Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i was wondering....does this whole Vinegar thing really work?? I was thinking about trying it. Can you still use it in conjunction with the Regimen?? I heard something about how it can help scars and restore pH levels to the face on your skin, which sounds good to me. I'm hoping someone has already gotten the process down so i dont have to eperiment too much....

You could

1) Wash your face

2) Use diluted vinegar as a toner (leave on. Vinegar complements other topicals)

3) wait until face is dry before applying BP

Mix and match and see what works for you.

No problem. But actually, I'm not the resident expert. I just learn from the ones who are. [-o<

yea and make sure you diloute it 3:1 (water to vinegar respectively)

you can use un-dilouted for spot-treatment it like makes it less red, but it makes it look kindof white..not bubbely...like the way your fingers look after you have been in the bath or something like that ( not my analogy took it from someone on here i forget who exactly)

hmm..yess

[-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-( [-(

hmm, I actually use vinegar undiluted. It burned my face the first time but not anymore. The good thing is that my active pimples were gone in about 3 days and a cyst went away within a week. I now only use vinegar occasionally because I haven't broken out at all.

That's good labelleen. Then maybe you should changed your signature to "Acne victim since age 15. Acne survivor at age 22". Or something along those lines. smile.gif

I've been using straight vinegar(no water mix) and is the only thing that has done the trick for me. The first week, I diluted the ACV but didn't see much difference. Once I started using it straight is when my faces started to clear up. I am not 100% acne free but have improved about 80% ia about a month.

I use a 50% glycolic acid peel once per week( done it 4 times)

ACvinegar as a toner

super copper peptide at night

aloe vera to moisturize morning and night

My red marks are fading fast and my breakouts are becoming less as the days go by. I owe it all the the vinegar because it's really helping my skin kill the acne bacteria like nothing else. The other things I use are for redmarks mainly.

Thanks for the advice JC, I shall do that once I make sure that it is permanent. So far, haven't broken out in about two or three weeks. If all goes well, I will change my signature in about two more weeks.

That's awesome labelleen! Best of luck!

"When you smile, the whole world smiles with you" biggrin.gif

Ok so i want to make sure im doing this right....

I mixed 2/4 cups of water with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.

All i did was let it sit for a minute or so then dab my fingers in and spread it on my face like bp. I wasn't sure how much to put on so i went over some parts of my face a couple times. didnt notice too much irritation though, which is good. kinda smells weird though :-s

i use cotton balls

and i'm going to start using it undilouted all over

i have sometimes sensitive/dry skin

but after like 3 weeks i haven't seen any noticable difference

so i'm going to go undilouted and i will let you guys know what's up

Well so far I've been on the vinegar thing for a few days. I just recently changed from white to ACV. However, even though I have mild acne, I'm still getting breakouts. They look like REALLY tiny whiteheads that you might get from shaving or something like that. (Maybe they are from shaving?) Anyway, it does a good job, but for some reason, I'm still experiencing these minor breakouts. I also noticed that ACV doesn't feel as strong as the white vinegar did, and doesn't seem to leave my face red even straight from the bottle.

Anyone know why? Or does ACV have an initial breakout period before working? Someone?

Now that you mention it, I got a couple of zits after I began using it, maybe cause it was drawing out impurities? I heard in the original thread that ACV is the one that works best but I have no idea why. The first week, I used it at least twice a day but more if possible. I think they recommended every couple of hours. I also used it to spot treat existing pimples, I would soak a piece of tissue and apply it to the pimple, let it dry, take it off, soak another one and apply. I would do this a couple of times before going to sleep, I also continued to use BP to stop the bacteria.

Ok, I used Differin for about 3 months (even longer), but I think it just stopped working, and i started to break out. Then, I started using ACV (diluted because i was afraid it would be too strong), and i haven't relly seen an improvement yet. I use it once during the day and once before i go to bed. Now, the problem is that my blackheads are coming back.

What is your experience with blackheads and vinegar???

I honestly did not see any improvement with blackheads. I don't have that many, just in my nose so they don't bother me much. I have noticed though that nothing (and I mean NOTHING) has worked on them. I think you should try ACV undiluted for a little while and see if that makes any difference, I used it undiluted and my pimples went away within days and have been away for 3 weeks, even though I don't use it anymore. It burns your face for about a day and you'll be red but it goes away and it'll get used to the strong ACV.

I've been using white distilled vinegar (thats what I found in the house, didn't pick that specific type for any reason other then that) mixed by 2 parts water 1 part vinegar.

It has helped with the blackheads on my nose, but I think it may be a bit strong for my cheeks because its making me peel. Maybe I'll keep using it like this, a gentle peel of sorts. I'm thinking about using a stronger mix on my nose to dry off more oil because my nose is the oiliest part of my face and starts to shine before anything else usually.

Its deffinately helping with my complexion and evening out skin color, fading red marks. And it dries up the occasional zit I get even quicker then just BP alone. All around good stuff... and even better when a gallon only costs a few dollars. Even if you use it straight up the gallon will last.. what, a year? wink.gif

I'm gonna try using the Vinegar on the little bit of acne on my back, but i'm not going to dilute since the skin is stronger back there. I'll post if it works....

I might just use Differin during the night and vinegar during the day. But my skin is really sensitive, i cannot use undiluted vinegar, at least not yet, ahhh i don't even know what to do any more. Differing during the night and Vinegar during the day, does that sound reasonable???

Also, i forgot to ask, do you leave the vinegar on or wash it off with water?

It's best to leave the vinegar on and allow it to dry. Then apply appropriate topicals. Dilute it moreso if the smell bothers you (or if you're afraid of bothering anyone else!)

Thank you to all of you! I will give vinegar a go. When you used it, did you have any initial brakouts? Or did you see an iprovement right away, and after how long? Sorry for so many questions... but you know how it is with acne sad.gif

For me, I didn't have any initial breakouts. I'm mainly using it to tone down my red/brown marks and scars. THAT definitely is not a quick-fix.