Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yvette4944

Hoping this is the cure-FINISHED!!!

Hi Yvette, Ive really enjoyed reading your log, I know what you are going through sounds like hell but reading what you had to say about croc woman made me laugh so hard, I really needed that. I might be taking the tane plunge in a month so Im reading a lot of posts. Keep up the good attitude and great sence of humor. Cosette Ps. it will all be worth it

Guest Lee Harris

Yvette, best of luck to you.

YES, my face definitely itches from time to time. Probably the most noticeable symptom. Dryness for me has been mild.

I noticed you said you were taking Doryx before. I was too, be sure you gave it a couple of weeks before you started the accutane?

nasty interaction between those two.

You can find out how much doxycycline you still have in your system via the equation X=P(1+r)^et ...p is how much you took, r is the half life (3 days= .16) and ^et is the amount of time since you stopped times the function "e". I can compute it for you if you like ;-)

Yvette, best of luck to you.

YES, my face definitely itches from time to time. Probably the most noticeable symptom. Dryness for me has been mild.

I noticed you said you were taking Doryx before. I was too, be sure you gave it a couple of weeks before you started the accutane?

nasty interaction between those two.

You can find out how much doxycycline you still have in your system via the equation X=P(1+r)^et ...p is how much you took, r is the half life (3 days= .16) and ^et is the amount of time since you stopped times the function "e". I can compute it for you if you like ;-)

Lee,

I was actually only on Doryx a month before the tane..My derm suggested I go that route to keep my IB down and I must admit I'm on day 22 and it's been a walk in the park compared to some I've seen here. (fingers Crossed) How long have you been on tane?

Day 22

Been a few days since my last post, only because nothing much to report, so far so good! The baby brush method along with the aloe mixed with tea tree oil is keeping "Croc Woman" at bay (for now). It's funny because I have both my sisters and my mom using the baby brush method for their skin and they love it. They have "normal" skin but they like the smothness it gives them, this is definitely one thing I will continue long after tane.

Although my tiredness has subsided, my eyes are dryer than ever and I'm still getting the grumpies, I have Zero patience for a few hours everyday. I have to check myself when I catch myself snapping at my family for no real reason. Today my hubby cooked dinner, and I ws so grateful for the break, then all of a sudden I got mad because he gave me a spoon to eat my rice instead of a fork!!(WTF) I just silently told myself to shake it off, it's just the tane working overtime. I said thank you honey and ate up. (close call :wacko: ) I think he's becoming concerned about the mood swings so I'm trying really hard to keep them in check. Bloodwork tomorrow and Derm on next Wednesday, I'll discuss this with her because If my dosage is upped, I don't wanna become Bitch supreme!

GOODS\

*dryness subsiding

*no new actives!

*skin tone balancing out

*month one gone!!!

BADS

*Dry eyes

*Bitchiness

*Lips, lips, lips

Until next time..Think Acne free

Guest Lee Harris

Yvette,

I've been on for about 37 days now.

You can check out my log on my profile.

I've experienced mild dryness of the skin, lips, and especially my eyes.

I read on here about how peoples lips peel off, hasn't happened to me yet.

Skin gets dry and itchy even after only washing twice a day. Aquaphor at night is a god send.

I'll keep you posted on any positive progress!

Day 36

It's been a minute since I've posted only because I've really had no new developments. I don't know if that's good or not. My peeling had calmed down drastically and except for my lips, I really have no complaints. I have a few blackheads that have pushed themselves to the surface and don't seem to want to leave, I don't want to pick but I'm sick of looking at them, it's about 5 of them grouped together. I see my Derm on the 5th, so I guess I'll ask her about them, maybe she can extract them. I'm trying to be patient but I'm really ready for this whole process to be over...

