Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sallytomato

What reduces redness fast?

I have an interview coming up early next week but a few cysts on my chin still look pretty red even though I have them injected already. What works in reducing the redness fast? I'm using BHA and BP but they don't seem to make much difference to the redness.

I have an interview coming up early next week but a few cysts on my chin still look pretty red even though I have them injected already. What works in reducing the redness fast? I'm using BHA and BP but they don't seem to make much difference to the redness.

I suffer from cystic acne as well. I am new to this forum. One thing that really helps with redness is to use plain (no sweetener or flavor) yogurt as a face mask. Just spread in on and leave it for 10 or 15 minutes. I do this almost everyday and it really helps irritation and redness.

^That's a new one on me but sounds interesting :)

Using an ice cube to sooth can help but in my experience it's often minimal. Ibuprofen can help too, I recently heard about an applicable gel but haven't had a chance to try that out myself yet.

Ibuprofen can help too

You mean in the form of aspirin mask?

I've only ever used the pills but I'm almost sure I read of people doing the mask...

Pills work ok though, two in the morning and the redness should calm a little, no headaches either. :)

I know it sounds weird but Visine does get the red out! Just like it constricts blood vessels in your eyes, same with pimples. It's not going to be very drastic but enough to make it less noticable - especially under make-up.

I suffer from cystic acne as well. I am new to this forum. One thing that really helps with redness is to use plain (no sweetener or flavor) yogurt as a face mask. Just spread in on and leave it for 10 or 15 minutes. I do this almost everyday and it really helps irritation and redness.

I do this too! I do a yogurt mask (plain yogurt mixed with a bit of honey) almost everyday and it seems to help alot! It sounds strange to put yogurt on your face, but its natural and the bacteria in it help fight your skin irritations, its great :)

Aloe Vera gel reduces redness really fast. Like almost instantly.

This^ I get mine from GNC, its my secret weapon/miracle worker.

what i find also with aloe vera gel is if u apply a thin layer to your whole face it gives it a kinda red glow which temporarily hides things - works for me anyway

@gttubo2 - Hi. Glad you're using Aloe Vera Gel. I am using it as well although I am using the fresh variety. I tried GNC's Aloe as well but Fresh Aloe Vera Gel is really unmatched in it's ability to bring down redness.

Good luck to your journey!