Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monsieur Beck

So I just did something really stupid...

Hi everyone...

I had a clogged pore on the side of my nose and it's been there for some time. So in a feat of great stupidity, I actually pulled it out this morning. It didn't hurt or anything but its left this little red indent or hole in my nose....I'm really worried that this is going to scar and leave a permanent hole in my nose. I've pulled clogged pores out of my nose before but not ones that were this big...

Advice? Has this happened to anyone else before?

Nothing stupid about it, you've removed a plug of sebum that has enlarged your pore.

You can't escape or avoid that I'm afraid unless you prevent the blackhead from forming in the first place.

So you now have an enlarged pore, big deal get over it.

Nothing stupid about it, you've removed a plug of sebum that has enlarged your pore.

You can't escape or avoid that I'm afraid unless you prevent the blackhead from forming in the first place.

Thanks for the advice (I guess?). I was wondering more whether or not the hole would ever close up.

Thanks for the advice (I guess?). I was wondering more whether or not the hole would ever close up.

It'll never close up fully. If it does, it'll be back, for some reason.

They always shrink away to obscurity for me unless they get clogged again. It usually takes a few days. Give it some time before you get too worried about it.

They always shrink away to obscurity for me unless they get clogged again. It usually takes a few days. Give it some time before you get too worried about it.

Thank you very much for the advice and feedback!

It'll never close up fully. If it does, it'll be back, for some reason.

Oh darn....Thanks for the feedback though.

Hmm, I sincerely doubt it's never going to close up. Give it a week or so. Just put fresh lemon juice on it; it tightens pores. =) It burns, though. Good luck, hope I helped. =D

Hmm, I sincerely doubt it's never going to close up. Give it a week or so. Just put fresh lemon juice on it; it tightens pores. =) It burns, though. Good luck, hope I helped. =D

I'm betting they don't. We'll see. Be sure to keep us updated.

Hey guys...

Well good news: though it hasn't closed up completely, it's gotten a lot better. I didn't do much to it, but I did put some tea tree oil on the areas around it. It's much much less noticeable now. I agree with you guys--it probably will never close up--but it's at a point where I'm probably not going to stress too much over it.