GOODS

*Only 2 new actives

*No new side effects

*skin tone improving

BADS

*Blackheads won't budge

*skin seems more sensitive to perfume

*Lips still dry..(sigh)

Until next time..think acne free

Day 38

Had my Derm appt. yesterday, got bumped from 40mg to 80mg!! Now we got the ball rolling. My blood work came back really well and she was happy with the results of the tane so far but she did tell me to stop the HQ cream because certain parts of my face are lighter than they should be. She said I looked to be a little further along than expected (which was exciting to me) and I should be coming off the tane in 4 months instead of six, depending on how my body reacts to the 80mg. She did notice I still have alot of small bumps under the surface so she also gave me something called "Extina", it's a foam I put on twice daily to help bring all the impurities out, it stings like a bitch though, I only put it on once yesterday. Is 80mg the highest dose usually prescribed for tane? I don't think I've seen anyone much higher than that here. I was warned that the drying will be coming back with a vengance (and I thought Croc lady was gone) so I need to moisturize X2 now and they'll be lots more shedding, which I'm cool with because she said that'll help with the discoloration. I've been on 80mg for one day but it seems like my face is oilier today (?) :confused: hummm.

As far as my face, earlier in the week I had 8 new actives in a cluster on my cheek, a few have went down and i must admit I picked a little because some of them came to a head. other than that my breakouts have been slim to none, knock on wood. Even my lips have calmed down a bit, but here I go with a higher dosage so I know I'll be complaining again..but as long as it's working I don't care.

Goods

*no aches and pains

*Lips ok (1st time they made it to the "goods" list)

*new dosage

*Month one gone!!

BADS

*New actives :wall:

*Oil seems to be returning

*Still some light patches

Day 42

So far so good on the 80mg, the few actives I had have pretty much dried up. In my earlier post I mentioned that my Derm gave me a Rx for something called Extina to pull the bumps from under the skin, well I don't know exactly how it works but those suckers are just disappearing!! :D my skin is looking so much smoother! The bumps aren't even hitting the surface, so I'll be sure to add that to my arsenal for post-tane treatment. I have noticed mor blackheads surfacing though, but they are coming out on their own when I wash so that's another plus I hope this is resulting from the new dosage because I seemed to have hit a brick wall with the 40mg. I've been having weird dreams, anybody else experience that? I wake up like WTF?? I'm flying, people chasing me, etc.

Although my skin looks 100x better even right now, I still get discouraged from time to time because I want clear skin now, I have 90 days left on tane, I know sad that I counted....

Not doing the "goods" and "bads" section today, I think I covered it all..Until next time, think acne free!!

Your acne looks similar to mine! Do you have any recent photos of your skin?

Good luck with everything!

Yes, I have pics in my accutane gallery..Thankx

Day 46

Rough week folks..The 80mg finally kicked in and my lips were the first thing to cave..They were so dry I wanted to cry, NOTHING helped and anything I did put on them lasted 15-20 minutes at the most, they became cracked in the corners and it hurt to smile or open my mouth to eat anything. I was miserable, I finally resorted to holding a warm wet rag to them every so often for moisture and applying Neosporin. Why the hell does tane dry your lips like that anyway?? My face became a tight mask (thank God for tea tree oil) and I was lethargic, like a walking zombie, but when I laid down to sleep I just tossed and turned. Add problems with the hubby in this mix and needless to say I felt like jumping off a building.

But this is the crazy thing about tane, today.... Just 4 days later, I woke up feeling refreshed, lips a "little" better and not one active on my face! Like it was all bad dream :wall: , this stuff really takes you for a ride, but at the same time, I have to say that I can't remember a time when my face looked this good, I still have some scarring but not even 1 pimple!! :D , it has literally been YEARS since I've been blemish free. I have some peeling but I made a homemade concoction of seabreeze moisturizer mixed with a few drops of tea tree oil and it lasts for hours on my face and feels really good, I don't have to keep re-applying all day. I moisturize just twice a day when I wash and it seems to be working. I'm my worst critic, and even I'm noticing an improvement in the texture and tone of my skin after only a month and change into my treatment. I still have 3 months left, so this is so exciting for me to see so much improvement this quickly. Even the underlying bumps are still disappearing without surfacing..Yay!! My lips are definitely worth the sacrifice..

GOODS

*No actives at all!!

*Smoother skin

BADS

*Dry ass lips

*Tight skin

*Some muscle aches

Until next time..Think Acne Free!!

Guest Lee Harris

Whats up Yvette,

Awesome to hear you have no new actives, we seem to be on very similar tracks.

