Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneLoveLetsGetTogether

A question for you salad lovers

Ok...I LOVE caesar salad. However, I'm not exactly sure if its really good for acne. I know that its not necessarily healthy, but as far as my caesar salads go, the ingredients contain:

Coddled egg yolk (pretty much just a raw egg yolk)

Anchovy Filet (sardines sometimes too, I get em outta the can and put em in a drainer thing, wash them real well to get all that stuff off that is in the can and then crush em up)

Pinch of sea salt

A TON of extra virgin olive oil, 6 table spoons

4 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese (the only thing I see wrong in this recipe)

3 drops Worcestershire sauce

2 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or if I aint got lemons then I use bottled)

Sometimes I throw croutons on, optional for me

I drizzle this sauce on top of a bunch of fresh Romaine Lettuce and it is damn good. I would eat one of these every day.

So, does anybody see anything wrong with this recipe? As in, is it likely to cause a breakout? I guess the only way to figure out is to test, but I just want some other opinions.

Thanks for your input rays12010

By the way you can add cucumbers and other veggies like spinach to this dish as well and it still tastes good, as well as adding healthy benefits (fiber from cucumbers, and we all know how healthy spinach is...)

Ok...I LOVE caesar salad. However, I'm not exactly sure if its really good for acne. I know that its not necessarily healthy, but as far as my caesar salads go, the ingredients contain:

Coddled egg yolk (pretty much just a raw egg yolk)

Anchovy Filet (sardines sometimes too, I get em outta the can and put em in a drainer thing, wash them real well to get all that stuff off that is in the can and then crush em up)

Pinch of sea salt

A TON of extra virgin olive oil, 6 table spoons

4 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese (the only thing I see wrong in this recipe)

3 drops Worcestershire sauce

2 Tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or if I aint got lemons then I use bottled)

Sometimes I throw croutons on, optional for me

I drizzle this sauce on top of a bunch of fresh Romaine Lettuce and it is damn good. I would eat one of these every day.

So, does anybody see anything wrong with this recipe? As in, is it likely to cause a breakout? I guess the only way to figure out is to test, but I just want some other opinions.

Eggs derive a lot of their calories from fat, a tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories of pure fat (not to mention all oils are almost completely stripped of all nutritional value), regular parmesan cheese is nearly 60% fat.

You are almost ingesting 1000 calories worth of fat from your salad. Almost all of the credible science out there suggests that your fat intake should be under 20% of your total calories, this percentage being a very conservative one.

I suggest that you look for a better salad dressing than olive oil. You can make a lot of nice ones with various fruits and a blender. The 6tbps of live oil are providing you with 720 empty calories.

To be honest I don't care about the fat haha, I have a great metabolism as it is. My problem is acne, so I dont care if I ingest 100000000000000 calories at a single sitting as long as it doesn't get worse, so, does fat cause acne? From what I gather it doesn't, so then this SHOULD be safe right? Or am I mistaken

bump

Btw to the previous response Olive Oil fat isn't bad for you. Too much of anything of course is bad, but don't mistake it for cholesterol, its actually extremely healthy. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (what I use) is very healthy, in fact it is listed as one of the healthiest foods in the world.