Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Entwined

Clogged pores.. bumpy skin. It never ends. [pics]

I'm a bit hesitant to post pics.. but I need help and was wondering if anyone has similar problems.

I also have a lot of pigmentation marks from picking.. as you can see. I've been trying my hardest to not pick but it's really difficult when I have to deal with all these clogged pores. The pics are a bit blurry (sorry) and don't really show the true extent of the problem. Basically when I wash my face I can feel them everywhere - chin mostly, around the mouth, nose (have to deal with blackheads as well), inner cheeks. The only place where it's not so bad is my forehead.

Can anyone relate? Have you found anything that has helped?

And I just wanna point out that the current condition of my skin is the result of trying new and different products which I thought would help my skin but only made it worse. A few years ago, I used to have to deal with acne worse then this but I got it under control and I had a routine which worked. During that time my skin was good, but I was never content with it. Always searching for imperfections and trying products which I thought I would be better off using long-term (BP was getting a bad rap). BIG MISTAKE. Anyway, all I wanted to say was that if you find what you're doing is working, don't change anything!

post-8070-1223024176_thumb.jpg post-8070-1223024189_thumb.jpg post-8070-1223024200_thumb.jpg

post-8070-1223024176_thumb.jpg

post-8070-1223024189_thumb.jpg

post-8070-1223024200_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I hope this site hasn't warped you too much. Your skin looks nice compared to most of the severe acne usually seen here.

If you skin is bothering you, book straight in to a dermatologist, look in the yellow pages.

I have very mild acne, but like yourself, oily skin, it drives me crazy. I put off going to the dermatologist for too long because I felt I didn't have the right to go. I saw a doctor first and he said I shouldn't need a dermatologist, and then prescribed medication that did not work. A regular doctor is not going to know enough to help you. My regular doctor was a waste of my time and money.

A dermatologist will cost about $100 - $150 in NZ. which is cheap considering how much you may spend over the years on things that won't work, and the peace of mind from tackling your issues correctly .... priceless.

This is my first post.

My skin looks almost exactly like yours. I tried the B5 thing for a while, which helped somewhat, but I am not sure why it helped. I stopped because I didn't like taking 20 pills everyday. If that doesn't bother you though, then might try it.

Also, people on here rave about Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid treatments. I tried the 2% Lotion, but it gave me huge pimples, painful to the touch. It might work for you though, but I recommend starting out with the 1% and phasing up to 2%.

You probably already knew all that though. But, otherwise, in the meantime, if you discover anything else that is effective, please post it.

First of all, your skin looks great. Really!

I have almost the exact same problem that you are having; once I managed to clear up the red, inflamed acne in my T-zone, I suddenly developed these flesh-colored bumps on my cheeks and chin. I feel like maybe it's hormonal because they tend to crop up the week before I start my period and then gradually shrink later on during the month. Squeezing them sometimes helps, but more often than not I end up not extracting any gunk and just leaving a red mark.

If you suspect hormones to be the culprit, my advice would be either to go on the birth control pill or to take an anti-inflammatory every day the week prior to your period (naproxen/aleve works best for me).

Right now I am also having some luck reducing the number of these bumps with soaps and masks made out of papaya enzymes. The soap I use is called Likas Papaya soap and is a product of the Phillipines (I buy it online for about $3 per bar). The mask is from Makeup Artists Choice and is called Triple Enzyme Peel ($22). You can also purchase the enzymes from websites like Garden of Wisdom and make your own products. Good luck to you!

Same thing happened to me! I tried tons and tons of products to achieve flawless skin and then in one week my skin was covered in hundred little bumps. I did alot of research and it says that using alot of products weekens your skin and makes it more vulnerable to bad breakouts. Also if you have sensitive skin, it makes you break out terribly. So anyways one day I was looking at my brother skin ( lol weird I know) and I realized that he had flawless skinn but he only used cetaphil. So starting about 2 weeks ago all ive been using is rub cetaphil gentle skin clanser in too my skin for abouta minute then wash it off. About 75% of my bumps are gone now and my skin tone is getting better and better. I guess the clanser is realy gentle so it doesnt mess with your skin.

Hope this helps!

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one having to deal with these annoying bumps!

I try exfoliating by using cleansers with microbeads in them and sometimes I just squeeze them out but I guess it causes more because of the enlarged pores. I've also started getting microdermabrasion treatments (once every week) and my skin feels soft afterwards but the bumps are still there.

I was thinking of extracting them all, basically clear all the pores and then tighten them somehow with a cleanser/toner. "Pore Refining Cleanser/Toner" by Neutrogena seems to be getting nice reviews but it seems like the results are shown in a month or so and my pores would probably clog up by then and i'll get even more bumps.

I really want to get rid of them by not extracting them somehow......I think extracting them causes more to show up because bacteria will clog them up more easily because of the increase in size.

