Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Paul25

Organic chocolate

My mum was in the local health food store today and said she saw alot of organic chocolate. After avoiding chocolate for a while i would like to try some of this, is all organic chocolate going to good and not really effect acne? Or is there still possibilities it could contain a fair bit of sugar etc and best to check ingredients?

Green and Blacks is hands down the best chocolate I have ever had. The Milk and Almond bars are the best - too much of the almond variety does break me out - but not the milk.

I don't know if you have any gluten sensitivities - but their american production line is not wheat/gluten free. I've had both - taste is the same - but only the italian line is gluten free.

If you run across Dagoba - skip it. Hershey's makes it now and it seems diluted.

Oh - and I almost always take 300 mg of cinnamon when I have a bar.

It's the sugar that's casuing problem

buy those baking chocolate bar that's 100% caocao and melt it then add stevia or splenda to sweeten it

Buy larabars I love the Organic Chocolate from them!!! TASTE like brownie :D:D

is healthy , made with Cocoa powder 100% since Larabars doesn't use sugars!

I dont even know if sugar effects my acne. Anyone know how much sugar it contains? Think i may just try it anyway.

The UK lines Milk bar:

Nutrition Typical Values Per Per Per

Serving Unit 100g 40g 35g

Energy kJ 2184 874 764

kcal 523 209 183

Protein (g) 9.9 4.0 3.5

Carbohydrate (g) 54.0 21.6 18.9

-of which are sugars (g) 47.5 19.0 16.6

Fat (g) 29.7 11.9 10.4

- of which saturates (g) 17.9 7.2 6.3

- of which monounsaturates (g) 9.2 3.7 3.2

- of which polyunsaturates (g) 1.1 0.4 0.4

- of which trans (g) 0.2 0.08 0.1

Fibre (g) 3.7 1.5 1.3

Sodium* (mg) 65.1 26.0 22.8

* equivalent as salt (g) 0.16 0.07 0.06

A full bar is 100g - it's a very large bar. I'd top out at half a bar - which would be around 23 g. I don't know why these bars don't bother my acne - other forms of sugar do.

Perhaps because it's raw cane sugar? IDK - and to honest I don't really care, I'm just glad to have found a quality product I can enjoy.

The ingredients for the Milk Chocolate bar:

Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Organic Whole Milk Powder (27%), Organic Cocoa Mass, Organic Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin, Organic Vanilla Extract.

The UK lines Milk bar:

Nutrition Typical Values Per Per Per

Serving Unit 100g 40g 35g

Energy kJ 2184 874 764

kcal 523 209 183

Protein (g) 9.9 4.0 3.5

Carbohydrate (g) 54.0 21.6 18.9

-of which are sugars (g) 47.5 19.0 16.6

Fat (g) 29.7 11.9 10.4

- of which saturates (g) 17.9 7.2 6.3

- of which monounsaturates (g) 9.2 3.7 3.2

- of which polyunsaturates (g) 1.1 0.4 0.4

- of which trans (g) 0.2 0.08 0.1

Fibre (g) 3.7 1.5 1.3

Sodium* (mg) 65.1 26.0 22.8

* equivalent as salt (g) 0.16 0.07 0.06

A full bar is 100g - it's a very large bar. I'd top out at half a bar - which would be around 23 g. I don't know why these bars don't bother my acne - other forms of sugar do.

Perhaps because it's raw cane sugar? IDK - and to honest I don't really care, I'm just glad to have found a quality product I can enjoy.

The ingredients for the Milk Chocolate bar:

Organic Raw Cane Sugar, Organic Whole Milk Powder (27%), Organic Cocoa Mass, Organic Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin, Organic Vanilla Extract.

Thakns for your help. My mum bought me the 70% cocoa bar today and i shall give it a try. I would expect if i enjoy the taste though, it will more than likely break me out.

if its organic than they most likely used pure cane sugar/ evaporated cane juice or some form of unrefined sugar so i think youll be fine. Just dont worry about it giving you acne when your eating it. One organic chocolate bar with sugar and dairy in it probably wont do jack. A lifetime of eating refined sugars and all that bad stuff however, will

Organic should be better, but for me personally ANY chocolate will break me out. It's not the sugar or milk as I've been having a lot of both almost every day and I'm relatively clear (thanks to Spiro, too). However, I only breakout severely when I eat chocolate regardless of the drug. Same thing with my mom. I guess I must be allergic to cocoa - organic or not...

This chocolate is seriously gorgeous :D My mums bought me a couple more bars tonight so im hoping it doesnt break me out. Oh, how i missed chocolate!!