Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sprintz

Has anyone had a pimple with..

I have this one pimple on my chin, its really swollen up, well maybe not that much, a bit less than a dime i would say. Anyway, it has like... 7 or 8 whiteheads inside of it... is this normal? I mean, I'm guessing it isn't a cyst because of the heads, any other possibility of what it is, other than a pmiple?

I think I've had one with 3 or 4 before, never 7 :( i would probably squeeze it...but that might be bad advice.

Popping a 7 head pimple would be pretty hard to do, and would probably leave a pretty serious red mark/scar. Try either icing it to reduce swelling, or using a hot compress for it to possibly pop by itself. If you want to, you can try spot-treating it with something

I once had a pimple with three heads on my face. It was quite embarrassing. Whatever you do -- Don't pick at it! I did and now have a scar to prove it.

go to a dr and make sure that is what it is.. I had something similar and I treated it as a pimple and it got really bad so I went to dr and it wasn't even a pimple it was something else and the meds I was using made it worse..

As an update, the small whiteheads in the pimple have coalesced to form 3 'regular-size' heads, all within the same 'lump'... not exactly pretty, but its stopped growing at least. And its on my chin, thankfully, so scarring won't be bad or noticeable hopefully.

DO NOT PICK IT!!!! Put a warm towel on it to coax it to pop on its own but do not pop it or pick at it. Before accutane I would get pimples like that and I would mess with them and before you know it I had a huge bloody hole on my face so please do not pick at it! I hope it goes away soon. BP the heck out of that mother!

I get those all the time but they don't have seven heads, the most I've had is 3 - 4. Mine show up as a huge, painful pimple, and then gradually start showing how many heads it has. They take about a week an a half to go away. Don't pop it until the heads are really noticeable!

Don't pick it. D: It can lead to serious scarring.

I've never before heard of 7 heads...it may take about 2 weeks to go away, but don't pop it until it's gone down a bit. Maybe try cleaning it with some hydrogen peroxide (3%) after popping it? Good luck! Hope I helped. =)

I had one about a week and a half ago. I basically iced it down, and would also take a warm shower. Afterwards I put my stuff on, and it popped on its on. Its not even there anymore, and I dont think it left a scar either.

I heard that there is something that a doctor can inject a cyst with. I think it sounds like a cyst to me. I would not advise popping it. You could try putting ice on it, or epson salt, or tea tree oil or something.

i really wouldnt touch it. i know thats probably a really annoying thing to hear. but just think about it. itll go away faster. it honestly will if you just leave it alone. in the mean time. if your a prone to picking your skin. dont look at it. just avoid having spare time to touch it. keep it clean, with rubbing alcohal, although it might dry out your skin, or lemon juice the acid might really help unclog it

Wow this got a lot of replies. Anyway, yeah, good advice all around, i don't think it was a cyst, the pimples all collapsed at once though, there were around 3 big ones at the end of it, after the smaller whiteheads coalesced, and there was plenty of pus to go around. Anywho, it scabbed over a few days ago, and yesterday the scab came off, revealing some pink skin, with obviously a mark where it was, but nothing too serious, looks like it will smooth out. Thanks for the advice everyone!