Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vybe

Need suggestions (please read)

I'm 17, senior in highschool, about one month through accutane. I explained the medication to my boss and the side effects, one of them being my back. I haven't been in alot of pain in my back yet except for one day at work. Whenever I bent down and got back up I had to take a breather. I work at Boston Market and we get our shipments in on Sundays and he wants me to open. The boxes are pretty heavy, like 50-60 lbs and there are at least 20-30 of them and a bunch of other boxes. I have to rotate all the other boxes too so I'm sure it will be a big pain and could make my back pain alot worse. I asked him if I could have the option of not opening because of my problem and he insists it won't do anything. He says it will just "effect the muscles in my back." Wtf does that mean? He's a real dick and doesn't care about anyone at work. I'm not risking destroying my back for this. I need help?

Not to worry. I lift heavy weights 4 days a week. Just don't get involved in any impact activities and you'll be fine.

i think youll be fine. i use to lift also, but now i do mma. im pretty sore from that but im passed halfway through my course. hang in there, just make sure you life everything properly with the right form and you should be okay. lift with your legs and keep your back straight. see if you have a dolly at work, to help ease with the transporting of the boxes from place to another.

I hear fish oil pills can help with joint pain. As for your boss's comment, lifting and carrying heavy objects puts stress on both your joints and your muscles, so his point is moot. As long as you're not in severe pain, it should be fine. I'd ask your doc if it gets bad. All the best!