Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freedomfighter23

My Acne's Gotta Be Hormonal - What Do I Do?

I have had mild acne probably since 9th grade and I am now a college junior. I have tried every different type of face wash, spot treatment, and moisturizer including several different regimens and nothing has consistently worked for me. I even changed my diet to all natural and that did nothing either.

By no means do I have bad acne, but every morning I wake up and see pimples on my face, and when the ones that are there do go away, by the next morning there are new ones. I'm just so sick of it and know that there's nothing I can do because it's simply my body producing the acne over and over.

What is recommended for hormonal acne? I know Accutane isn't suggested for mild acne, but mine has been so consistent for so long and nothing seems to work. I have also never tried any prescription treatment or topical retinoids or antibiotics. I am desperate to get rid of my acne -- I thought by now I would have simply grown out of it.

Well I would stop washing. You've tried everything else right? What harm could not washing do?

I found out that mine was from over irritation. My skin was hurting from all the products. I stopped using the products and I started clearing up.