Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ja66

Anyone NOT had a bad intial break out?

I really need to hear from someone who did NOT have a bad intial breakout. All I hear are these horrible stories. I guess I just need some reassurance that the few new pimples around my hairline and and old cyst that I thought was dead comming back is it! Im only 8 days in. But my acne was not THAT bad to begin with just persistent..ANYONE???????

I have NOT had an initial breakout. I have had only had a few new pimples here and there that run a short life. They appear, they pop, then they start to heal and then just become a faint red mark that slowly goes away.

My skin feels so different since being on accutane. Once the oil went away it stays completely matte all day and my make-up looks flawless and lasts all day long. I drink A LOT of water during the day to keep myself hydrated. I drink at least a gallon of water a day. Some people say it helps keep away side effects. Not sure if it does but I have only had a few new pimples, slightly achy joints, slightly dry lips and tiredness. I'm on 120mgs a day and on day 58.

i didnt get one either, i think (my opinion) people who use acne products before accutane, had to stop using the products and thats why they broke out worst than usually while on accutane. i didnt really use a acne product before accutane, so my acne was the same throughout w/o a major IB.

i haven't had one, either. just a few new pimples. nothing i wasn't already used to. i've had basically the same exactly thing as aggiechick05 happen to me. my make up also goes on really well and stays on all day, perfectly. i'm not on nearly as much as she is though, i'm only on 20mg right now.

Thanks guys..I was not on any meds..just spot treated with some topicals..of which Is till sometimes use with the tane. Mabey thats it..No med before..therefor no withdrawl. on 40mg/day week 2

I have not really had an IB. The key is to ease off your topical acne products and not start piling on the moisturizer at the first signs of dryness. I have found putting up with dryness gives me clearer skin. If I moisturize to the point of having no dryness or peeling -- I usually get some pimples.

I really need to hear from someone who did NOT have a bad intial breakout. All I hear are these horrible stories. I guess I just need some reassurance that the few new pimples around my hairline and and old cyst that I thought was dead comming back is it! Im only 8 days in. But my acne was not THAT bad to begin with just persistent..ANYONE???????

i had a breakout but it wasnt that bad and no different to a normal breakout for me, alot of blackeads showed and forced there way out and a few of my red marks actually became acne spots again and now have disappeared. I've had those red marks for months but i guess there must have been somthing trapped in there making them stick around.

I'm two weeks into my second month of Accutane and I'm taking 80 mg/day for my moderate-to-severe acne. I haven't had any sort of major breakout, just a few small pimples and one inflamed one on my hairline. Most of the time the small ones were gone within a day, but the inflamed one took a while to flatten out and disappear. I've been moisturizing heavily every night to avoid dryness, and that hasn't caused me to break out either. I also try and drink a lot of water throughout the day to keep myself hydrated and I've found that's helped with the dryness on my face and lips. Prior to starting 'tane I was only using things like tea tree oil on my face and hadn't used prescription creams or antioiotics for over a year.

Im a 36 yo male that was on accutane for 3 months at 40mgs a day.

I would say that I didnt have an IB although the thought of one scared the crap out of me!!! To count Ive had 4 significant cyst since starting the treatment. Three of which I got at the same time on my face which I thought was the first wave of an IB. I treated them with Benzol and clindamycine topical solution and they reacted and went away in the usual maner. The last one I developed was on my temple with in my hair that seemed to take a while to go away but it is gone.

I have had actually two more on the back of my head that reacted well with the Clyndo and were gone with in days.

I had been on Doxycycline for years before starting Accutane and waited a week after stoping to start accutane . I figured that I was going to bust all out with an IB going off antibiotics cold turkey like that but nothing!

Someone wrote on here that they thought if you had your breakouts under control before starting the treatment then you might not get an IB. THis seems to be true going off of what others have written as well. And in my case I think age has something to do with it too. LIke maybe I have had a breakout in almost every pore already and lightning dosent strike twice and all that... Who know....

Good luck, drink tons of water and dont give up!!!