Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
astoria1066

taz and benzoyl peroxide

So I've been on taz .1 gel for 3 and a half weeks, switched over from tretonoin .025 cream. No real initial breakout, just some redness which has dissipated a lot. But ever since I've been on taz my skin has been oily as all get out. Benzoyl peroxide helps keep my skin relatively normal looking. My question is, I know BP and taz can't be used at the same time, but how time between when I was off the BP and I apply taz? Right now I usually wash my face really well with Basis about an hour before I go to bed, then I apply taz right before I get in bed. Does this sound good?

My dermatologist said it was okay to use Tazorac and BP. She suggested I use the BP in the morning (it's actually very good for your skin) and use the Tazorac at night.

My Derm had me use a Gentle Creamy BP wash with the Tazorac, when it became too drying I switched to the Neutrogena Acne stress control and that seems to work well. You can use them together just not at the same time. But a BP face wash, rinse well, pat dry, wait 30 minutes and then apply Tazorac worked well for me and no interaction. I think the problem is with leave on topicals. So why not try something like the Clean and Clear Continuous Face Cleanser with BP in it. It's not a leave on but you get the antibacterial benefits from it.