Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well I've been pretty clear for the past month. I'd say 95%.. one small pimple here and there but that's it I was really happy til now.... today is my girlfriend's birthday and I have dinner with her and HER parents.. and HER friends which I haven't met.. and I broke out for the past 2 days! HAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT this is so....... :doh:

I just laugh but inside I'm very down.

I don't mind what her parents think.. they're nice people... but her friends I donno.. they're going to think "what the heck why is she dating a guy with that horrible face! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..."

:cry:

Her family wont mind/notice. As for her friends, if they are REAL friends they won't care. However, if they do make comments like ''She could do better'' and things like that you should walk away.

Good Luck

I don't think her friends or parents will judge you on your skin, don't let it worry you - be confident in yourself and enjoy meeting them.

I'll admit though that's a bit of a scary set up, can you not bring some friends for moral support?

Her family wont mind/notice. As for her friends, if they are REAL friends they won't care. However, if they do make comments like ''She could do better'' and things like that you should walk away.

Good Luck

Thats the worst advice ive heard on this board in awhile. Lol if her friends dont approve he should walk away? Talk about living your life on the account of strangers jeez.

Dude you will be fine, your breakout cant be that bad unless you woke up with 5 cysts on your face.

The only opinion that should truly matter is your girlfriend's. And if you're going to be meeting her family and friends, then she obviously doesn't care. And if they do, who gives a flying crack monkey? They're not the ones dating you and you're not dating them, so you're on safe ground :)

If they do make any cracks or rude comments about it though, I'm sure she'd make note or at least comfort you--if I were you, I'd let her know about this insecurity so that it doesn't turn into an emotional mess. She loves you, so she'll understand and have your back :D

I'm super nervous about meeting the person that I like--we haven't seen each other. We met through our friend on Facebook, so at least we both know the other is real. I was freaking out at first, because he models. He freaking models and I'm expected to believe him when he says he doesn't care if I have acne because it doesn't change who I am?

But then I remember, Why would I want someone who wouldn't want me just because of my acne? On the other hand, you've already found this person who adores you despite this. The people that surround her life... Their opinions shouldn't matter as much, especially not to you. So chillax, sit back, and don't trip, m'dear.