Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ScarsAsAWayOfLife

This is complete bullshit....when will our suffering end already ????

Hi guys this is my first post here, have made many friends here and meet many wonderful people here.

But I suffer every single day now....for the last 8 years...firstly from a severe acne...was on Accutane 2 times...but becuse I had severe cystic acne...the have left me with severe acne scars....

I don't even know why I am writing this online to a bunch of strangers really...but I think it has goten to a point that I have lost the will to life....I mean I just don't care anymore....for 8 years I haven't been able to look at any mirror and not feel severe depression.....I have been humilited so many times in my life becuse of acne and the scars...I can't tell you how much it hurts when I meet new people and look them in the eye while we are talking, and see ther eyes looking at my scars....or to hear passing children say " EIII...did you see his face....how discusting...." I don't know if the know but his hurts so much that I am crying while writing this and remebering it....and with the girls...well...they all say " ooo, you are such a nice guy...or you are such a great person....then they get other people for their boyfriends...I mean...come on...I so hate it when people say...o looks don't matter to me...it's the inner beuty that counts....yea right...but when they see a pretty guy....they drop their jhaws....even if he is an asshole and has no inner beuty...as long as he is beutiful.....

I mean I am trying so hard...why can't I get rid of acne already...I mean I started getting acne at the age of 12.... when I was 13...my face was already covered with acne....I did everything possible...I stoped eathing foods with sugers, stoped eating fried foods, stoped eating foods with lots of fats ( animal and vegetable fats )...

I mean it got to the point when I eat mostly vegetables and drank water... I mean I used every kind of possible products for skin...there almost isn't a product that I haven't tried....

And now with 20 years I had started getting severe acne again....

I mean...My childhood has been ripped from me...and from many members on this forum also....tell me what have I deserved to get this?In my life I haven't hurt anybody ( have been hurt myslef alooot in the past 8 years ) but I love people...I love animals...I love the world...

It's just that I don't want to have this acne scars anymore...I am so much more...I mean if inner beuty could be showed...I mean...sorry...am just wiping the tears from the keyboard...

The thing that angers me the most is how people comment this...I mean like ...if it bothers you that much than just fix them....I mean...how can they say that...we are doing everything humanly possible to get rid of acne and acne scars...and they will stay ther forever...reminding us...

I read so many articles about acne and acne scars, read all about the treatments as such...I just don know what kind of type of acne scaring I have...the are raised...on my forehead...I mean they aren't really hard...they are soft to the touch....with a bit of what I could discribe as a

...well...don't really know how to describe it really....Have serched the whole internet to fin somebody..in the world with such severe acne scaring and couldn't find it.....which in turn makes me more depressed since how do I know that I will get rid of them...and even if I would have lots of money ( which I don't have ) and would take and do the things like dermabrasions, chemical peels, subcisions....whihc would all take a couple of years to do...I mean my youth I have been battling with severe acne and scaring problems....when others hav been worrying if their girlfriend will like the shirt they have or what kind of an exam will it be....I reall am tired of everything already....

Sorry guys just needed to spill my thoughts somewhere before I do something I would regret...

Wish all of you the very best,

Wow....im so sorry honey and I do know how you feel I had acne when I was 13 too and had till I was 23 and im 24 now except I had bad acne and horible eczema!! OMG I thought about suicide alot but come on it really wasn't worth it and thank god I stuck it out cuz im acne free and eczema free now :) and I never ever thought I would be but I am and you will be too and it sucks that the world is so fixed on how a person looks it BS and im sorry you have to go through this but hang in there and don't give up you have lotsa friends on here and were all here to help you in anyway we can:)

Did the Accutane courses clear you up? I know it's easier to scar on Tane, but I personally think scars look good on guys. :P Once the acne is stopped, you won't have to worry about any new scarring. They also have laser treatments for these scars, if you haven't tried it. I know it's hard, but try to keep your chin up!

Hi fellow acne.org neighbor,

People like yourself is why I cannot live or function without this site to make me feel like i am not the only one....I had a very rough week with my skin, a lot worse than usual, and the other night I was thinking how it wouldn't be so bad if I never woke up the next day, or ever again. But then I thought the people that care about me would be devastated..and then i just kept on feeling like shit ..see, i have an obsessive compulsion of needing to have a pocket mirror with me at all times when I'm around people and I check my face probably about 50 times a day obsessively (are my pimples looking like they want to burst, are any protruding, getting bigger? is my makeup still covering my darker scars/marks?) ScarsAsaWayofLife, you are not alone! Even though we online here have varying degrees of acne severity, I personally have moderate acne, but its constant and hormonal/diet related and triggered. The effects of acne are the same, you feel ugly, less of a person, dirty, unkempt and naked no matter how much you dress up. like your stuck in a time zone where acne returns and heals up returns and heals again and the cycle continues...WHEN WILL ACNE JUST END AND LEAVE AND JUST DIE ALREADY? the frustartion is within all of us, but keep on keeping on, come on here for support, vent, read what other people are going through in their struggle with acne. You're free to laugh because a lot of ppl on here have fantastic senses of humor, cry, be shocked and surprised and amazed at the journey of our lives....and you keep on living because you've seen the worse and its going to get better for you I believe it.

