Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Three years ago I used to have moderate to severe acne on my back and face. My face got better with time and my back was almost cleared last year but the acne never disapeared.

My face is better and doesn't seem to get worse, but the acne on my back is very unstable and breaks out sometimes. In one month it can be very mild and the next month it could break out badly (and it takes a lot more time to recover). Right now, that's how it is: a mess sad.gif . Not only the acne spreaded to my shoulders and bottom of my back but the chest is also getting worse. It's not as bad as it used to be)

I'm visiting a derm very soon (in two weeks), but I would also like to hear recommendations from people who had/have body acne. I will probably take some medication this time, but I'll try to avoid accutane. Meanwhile, what can I do to prevent it from getting worse? Is there any regular product I should use? I appreciate every answer I get. Thanks biggrin.gif .

u might want to try a body scrub that exfoliates dead skin cells (neutrogena body clear body scrub works well), and/or try tree tea oil skin wash. it also helps to wear clothing that doesn't rub against the skin too much because it irritates it, and if you sweat/work out then take a shower right after... if that fails, you can resort to antibiotics

I've struggled with back and chest acne for over five years and the solution for myself was to find the correct body wash. I've always used bar soap, I've tried many different brands of bar soap and now that I've switched over to liquid body wash I've seen incredible improvements. I still experience some occasional breakouts but my back and chest are the best they've been in a very long time. I know that sounds like too simple of a solution but it seems to have worked for me,...for the time being anyway.

I've been seeing a dermatologist and have tried both oral and topical meds, but nothing seemed to help. I also use the vinegar method on both my face and body that I'm sure you've seen posted.

Good Luck, I know how frustrating it can be.

if you use a loofah to wash your body, do not scrub your back. scrubbing irritates it more which results in more acne. always wear cotton clothing so that your skin breathes. also, one of the most important things you can do is to NOT touch it. i used to pick at my back ... but once i stopped ... my bacne started to clear up pretty quickly.

This is getting worst day by day. It's not THAT bad, but it's looking pretty ugly anyway. I'm only seing the derm in two weeks. What bothers me the most is the way it spreaded - never happened like this before after all these years. I guess I'll try to use something else to wash my body.

Burnout - I'm kind of in the same boat as you, I've tried everything to get rid of my bacne. The ONLY thing that ever worked sufficiently was layout out in the sun. But when it came back I just got very stressed about it. I'm currently on Accutane (I have taken 1 week's worth of 40mg a day) and my bacne has improved about 80%. I'm so amazed, perhaps your doctor will prescribe you Accutane as well.

hmmm I might try that. I've never seen that in my country but I'll look for it. Thanks. This is getting worst. My back is full of pimps. Mostly look like small red spots. Trouble is... they're growing...

I have the same problem! I've been working out for 9 months and have gained 25 lbs of muscle, and I'm still hesitant to take off my shirt because of the damn pimples! Red pimples + nice muscles still = turn off!

Well i used to have acne on my back too! the gd thing other than the fact that u can hide it is that it dries up fast...so i applied bp cream to it! after it shrunk and stuff i used an exfoliator! once ure back clears up...use an exfoliator once a week to prevent reoccurence!! but don't use it on fresh acne!!

What worked for me was

- Tea tree oil body foam from The Body Shop

- Ultra Clearasil acne cream (extra strength)

- ExfoTonic body scrub from L'Oreal Body Expertise (v v good)

- Then i always moisturise after exfoliating (v v impt) I Use Stumptious Strawberry Body Lotion from The BOdy Shop ( Gd moisturises + really yummy fruity scent)

Well i used to have acne on my back too! the gd thing other than the fact that u can hide it is that it dries up fast...so i applied bp cream to it! after it shrunk and stuff i used an exfoliator! once ure back clears up...use an exfoliator once a week to prevent reoccurence!! but don't use it on fresh acne!! 

What worked for me was

- Tea tree oil body foam from The Body Shop 

- Ultra Clearasil acne cream (extra strength)

- ExfoTonic body scrub from L'Oreal Body Expertise (v v good)

- Then i always moisturise after exfoliating (v v impt) I Use Stumptious Strawberry Body Lotion from The BOdy Shop ( Gd moisturises + really yummy fruity scent)

I know exactly what you mean as far as teh cycle of back acne goes. Over last summer i would cover my back with 10 percent benzoyl peroxide everyday after showering, this was the only thing that seemed to keep it under control. But If i even missed a day I would see the effects. Lately i've been using clean and clear blackhead clearing scrub (salicylic acid) and then using the clean and clear cleanser that has 10 percent benzoyl peroxide. This is the only thing that works for my face, as well as my back.

Well, I didn't visit my derm... didn't have the time thanks to the university... My back is now pretty much awful and looking at it makes me feel kinda down. It sucks, even if people can't see it.