Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So last night i pig'd out and ate so many chips and lollies. This morning i wake up and my skin feels bumpy and NOW i go to wash my face and looks like i have a brand new freakin cysts WTF? I don't know for sure if the binge-eating is related to my breakout but man am i pissy.

I was planning on meeting a girl tomorrow and I think the Differin cream im using is just making my skin red. Man :(

Lol... same things happen to me... i feel good then my skin just explodes again... down to the depression...

when will this end..

well you're still a hottie!! LOL! so i really wouldn't worry about it! but yeah i agree, totally. just when i think things are improving BAM! i'm back to where i started and headed for another two weeks til i'm feeling good again!

dont let a few zits stop you from gettin' your groove on with a girl! just charm your way into her heart! that's what i do with guys! well that and flirt a little. aahhhahahahaa! have a good night boys...

kimmyloz:Charm is so deceptive, you would not want us men to do that to you nice ladies now would you? I would try not to go near any females that were good looking when I had "zits", they might think it is infectious, and I would want to spare them the eyesore. Plus, I would want to avoid the personal humiliation of having terrible skin problems. I would not want their poor eyes to have to endure looking at these "zits" you speak of.

BuddyFranklin:I used to think that diet and Acne was not really that related. I stopped eating "junk" food, but my Acne got a lot worse. However, nutrition can be related to the health of your skin. It might not be so much what you are eating, but what you are not eating. i.e. You need good nutritional habits to balance up when you eat the foods which have very limited nutritional value, like lollies. The health of your skin requires good nutrition. If your digestive system, which is designed to run on efficient supplies of adequate nutrition, keeps having to digest food with limited nutritional value, and not the types of nutrition needed for the situation, it is reasonable to suspect that this may make the health of your skin worse. My perspective is that it is not the foods you eat that directly cause the skin problems, the health of your skin is just deteriorating, and if you have poor nutrition, the deterioration accelerates. This seems to give the illusion that it is bad foods that cause the skin problems, but really the health of the skin just declines more quickly without good nutrition. That makes sense to me anyway, I would not be so presumptious as to think that I am 100% right.

Well i used to be VERY healthy. Im talking about 7 days a week athlete training 5 hours a day. I didnt have time for alcohol or bad food because I was constantly being healthy, it was great. But now Ive 'retired' from sports and picked up studies so the coffee's and junk food seem so accessable.

BTW i you should of seen the methods i produced in avoiding the girl seeing my imperfections haha. Because my cyst is on my left cheek i always sat on her left n would turn slightly when shed come over a little. I hope she didnt notice lmao but yeah, she said she had a great time.

hehe...she said...snort...heheh. Oh well at least you go out with a girl, that is more than some people with Acne do, such as myself.

Too much exercise has a negative effect as well I have heard. Good nutrition will take a while to have any effect on Acne I think. I think there is something amiss in the skin, something is damaged to stop proper cell signalling or something along these lines. Somehow you have to get the skin to repair, but it seems to me as if some parts of the skin that underlie skin repair itself might be damaged. Therefore, I think you would have to have phenomenal nutrition to beat Acne this way, absolutely phenomenal.

Retinoid creams (tretinoin et cetera...) and retinoid tablets (isotretinoin - Accutane - 13-cis-retinoic-acid et cetera...) all seem to activate the retinoid receptors to induce skin repair. Retinoic Acid receptors in particular seem to instigate events that initiate skin repair. However, things such as Ultraviolet Radiation can damage these RA receptors, and reduce the numbers of them that are present in the skin (Voorhees, n.d.; cited in ScienceDaily, 1999). When this happens, normal levels of RA receptors in the skin are apparently not present to properly receive signals vital for healthy skin functioning. I think this is at least part of the Acne problem, seeing as oral administration (systemic) of Accutane (13-cis-RA) works for most people's Acne.

ScienceDaily, 1999, UV Radiation Induces Vitamin A Deficiency In Skin, Accessed October 2008, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/...90331063314.htm.

well in my opinion, coming from a lady, i think charm is the first way to catch a girls' attention. i always fall for a guys personality over his looks anyways. it's not always about looks, it's how you carry yourself! acne is not forever. i think confidence goes a long way, i mean i suffer from self esteem issues myself, but come thursday night i'm going out with my crew just like i always did even before i ever had acne(i got it when i was 23, and i'm now 24!). i'm not saying there's not days when i just feel like curling up in my bed and not moving all day, but being a woman, i've found a mastery of ways to cover up my face! LOL LOL!!!!