Wow, I didn't help at all.. Just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one so don't worry! and when I miraculously find a cure for this, I'll tell you!

i remember when my skin was EXACTLY liek that. until like 5 months ago when all of hell broke loose on my skin. and slowly turned into sever acne.

im 15. and people will say "your going through puberty now".

but no.

i lost my voice in 5th grade. and got my first pimple in 5th grade. started getting acne on the back and chest in 7th grade. and everythign remained the same until second semester of freshmen year.

ohh boyy.

accutane here i come.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one having to deal with these annoying bumps!

I try exfoliating by using cleansers with microbeads in them and sometimes I just squeeze them out but I guess it causes more because of the enlarged pores. I've also started getting microdermabrasion treatments (once every week) and my skin feels soft afterwards but the bumps are still there.

I was thinking of extracting them all, basically clear all the pores and then tighten them somehow with a cleanser/toner. "Pore Refining Cleanser/Toner" by Neutrogena seems to be getting nice reviews but it seems like the results are shown in a month or so and my pores would probably clog up by then and i'll get even more bumps.

I really want to get rid of them by not extracting them somehow......I think extracting them causes more to show up because bacteria will clog them up more easily because of the increase in size.

Wow, I didn't help at all.. Just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one so don't worry! and when I miraculously find a cure for this, I'll tell you!

Please don't try to extract it yourself! You'll just damage your skin. There are estheticians who will do it, but make sure you get someone experienced.

Using all those exfoliators and squeezing them is probably what is causing some of them and making it worse.

Please don't try to extract it yourself! You'll just damage your skin. There are estheticians who will do it, but make sure you get someone experienced.

Using all those exfoliators and squeezing them is probably what is causing some of them and making it worse.

Ya, don't over exfoliate! Like once a week or twice a month is ok to do so. I use to hate touching my face, it always made me depressed! The BEST thing my dermatologist ever told me was Extra Virgin Olive Oil... Put a teeny tiny amount (if you could manage full coverage with just a few drops would be best) of it on at night, and I'm not kidding; the next morning your skin will feel soooo smooth! Cetiphil works well for this because of the Macadamia nut oil and shea butter.

I PROMISE that EVOO will not make your skin oily the next day (in fact EVOO actually got rid of my oily skin) and will not cause acne or clog pores!

Ya, don't over exfoliate! Like once a week or twice a month is ok to do so. I use to hate touching my face, it always made me depressed! The BEST thing my dermatologist ever told me was Extra Virgin Olive Oil... Put a teeny tiny amount (if you could manage full coverage with just a few drops would be best) of it on at night, and I'm not kidding; the next morning your skin will feel soooo smooth! Cetiphil works well for this because of the Macadamia nut oil and shea butter.

I PROMISE that EVOO will not make your skin oily the next day (in fact EVOO actually got rid of my oily skin) and will not cause acne or clog pores!

My skin is a little dried out and itchy from this cleanser I was using (that I stopped!). Aloe Vera didn't help much. I'm thinking about trying EVOO (since I have it in the house) until I get Jojoba oil. Did it help your acne? What about whiteheads/blackheads? (:

My skin is a little dried out and itchy from this cleanser I was using (that I stopped!). Aloe Vera didn't help much. I'm thinking about trying EVOO (since I have it in the house) until I get Jojoba oil. Did it help your acne? What about whiteheads/blackheads? (:

EVOO Helped some of my acne ( I think that there are diff types of acne, EVOO got rid of the non stubborn acne and all the little bumps). Then I started to make my own moisturizer with EVOO, Jojoba, and lavender essential oil in it, that got rid of a lot more acne; and then spot treating with Tea Tree Oil got rid of the rest of it… For black heads and enlarged pores I use a mix of one part Apple Cider Vinegar to 8 parts distilled water, it took like 6 months to get rid of all my black heads… Castile soap is a good cleanser that wont dry out your skin.

I hope that this will be helpful to you :-) I would like to know what you think of EVOO after you tried it...

EVOO Helped some of my acne ( I think that there are diff types of acne, EVOO got rid of the non stubborn acne and all the little bumps). Then I started to make my own moisturizer with EVOO, Jojoba, and lavender essential oil in it, that got rid of a lot more acne; and then spot treating with Tea Tree Oil got rid of the rest of it… For black heads and enlarged pores I use a mix of one part Apple Cider Vinegar to 8 parts distilled water, it took like 6 months to get rid of all my black heads… Castile soap is a good cleanser that wont dry out your skin.

I hope that this will be helpful to you :-) I would like to know what you think of EVOO after you tried it...

Hmm.. I'll try the EVOO before I go to bed. I might give that Apple Cider Vinegar a go after my face settles down.

Castile soap? Soap tends to clog your pores. Eek I think that would be way too harsh for my sensitive skin. But if it works for you that's great =D

I'll let you know (:

Castile soap is "true" soap and is made only with soaponified organic oils. Most manufactured soaps (even cleansers) have detergents in them (because it's cheap) and ARE too harsh, especially for sensitive skin... I was really surprised with how gentile it is. Can’t wait to hear from you :-)