Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dagger

Does the season affect your acne?

For some reason I have HORRIBLE breakouts during the summers...my breakouts start around June and get better in September...this has happened for 3 years now.

Anyone also experience something similar? I'm really puzzled as to why I only break out in the summer.

The humidity of the summer can contribute to breakouts and clogged pores. I actually did pretty well in terms of breakouts this summer but I still have a lot of marks/scars to deal with that just aren't going away. You are most likely sensitive to that increased humidity and heat, which a lot of people are.

Most people have an easier time in the colder months since the air is more drying, although over-drying can also be a cause of new breakouts.. I still see breakouts in the winter but it's usually not as bad. At least it's getting colder now, you've gotten through the summer now let the cold heal your skin =)

I have the same exact thing. I'm very good using the rest of the year but summer is the worst for me. NYC is so ridiculously humid! UGH

Tell me about it. I just moved to the city from Long Island and I was NOT used to that much humidity. I'd walk around the city sweating, knowing I'd wake up with a new breakout the next day. Even at night, I'd step out of a club/bar and it'd still be like 90 out and humid at 2 AM. Definitely a harsh summer for NYC! But it's pretty nice out now =)

thats weird, technically, in the winter because of the climate changing, going for heated rooms, to cold outside causes your pores to open in the warmth, allowing dirt in, then going into the cold closes the pore causing it to become inflamed.

I personally when I was younger cleared up in the summer, then broke out in the winter, now I dont seemed to be affected by weather.

Agreed with ballgot.

I find that really weird. Because during my summer, my skin's pretty clear. Where I live, winter technically starts in September (don't ask) and this is when I start breaking out like crazy. I was clear during the summer most of the time, and then suddenly "winter" comes and BOOM. Nineteen (I counted) new zits bombard my forehead (and only my forehead) just like last winter, and the winter before that! :cry:

hhhmmmm...that could be because I live in Miami where it is super humid and sticky most of the time. In the winter we don't really use heaters...we just open our windows for once...lol. I have the best skin in the winter. Once I went to Las Vegas for vacation and my skin became so clear. Also, while I was there, I met someone from Houston who said that the best thing about moving to Vegas was having his skin clear up. I think it really depends. Those who break out in the winter...could it be from irritation from the extreme cold? Or the humidity in buildings with heat? I guess really our skin is just very personal and it depends on the person. :eh:

My skin gets a lot better during the summer and worse during the winter months. Ive been todl by the doctor that the sun can help my acne.

I jsut need something now I can apply to my face which does what the sun does and I should ahve it under control :(