I am not sure what you find so funny kimmyloz. :cry: You found a mastery of ways to "cover up your face", whereas males do not really have this option since most of us dislike or have preformed conceptions about the suitability of make-up. Therefore you end up going out with your Acne covered anyway, whereas for guys, it is bleedinglyobvious. It is a confidence wrecker, as are many things. Exactly how much do you suppose a male has to feel confident about if he is covered in "sores"?

I understand, can relate and also sympathise with your situation though, I had clear skin all my adolescent life pretty well, and not a bit of scarred facial collagen in sight to speak of, and then it all started when I was 21 - 22 years old. It has been a mainly downhill slide since then. How terrible, you seem to be coping well with it all Miss Texas (a.k.a kimmyloz), do not give up hope.

Edited by xquis3t

i'm sorry i'm an optimist. i find ways to turn disappointment into humor to ease the stress of my situation. there's no sense in it to think negatively. this is what i've learned and i'm happy with myself for the first time in months! i dated a guy a while back BEFORE i ever had acne, i barely ever even had a pimple, that had really bad acne, compared to what i have. and it never bothered me. i loved him for who he was and his whit and charm and heart! like i said, it's all in the eye of the beholder, and if someone doesn't want me because i may have a few cysts that pop up every now and then and alter the look of my face, or red marks, then screw him! i wouldn't want someone so superficial and vain anyways.

my point is, if your going to sit here and make it out that i'm trying to compare my situation to yours, we will go nowhere. it's not the same! i was only trying to be uplifting, as is my nature. if you take offense to that then my sincere apologies. i dont get the impression that you really "sympathize for me" since you so boldly found something wrong with almost every statement i made, whether it had to do with you or not. but that's the end of this issue for me. acne is hard for everyone, no matter how extreme their siuation is, male, female. everything is about image for women, clothes, hair, makeup. we are constantly being judged by men and other women, and trying to keep up with what the media says we "should" look like! all the misconceptions of weight and beauty were decided for us a long time ago! the competition is fierce for young single women like me! and it's a battle everyday to try and focus on what i DO have a what i take for granted. bottom line, it could Always be worse! if you need someone to vent to, hit me up! there's my e-mail: [email protected] there are definately days when i get disgusted with myself and have to come on here for uplifting chats that i swear save my life! dont know how i managed before acne.org! and i hope you can find a way to get your confidence back! i'm still working on it! that's the most painful thing about this disease is that it strips a part of you away that you never fully get back! you dont lose hope either X!

yeah hahaha il let you guys in on a little secret, i got my cousin to go buy me this foundation. Doesnt even look like im wearing anything and it hides the redness. Im lucky i only have problems on my left cheek otherwise i dont think id be wearing foundation all over.

I wear the 'cover' because really, Ive always been a good looking bloke. I can't handle having imperfections. It's the same with my body. I go through hell to keep myself in the best shape i can and when i got acne i was like FCUK i can't just help myself any more in the way id work out for my bod.

kimmyloz:No really, I am very sympathetic to your situation. I said it was terrible. I do not know how I found much wrong with what you said. I just said charm can be deceptive, and that most males do not cover up their Acne with make-up. I think my original comments were a little 'sexist' because I made out Acne was worse for males, because in general, we do not wear make-up. But obviously, it is just as bad for either sex. I apologise if I caused you any offence. I do not have much to vent really, bad things happen to everyone. If I were the only person in the world with Acne, then I would vent...to everybody. I agree with you, if someone wants to be so rude as to not want to be with you in a relationship, purely because you have some cystic Acne every now and then, then you are probably best off not being with that person, seeing as they do not care about your feelings. Anyway, underneath the Acne, that is what wants to come out I suppose, and I am not referring to the personality so much, but the healing potential of the skin.

Buddy Franklin:heheh, you wore make-up. ;)

And if anyone wants to be critical and say it is shallow to think about the skin and not the personality, if you do that, and try not to focus on the Acne, it will not be fixed quickly. If you do nothing about the problem, I doubt it will go away by itself.

hello!

i know this doesn't seem true, but if someone really likes you then it doesn't matter if they have acne. that's true for me at least, maybe because i've been there but before i had severe acne i had a long term boyfriend who had a face of acne scars and (although not all the time) severe acne problems. now we've broken up and he's in a pretty famous band and the girls are still chasing him despite his skin problems. so there is definitely girls out there who don't care about skin :) don't give up on us!

my current boyfriend gets spots and i just don't even register they're there. there's girls who don't care and will love you for who you are, don't hide away, go get find someone like that! :)

just wanted to drop in a little hope. hope it helps a tiny bit :)