with Blessings and understanding,

Monique

Did the Accutane courses clear you up? I know it's easier to scar on Tane, but I personally think scars look good on guys. :P Once the acne is stopped, you won't have to worry about any new scarring. They also have laser treatments for these scars, if you haven't tried it. I know it's hard, but try to keep your chin up!

yeah... i dnt think he's talking about the scar across the eyebrow or one perfectly lined scar across his cheek..

yeah... i dnt think he's talking about the scar across the eyebrow or one perfectly lined scar across his cheek..

Oh, I know that. ;] I'm talking about the average rolling scars one gets from cystic acne. I don't think it looks bad on most guys, but that's just me!

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts and support, I am so happy so find people like you...kind and understanding...Well I have just been battling with my acne and acne scars my whole life...it's a way of life for me...My scars are best described as raised scars...I have 3 just beetwen my forehead....and when I make any exprection ( like smiling or being made, the scars become more visible...I mean it becuse they are raised that they make such an ugly sight to behold...the are so un-natural that everybody who talks to me looks at them....does anyone here have any exp with raised ones, or what is the best way to heal them...??

I mean I have just had enough...since I wrote this post here...I had a complete meltdown of my nerves....I won't wait any longer...I want to get RiD of them NOW !!!! Every day I wait is just another day spent wondering if I will ever be able to look at myself in the mirror and smile, and will ever be able to show my true self.... Becuse I feel like every further day that I have them is another day robbed from me? I think many people can relate to this feelling...like the sands of time are running past us...I don't know how I will raise the money fro such expensive procedures....but I will do it....

Becuse I have had enough of the suffering...I want to be alive again.... thank you to all of you for such compasion...you truly are remarkable people...all of you ....

Thank you

Hi Deadbeat007,

Yea I too think that average rolling scars or depressed scars look good one people...but mine aren't average they are very severe and the basicly really make my face alot more ugly...

But I think many people here can't understand what I am saying...

I don't know...I haven't seen alot of info about raised scars or nothing...also haven't seen many treatments for raised ones...all treatments seem to focus on depressed scars like ice-pick and so one....

Well hope anybody has an good info...I heard that injection help..but only temporarily....

wish you a nic day,

you ask when...

lets say the suffering is for eternity..

something needs to be changed.. something is drastically in need of change.. pin point what that is.. and use ALLLLL YOUR resources u have..parents, money, psychologists, friends, everyone everything and make them help YOU.. u deserve to be helped and u will!!!!!

not everyones journey in life is the same.. your might need to be slowed down right now.. so u can heal and focus on the problems that urgently need to be addressed. of course your suffering.. of course u are.. do not blame yourself for this.. and dont think that there is no reason..

you've struggled hard and long.. and it will be a process to even see a way out of this.. but let me tell you its pOSSIBLE.. grab your resources.. and make them for you. get the help you need . u deserve it.. u cant do it alone man im telling u.. U need to let it out..

and have faith that people out there want to help you.. and can make a huge difference iny our life every day.. please get help today.. and recognize that u are struggling and your approach so far hasnt worked.. u need a new one.. and a mentor.. and people to support u..

please find the help u need. schedule an appointment with a psychologist.. and tellt hem about your thoughts u have every day.. u will begin to see your situation in a new light.. and u will see the way out..

alone this is very hard.. i urge u to talk to someone and share this experience..

Hey man, i understand you. It's really shitty indeed. Are you studying? Fortunately for me, my acne isn't as bad as yours, and i hope it will never be, but if it was, i would go to biology/chemics and find the damn reason why acne develops, and cure it once and for all. At least that way i'd have a project of life, instead of rambling around wondering when it will go away waiting that someone remembers about acne sufferers and decides to investigate SERIOUSLY what causes it.

I don't even know whether there is anyone investigating it, with all the other deseases out there. What many scientists don't get is that, while some deseases kill, the others don't let to live, and of those, come the devil and chose.

Hi Deadbeat007,

Yea I too think that average rolling scars or depressed scars look good one people...but mine aren't average they are very severe and the basicly really make my face alot more ugly...

But I think many people here can't understand what I am saying...

I don't know...I haven't seen alot of info about raised scars or nothing...also haven't seen many treatments for raised ones...all treatments seem to focus on depressed scars like ice-pick and so one....