Let me know how your next derm/ lab appointments go, now that I am into the course, I want to shift my focus on taking care of my body as a whole (i.e working with doc on watching triglycerides, enzymes, blood count, etc.). Any info you get keep me posted ;-)

Keep it up!

glad to see your skin is getting better, im only 5 days into my treatment and havn't noticed anything so far. ur accutane log is hilarius croc lady!! especially the bitch on wheels part haha, privided some entertainment while i take a break from exam study so thanks heaps 4 that :dance: !! hope ur skin continues 2 get better.

xo

carol

Day 52

Well Croc lady is back and she's madder than hell! :doh: My face has turned on me. It's red and irritated and dry and peeling all at the same time. The corners of my mouth are still slightly cracked and hurting. Over this past week I think I've went through an entire tube of carmex and I can't keep enough of it on, I know I look silly, because I have that shit smeared all over my lips..and not neatly either, don't care..trying to solve a problem here. To top it all off, I have 2 big actives, one right above my lip (hurts) and one on my cheek. Yea, my joy was short lived last week. I swear I can't wait for this roller coaster ride to be over, I feel miserable right now, my face gets so tight it feels like it's going to bleed if I smile, thank God for this forum because without it, I would have quit by now. Oh yea, I received an added bonus this weekend..I now have that stupid rash on the back of my hand that I've heard so much about on the logs here, not sure what it is but I put some of my daughters rash cream on it and it stopped itching! :D

I know I'm whining but if I can't do it here then I can't do it anywhere. I feel like no one else understands, I try to talk to the Mr. about the symptoms and he has no clue what I go through, so all he really says is "Really?" or "Oh" in that I don't know what your talking about voice. And he can't relate anyway, he has NO acne, I don't think he's ever has. I equate accutane to being pregnant, you know in the end it'll be worth it, but going through it is hell. I missed 2 doses this week, I took my morning dose and forgot my evening dose, by the time I remembered, I was just to lazy to get up and take it. I did the exact same thing again the next night, I'm losing my mind here....

glad to see your skin is getting better, im only 5 days into my treatment and havn't noticed anything so far. ur accutane log is hilarius croc lady!! especially the bitch on wheels part haha, privided some entertainment while i take a break from exam study so thanks heaps 4 that :dance: !! hope ur skin continues 2 get better.

xo

carol

Guest Lee Harris

Yvette,

Hang in there.

My advice about the dryness, the dry lips, and the rash on back of hands, is VASELINE. I got the back hand rash bad, and vaseline always clears it right up. Vaseline on my face and lips helps tremendously too. My dermatologist said it is non-comodegenic and he's right. I've been using it for a month now. Often people say to use Aquaphor or something, its only 40% petrolatum, vaseline is 100% and seals in moisture like no other. Only wear it on your face at night though, too greasy for the day. It will heal your hands in a day, trust me.

Yvette,

Just checking in to see how it's going for another adult. I'm on day 10 and it's pretty miserable. My skin is dry, but not flaky, just really tight.

Are you glad you went from 40 mg to 80 mg? I am starting to wonder if I shouldn't stick it out at 40 mg for a couple of months.

And, did the rx for your ib work well? I've got some big nasties that make me so upset to see. My dr. said to call her if I had a bad ib and I think I might have to break down and take something else.

I experienced major drying when I went from 40 mg. to 80 mg. and the best thing I found for my skin was CeraVe lotion. It feels so light that at first I thought there was no way it would actually hydrate my skin but it is GREAT. Like so many others on there, Aquaphor saved my lips.

Yvette,

Just checking in to see how it's going for another adult. I'm on day 10 and it's pretty miserable. My skin is dry, but not flaky, just really tight.

Are you glad you went from 40 mg to 80 mg? I am starting to wonder if I shouldn't stick it out at 40 mg for a couple of months.

And, did the rx for your ib work well? I've got some big nasties that make me so upset to see. My dr. said to call her if I had a bad ib and I think I might have to break down and take something else.

