Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mustang88

Ever try not wearing make up??

I'm starting to believe that make up is the cause of my bad skin...I only wear it on my cheeks and chin as those are the only places i have blemishes. I've also always used it under my eyes. I've been wearing it since I was 13.

Now that I think about it though, it seems odd that the only places i get blemishes are the only places I wear makeup....i didnt wear make up yesterday as I didnt leave my house and today I skipped putting on under my eyes. Already the darkness under my eyes is brightening up.

I have a theory that they make make up with the intent of hurting your skin. The worse your real skin looks the more you are going to wear their make up, right??

I just dont know. has anyone ever tried skipping out on the make up for long enough to see a difference?? I dont think I can bear the thought of leaving the house without it but i seriously think it would make a difference.

Thoughts??

Hmmm.well I don't wear make-up on the weekends but I haven't noticed any difference in my skin and god forbid I go in public without make-up lol!! Have you thought of the possibillity thats it's just the kind of make-up your using?? Before I started using neutrogena mineral make-up I always always broke out becuz my skin is so darn sensitive :( but since I stopped wearing all that oily make-up I do't break out well if I wear my make-up to bed i'll wake up with at least one but other than that I don't :)

Well i used to wear CoverGirl TruBlend and I loovveed the way it made my skin look. But I still dealt with break outs. And then they changed their make up and its shit now so I switched to Mac...i absoloutlye hate Mac's foundation that I bought. Their concealer has good coverage but makes me look funny. I'm not too impressed especially not for the price i paid.

Either way... I really think make up is a culprit in my blemishes.

OMG!!! I was using that too and I loved loved it!!!! Yeah but then they had to go and change it and I stopped using it bcuz the new one they came out with was horrible argh I hate it!!! Well what else are you using on your face?

OMG!!! I was using that too and I loved loved it!!!! Yeah but then they had to go and change it and I stopped using it bcuz the new one they came out with was horrible argh I hate it!!! Well what else are you using on your face?

For makeup I just use the Mac concealer, and this mineral bronzer stuff. Bare minerals, maybe.. I'm not sure. it's a powdered bronzer. Occasionally if I'm going clubbing I will go all out with foundation and a little blush too but that depends on how rough my skin is looking.

My acne isnt terrible or anything but i get blemishes and i also have lots of red spots and uneven skin tone, and i just want to be able to not wear make up and wake up lookin pretty! lol

Boo Bare Minerals break's me out and make's my face itchy :( I always said if I ever got clear skin I'd never wear make-up but here I am still wearing make-up :) can't help it even though I finally have clear skin im left with some scars and I just don't feel attractive w/o it and that sucks :( but I mean what products are you using to help clear your skin?

Some makeup does lead to breakouts for me. I use a CoverGirl concealer (I forget the name, but it's in a tube...) and it's worked great for me. I can leave it on 12+ hours and it stays put and doesn't break me out.

Make up has no effect on my spots at all, ive gone weeks without wearing it and no change. I only wear it about 2 times a week now but as i said it has no effect on me

I used to wear liquid foundation and I don't think it helped me at ALL. I switched to mineral makeup a year ago and I noticed that my skin looks better, plus I don't feel like I have a mask on. I'm comfortable going without makeup (I never wear it to the gym), but I will admit it makes me feel more polished. I'd never go without it at work for that reason.

I definitely believe that some makeup can cause breakouts, but not all. I think it's trial and error for everyone to find what works for them.

If your skin isn't under control, it is hard to say if it is the makeup or just your skin doing its normal thing though.

Personally, mac's concealer made me break out badly...the worse breakout I have ever had was while using it. I know it's really hyped here, but everyday minerals makeup has been a godsend for my skin. The acne I do get seems able to heal faster, instead of getting worse from the makeup However, BM doesn't have a good rep here, because it has bismuth oxychloride that many people react badly to. Not everyone has problems with it, but many have.

Also, do you only get blemishes where you apply makeup, or do you only apply makeup to where you get blemishes? See the flaw in that logic? Of course you cover the broken out areas...that's why you wear makeup ;)

If you're brave enough to go without makeup, then that's great. I wish I could, but I feel too ugly :ninja:. I do notice that when I stay home without makeup, I get better looking as the day goes on :D

Based on what I've observed in myself, I think part of why we tend to look better without makeup over time is:

- when you first wake up, you eye area is a bit dark and swollen from your eyes being shut all night...they will brighten and de-pufff a bit in a few hours

- your face can be a bit pink after washing it, as washing & patting it dry seems to make it flush a bit...that pinkness will die down over time also

- right after washing, you've cleansed all the surface oils...when the oil comes back it leaves a reflective sheen that helps detract from imperfections. My skin looks better before washing it too.

- if you do start to go outside without makeup, a bit of sun may even the tone out, and make you look a bit "healthier" (not tanning though...that is not what I mean).

Yes i have. and no it didn't make any difference :(

I guess it's diff for different people, also it has to do with the typ[e of make up your using, your brushes and obviously if you don't cleanse it out properly after.

I'm starting to believe that make up is the cause of my bad skin...I only wear it on my cheeks and chin as those are the only places i have blemishes. I've also always used it under my eyes. I've been wearing it since I was 13.

Now that I think about it though, it seems odd that the only places i get blemishes are the only places I wear makeup....i didnt wear make up yesterday as I didnt leave my house and today I skipped putting on under my eyes. Already the darkness under my eyes is brightening up.

I have a theory that they make make up with the intent of hurting your skin. The worse your real skin looks the more you are going to wear their make up, right??

I just dont know. has anyone ever tried skipping out on the make up for long enough to see a difference?? I dont think I can bear the thought of leaving the house without it but i seriously think it would make a difference.

Thoughts??

Yes I have and I still broke out. Acne is genetic. Although, there are some foundations that are known to aggrevate already existing acne, especially liquid foundation