Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The day that never comes

Spreading accutane over a few days before an appointment?

Hi, today is Monday and I have an appointment with my Derm on Friday which is my first appointment since starting accutane four weeks ago.

I am taking 30mg per day, which is expected to be bumped up to 40 or 50mg on Friday.

I have three tablets left, 1 x 20mg and 2 x5mg

Which means after tomorrow, I'll get Wednesday and Thursday without taking any.

Psychologically, I feel as though I would prefer to spread it out over the three days (20mg on Tues, 5mg on Wed and 5mg on Thurs).

Or should I just go dry for those two days?

Thanks for any advice

Hi, today is Monday and I have an appointment with my Derm on Friday which is my first appointment since starting accutane four weeks ago.

I am taking 30mg per day, which is expected to be bumped up to 40 or 50mg on Friday.

I have three tablets left, 1 x 20mg and 2 x5mg

Which means after tomorrow, I'll get Wednesday and Thursday without taking any.

Psychologically, I feel as though I would prefer to spread it out over the three days (20mg on Tues, 5mg on Wed and 5mg on Thurs).

Or should I just go dry for those two days?

Thanks for any advice

I think you should definitely spread it out over the three days. That was what my derm told me to do if I noticed I was running out of tablets before my next appointment. Either way three days is not that long so you will be fine.

Pop in your mouth all at once, spread them out over 3 days, put them in the bin, flush them down the toilet, rub them on your face....3 days isn't going to have the slightst bit of impact whether you take them all or not at all.