Well hope anybody has an good info...I heard that injection help..but only temporarily....

wish you a nic day,

Raised scars are actually much easier to deal with than indented ones, so in a sense you are lucky, I wish I only had raised ones,you should start by wearing scar sheets on them nightly to flatten them out, or silicone gel. Usually people have good success with this, if that doesn't work laser, laser, laser.

Hi guys this is my first post here, have made many friends here and meet many wonderful people here.

But I suffer every single day now....for the last 8 years...firstly from a severe acne...was on Accutane 2 times...but becuse I had severe cystic acne...the have left me with severe acne scars....

I don't even know why I am writing this online to a bunch of strangers really...but I think it has goten to a point that I have lost the will to life....I mean I just don't care anymore....for 8 years I haven't been able to look at any mirror and not feel severe depression.....I have been humilited so many times in my life becuse of acne and the scars...I can't tell you how much it hurts when I meet new people and look them in the eye while we are talking, and see ther eyes looking at my scars....or to hear passing children say " EIII...did you see his face....how discusting...." I don't know if the know but his hurts so much that I am crying while writing this and remebering it....and with the girls...well...they all say " ooo, you are such a nice guy...or you are such a great person....then they get other people for their boyfriends...I mean...come on...I so hate it when people say...o looks don't matter to me...it's the inner beuty that counts....yea right...but when they see a pretty guy....they drop their jhaws....even if he is an asshole and has no inner beuty...as long as he is beutiful.....

I mean I am trying so hard...why can't I get rid of acne already...I mean I started getting acne at the age of 12.... when I was 13...my face was already covered with acne....I did everything possible...I stoped eathing foods with sugers, stoped eating fried foods, stoped eating foods with lots of fats ( animal and vegetable fats )...

I mean it got to the point when I eat mostly vegetables and drank water... I mean I used every kind of possible products for skin...there almost isn't a product that I haven't tried....

And now with 20 years I had started getting severe acne again....

I mean...My childhood has been ripped from me...and from many members on this forum also....tell me what have I deserved to get this?In my life I haven't hurt anybody ( have been hurt myslef alooot in the past 8 years ) but I love people...I love animals...I love the world...

It's just that I don't want to have this acne scars anymore...I am so much more...I mean if inner beuty could be showed...I mean...sorry...am just wiping the tears from the keyboard...

The thing that angers me the most is how people comment this...I mean like ...if it bothers you that much than just fix them....I mean...how can they say that...we are doing everything humanly possible to get rid of acne and acne scars...and they will stay ther forever...reminding us...

I read so many articles about acne and acne scars, read all about the treatments as such...I just don know what kind of type of acne scaring I have...the are raised...on my forehead...I mean they aren't really hard...they are soft to the touch....with a bit of what I could discribe as a

...well...don't really know how to describe it really....Have serched the whole internet to fin somebody..in the world with such severe acne scaring and couldn't find it.....which in turn makes me more depressed since how do I know that I will get rid of them...and even if I would have lots of money ( which I don't have ) and would take and do the things like dermabrasions, chemical peels, subcisions....whihc would all take a couple of years to do...I mean my youth I have been battling with severe acne and scaring problems....when others hav been worrying if their girlfriend will like the shirt they have or what kind of an exam will it be....I reall am tired of everything already....

Sorry guys just needed to spill my thoughts somewhere before I do something I would regret...

Wish all of you the very best,

Hello and welcome to the org.

I only read the first paragraph but that was enough to know how you feel.

First of all everyone on here can sypathise with you and understand exactly how you feel including me.

I have had acne for 12 years. I have been stressed, depressed, basically had no life in me.

So how can I advise you? You need to accept that you have acne and make your peace with that? Right you are probably thinking "What is this prick on about?! Believe me when i say accepting it is the only way forward. There is no cure for acne only ongoing treatment. You have to accept that you might have acne for the rest of your life.

Once I accepted this fact my like began to change. I started leaving my house, getting back into contact with my friends, going out, got a great job and that was just the start it.

I also accepted that there are a lot of people a lot worse off than myself in the world and this goes for most acne sufferers. You have a roof over your head, you know when your next meal will be, you have security. Are things really that bad compared to someone who has none of the above or is dying from a terminal illness?

Now I know I am sounding like a complete jerk but anyone who knows me on here knows I am not. I know how u feel, I am really feel for you and have every sympathy for you. I know how it feels being trapped in your mind in a downward spiral into emotional oblivion, but you must accept that this is your life right now. You need to make peace with it.

I have been on this site since 2002 and i have read probably thousands of stories like yours and I have told them all the samething.

We will support you and help you get through this, but we can only show you the door you have to walk through it.

I hope you feel better real soon.