Actually after about 2 weeks things calmed down alot on 80mg so at this point it's not so bad. I'm glad I was bumped up just because I know it'll speed up the treatment process, because I'm so ready for all of this to be over. I believe the Rx for the ib helped because I never had a really nasty break out, I would say the ib I had being bumped from 40mg to 80mg was worse...Good Luck

Day 64.... 1/2 way mark

Hello all, It's been a minute since I've logged but with holidays approaching and work, I haven't had much time, so I'm dedicating this evening to catching up with my Accutane family. So much has happened since I last wrote, I had 2 of the BIGGEST actives on my face, I'm talking guiness book here..and the icing on the cake was they were literally right next to each other, above my lip in the "Herpe" area!! I was overcome with embarassment and they took forever to calm down. I have to admit, I did try to pop those suckers but they just kept coming back :doh: I finally just let go and let tane.. they're better now but I have some nasty scarring, oh well, you win some and you lose some. The rash on my hands got all scaley, Croc womany on me, so I did take Lee's advice (Thank you) and use Vaseline and boy oh boy it's like a best kept secret, the next morning it was totally gone! yay!

What I'm learning from this whole experience is you have to absoutely have to have a sense of humor in order to deal with all the crazy ass side effects of this drug. because if you don't, either you won't make it or it'll be the longest, most horrible experience of your damn life. I've had moments where I wanted to cry because my back hurt and my face was all dry and scaley and my hands looked like raw meat, but then I tell myself these are temporary side effects to a long term cure and that makes me feel much better. I wish everyone the best of luck and hang in there

Guest Lee Harris

Yvette,

Glad to see that helped. I wash my hands alot on top of it so I'd say thats definitely my most noticeable side effect too.

If you can get past the mental block of doing so, I'd suggest using it lightly on your face too. I know it seems like acne suicide, but its actually great. My complexion has improved and it absolutely does not clog pores, I've been using it for months.

Sense of humor is DEFINITELY the best remedy!

Yvette,

Glad to see that helped. I wash my hands alot on top of it so I'd say thats definitely my most noticeable side effect too.

If you can get past the mental block of doing so, I'd suggest using it lightly on your face too. I know it seems like acne suicide, but its actually great. My complexion has improved and it absolutely does not clog pores, I've been using it for months.

Sense of humor is DEFINITELY the best remedy!

Lee,

I'm gonna give it a try..It worked wonders for my hands!

Day 67

Went to the Derm yesterday, all tests came back fine. I'm Anemic, which I knew but my my red blood cells are dropping to low, so I have to incorporate Iron pills (which I HATE) into my diet. I have no choice because if my numbers aren't better by the next visit, I have to stop tane!! :cry: at least for a few weeks while we try to raise it, so that's mission #1 for me right now.

No real new side effects, no new actives, just have 2 monsters I told you about healing but it seems to be taking forever.

I went to CVS to get my new Rx and they gave me Amnesteem, instead of Sotret, which I've been taking since I started. I know that basically there all the same Rx with just different generic names, but I really wanted to stick with the same brand throughout the process. I asked the pharmacist about this and he said basically unless your Derm sends a script for name brand only they can give you whatever generic brand they have avaliable. He did tell me that another CVS across town had Sotret but I would have to transfer my script because of Ipledge (no thanks). If things stay on track for me, I have just about a month and 1/2 to go!! :D

Hi there, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your log, you are so funny :lol:

I really hope it works well for you, I will keep reading..

I'm starting today (FINALLY!) and I'm feeling very optimistic after reading yours and other peoples' logs..I know it is going to be tough with all the dryness (NOT looking forward to meeting Croc lady (well in my case Croc man :) )) but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Hi there, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your log, you are so funny :lol:

I really hope it works well for you, I will keep reading..

I'm starting today (FINALLY!) and I'm feeling very optimistic after reading yours and other peoples' logs..I know it is going to be tough with all the dryness (NOT looking forward to meeting Croc lady (well in my case Croc man :) )) but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Woteva,

As long as you keep reading the logs, you'll be ok. We, in these forums seem to know more than most of the Derms as far as the side effects are concerned. My Derm new nothing about the rash on the hands, which would have freaked me out if I hadn't read here that this was pretty common. Also listen to your gut, if you feel anything out of the norm, post it, I'll bet as least one other tane member has experienced it. By no means am I an expert on tane but as I said before, if it weren't for this forum I probably would have given up..Best of luck to you! :clap: