looks like or at least they're not gonna not hang out with me cause of it, but when it comes to girls I'm attracted to.....different story. I just can't help but think that as soon as I turn my back and they see my horrible acne marks or see my neck all bumpy and what not, there's no way they'll be attracted to me....sure they might not say "ew go away you have zits on your neck" but I doubt they're going to consider me as more than a friend. I might be taking this in a different direction but yeah that's how it is.

I know what you're talking about. I was nervous like hell taking my shirt off and going in the pool. Trust me though, once you actually do it, it becomes a lot easier. You can sit there and keep saying that it's easier said then done, but to me, it's harder sitting around worrying about it and thinking about it than it is to actually go out and do it.

Also, have you considered the possibility that your friends really don't care what your skin looks like?

"Go out and have fun. Don't let acne hold you back. "

Sorry buddy, that's not going to happen. Going out and facing the world is like flirting with death.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DESERVE THAT HAPPINESS! go get it and bring it to others..

show people the way!! dont give up.. dont ever give up

I'm so happy that you took the opportunity to jump right in!

With that attitude, nothing can stop you from living to the fullest.

I have been dealing with acne for 7 years now, but this year is different. We have a lot of new freshmen in my dorm this year, and they're all really cool to me. For the first time, I feel that I have a group of close friends. I used to just sit alone in my room all the time and play video games. But now, I can't find time to play video games that much. I just bought a new game 2 weeks ago and have only played it for an hour and a half.

Today was even better. For the first time in 7 years, I went in a swimming pool with my friends, and without a shirt on either (I've got bad body acne too). None of my friends said anything, and once I jumped in the pool, any and all embarrassment vanished. I also used the diving board for the first time in my life, and it was awesome. I had so much fun, I jumped off the diving board like 20 times, and now I can't wait to go swimming again.

Did my acne change? No. Do I care? No. My advice to everyone: just go out and have fun. Don't let acne hold you back.

(cookie to anyone who gets the reference in the topic title)

Good for you dude, good attitude.

However was it really your acne holding u back? Or was it just that you never had a really tight group of friends before? I mean u still have acne? What is different? I think the confidence was there within you, it just need to come out.

All the best.

I would love to be that strong but it is very hard when you go to school and there is some assehole in my year with perfect skin who tries to act cool and occasionaly says stuff like 'get clearasil' or 'learn to wash properly' When stupid ignorant people say stuff like this it annoys me and i just hope one day he gets acne.

Good for you dude, good attitude.

However was it really your acne holding u back? Or was it just that you never had a really tight group of friends before? I mean u still have acne? What is different? I think the confidence was there within you, it just need to come out.

All the best.

I guess it was kinda a mixture of both. I've never really had a lot of close friends, but even then I was still hesitant to go swimming with them the first few times they offered. I do think having close friends gave me a confidence boost.

Uhh its not that simple... And I'll tell you exactly Why...

MY OILY SKIN REMINDS ME 24/7 THAT I HAVE ACNE!!!

It is so uncomfortable to have all that oil on my face...

I swear to God that if my face was not oily... and I just had pimples I would not Care AT ALL.

The oil makes your face and the pimples on them look so nasty and it makes you feel nasty...

I hate acne because how it makes me feel and the way I feel reacts how I act and how I interact.... If Im not feeling comfortable I won't act comfortable see what Im saying???

I honestly don't care if I have acne. but the oil just makes everything worse and pretty much unbearable. Your face feels so disgusting. As the night progresses, it just keeps accumulating and looks even worse when you blot since they seep back through the pores and it looks like you have little droplets all over your face.

Glad someone else has come to the realization that the people around you really do not care about your acne status.

Cookie to you! :dance: