Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Souperman

Drinking Lipton's Green Tea helps prevent acne?

I read somewhere drinking Lipton's Green Tea can prevent acne breakouts. I dont know if its true though :eh: . What are your thoughts on this? HELP! ><"

i have no idea.

if it does, i'm going to costco to get it in bulk. lol. i really like the taste of it, too. it's a nice alternative to water, since i don't drink soda.

It's not a secret that green tea has some positive health effects, it's a good thing to do even if it wont help with your acne directly. Myself I drink organic green tea though, I like the taste over lipton and I guess it's a bit more healthier.

I've never tried Lipton's Green Tea.

The best green tea is herbal green tea.

Green tea is full of anti-oxidants which helps cleanse your system and can in some cases help your acne.

Do not add sugar or milk to it though ;)

Enjoy & Good Luck!

Everyone has different effects from it. Alot of people says it makes there skin more oily some says it dont some say it clears there skin etc.

Me personaly, it didnt make my skin oily. It helped out with my acne some what but i dont remember fully it was a while ago since then i stoped drinking it because i got tired of it lol

Ok, here's what I heard:

I drink Wegmans green tea from the bags. It's not completely organic healthy loose Japanese tea, but it's fine. Lipton Tea should be fine, too, as long as it's in a bag. The kind in a bottle, though tasty, doesn't help at all (or if it does, very little) because once the tea leaves are in water, the nutrients decrease more and more. Also, I heard adding some sort of acid to it (lemon juice) makes the absorbsion of good "stuff" better and easier. Also, I would recommend not using sugar, unless it's that Sugar in the Raw stuff or other natural brown sugar that's hard and in large granuals, but using honey instead. I like it sweet so I use about two-three teaspoons of honey. I hope that's not too much. And I also suggest not using milk/creamer. It just doesn't taste good in green tea.

Green tea would be effective for detoxifying your body, ergo somehow help prevent acne breakout, I guess. I wouldn't drink it too much though. It will dehydrate you. Maybe 1-2 cups a day for an alternative to coffee.

isn't this the red marks section not the acne section? a lot of the people in the red marks are clear or post accutane with a lot of red marks

and lipton any tea or any mainstream tea in a bottle isnt ever good for u in anyway

adding milk to green tea will cancel out the antioxidants.

Whether you have acne or not, you should be drinking it. It is common to hear 1 cup is cool but I drink more... morning, during day, after dinner.