Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cmelvin

acne just on forehead?!?

basically out of the blue this summer at age 31 i started suffering from moderate acne (10-15 pimples at a time) ONLY on my forehead.

been struggling through a lot of dietary eliminations, none of which have worked yet. what really baffles me is why it is just on my forehead, and nowhere else on my face or body?

in addition to the dietary changes (no eggs for months, recently gave up all dairy) i have done the following forehead related changes for the past several weeks and am still breaking out on my forehead.

- stopped wearing a hat

- use no hair gel

- wash pillowcases more often

- take shower and shampoo at night

does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this forehead only acne? this is really getting frustrating!

Try drinking carrot juice (freshly made if possible) every day for a a week or two. A few years ago, I had horrible forehead acne, and carrot juice permanently cleared it up. Apparently forehead acne is often related to the liver, and carrot juice is good for cleansing the liver.

Try drinking carrot juice (freshly made if possible) every day for a a week or two. A few years ago, I had horrible forehead acne, and carrot juice permanently cleared it up. Apparently forehead acne is often related to the liver, and carrot juice is good for cleansing the liver.

I've heard forehead acne is hormonal; then again everyone's got an opinion and unfortunately there's little science out there to back things like this up.

Best advice I can offer is to cut down to a whole-foods based diet; avoid processed foods (I would add exceptions here though; for instance, traditionally made gluten-free sausages, unpasteurized lacto-fermented vegetables, traditional sourdough bread, etc.) and if at all possible prepare your food/meals yourself as much as possible using quality ingredients, that way you know exactly what you're eating. Also, try to figure out the diet that's best suited to you, as experience & reading these forums tells me that there's no single perfect diet out there; everyone is different.

Does it look anything like this:

http://www.cfpc.ca/cfp/2005/Apr/_images/cme_2_pic4.jpg

If yes, you might you have fungal folliculitis and not acne. I had it for years and switched everything in my lifestyle around without success. It does not respond to normal acne medication. I got rid of it by washing twice a day with an anti-dandruff shampoo like Nizoral. I lathered up, left it on for 3-5 minutes then rinsed off.

Good luck!

I am having this problem lately! In the pst 3 months I have been breakign out badly on my forhead and it used to be the clearest part of my face! WTF?? It's really buggin me...

http://www.cfpc.ca/cfp/2005/Apr/_images/cme_2_pic4.jpg

If yes, you might you have fungal folliculitis and not acne. I had it for years and switched everything in my lifestyle around without success. It does not respond to normal acne medication. I got rid of it by washing twice a day with an anti-dandruff shampoo like Nizoral. I lathered up, left it on for 3-5 minutes then rinsed off.

Good luck!

i suffer from a fungal infection (seborrheic dermatitis), but that picture is not what my forehead looks like.

on the forehead, i have straight up acne. large pimples forming under the skin that eventually turn into whiteheads. it's just strange given how sudden and extreme the appearance of acne ONLY ON MY FOREHEAD!?!? was here in my 30's. especially since forehead specific activities (no hat, no skin products, changing pillowcases often) have had no effect.

I feel like the general consensus on forehead acne is that it's related to constipation/bad digestion (which in turn takes a huge toll on the liver.)

Since you're in your thirties now, there could be some blockage going on, possibly. Maybe colon-hydrotherapy would be a good option for you, it'd be easier than drinking carrot juice all the time.

"Hormonal" acne is usually a cheek/chin/jawline issue, I think this because when women break out before their period it is usually in those places specifically.

is it just me, or whenever you begin to have acne it always starts at the forehead? it seems that my acne started at the forehead, and just went down my face and now i only break out around my chin and lower jaw and my forehead is clear.

is it just me, or whenever you begin to have acne it always starts at the forehead? it seems that my acne started at the forehead, and just went down my face and now i only break out around my chin and lower jaw and my forehead is clear.

This is exactly what happened to me. Except my neck is off and on.

I'm having the same problem. I'm a 23 year old male. I've never had it this bad.......My forehead hasnt been clear for more then 4 months.......I've tried every acne product out there non seem to work. No where else on my face do I have pimples just my forhead.

Any advice would be nice :)

This is exactly what happened to me. Except my neck is off and on.

x2

For me just wash your face daily and avoid eating oily foods. If this doesn't work consult a doctor.

-------------------------------

Have you taken any form of Antibiotics in the past year because that definitely may be the reason for your problem. It would initially be due to an imbalance of your candida.

Guest DireStraits

I've got most of my acne concentrated on my forehead for some unknown reason as well. Once I get enough cash i'll try probiotics and see if it helps my forehead acne.

I've heard forehead acne is hormonal; then again everyone's got an opinion and unfortunately there's little science out there to back things like this up.

Best advice I can offer is to cut down to a whole-foods based diet; avoid processed foods (I would add exceptions here though; for instance, traditionally made gluten-free sausages, unpasteurized lacto-fermented vegetables, traditional sourdough bread, etc.) and if at all possible prepare your food/meals yourself as much as possible using quality ingredients, that way you know exactly what you're eating. Also, try to figure out the diet that's best suited to you, as experience & reading these forums tells me that there's no single perfect diet out there; everyone is different.

where did you hear that from?

i've read many years ago on a post here that forehead acne is attributed by stress. hormonal is more on the cheek and lower chin level. i can vouch for it because i took some hormonal pills and i broke out severely (cyst) on my lower chin level.

http://www.cfpc.ca/cfp/2005/Apr/_images/cme_2_pic4. jpg

Good luck!

My forehead looks exactly like this! It started to develop about 3 weeks after I went on minocycline and has persisted for two months after stopping it. I've tried exfoliation and apple cider vinegar with no success - and it's really weird, because my cheeks/nose/jawline are almost perfectly clear (after changing diet) but my forehead continues to have those tiny bumps, which occasionally break out, and feels very rough, I can't run my fingers accross it without feeling tiny bumps and things.

I asked my doctor if it could be folliculitis or something non-acne but he said something like "it's unusual to have hair follicles on the forehead"

Does anyone have more information on how to deal with this? I'd really appreciate it, because it's the last thing on my face bothering me.

The Forehead isn't as sensitive as other parts of the body, so it can withstand more. What works for me usually is cleaning 2x a day with Dans cleanser then AHA.