Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimmyloz

Had another breakout today and fed up...your words will be greatly appreciated

i'm so sick of feeling like crap and like everyone is staring at my skin! i have cystic acne and i'm just sick of coming home every night and washing my face and taking pills that dont freakin' work! even my dad was asking my mom what happened to my skin cuz it used to be so nice...yeah that hurt. i just wanna know the experiences of some folks cuz the side effects list for that stuff goes on and on....and so do the scars on my face :mad: i'm just soooo frustrated and i wanna feel like a normal person again!

post-82268-1222999457_thumb.jpg

post-82268-1222999468_thumb.jpg

post-82268-1222999457_thumb.jpg

post-82268-1222999468_thumb.jpg

I feel you ;)

I got the occasional pimples here and there randomly... i don't even know what causes them anymore so i just give up using products and stuff. I just use regular soap and water: Morning, Afternoon, and before bed.

I am a fan of mirrors, and some mirrors make me look good and others are just horrible. I have plenty of marks (not scars) of previous acne that takes like a month or so to "blend" with the rest of my skin, and this is the most trouble i have. It's not the pimples. I can take one or two at a time, but combine those with the ugly red/black marks, and i just look like a disaster. I also get some red spots sorta like some minor burn marks (it looks like a pinkish patch). But what can i do... Sometimes i get so pissed of at what i see, that i get this very severe rage running through me wanting to break my head in the mirror.

I don't know if people look at me, maybe they do and maybe they don't. But how can you know if you're not looking at them? If they're looking at you, then that means you're looking at them as well, else you wouldn't know if they were looking at you... get me? (I think i said it too confusing, lol). Besides, if you look at them, they'll also probably wonder why you're looking at them... lol

I believe we all share the same angry feelings at why this happened to us, just as those with cancer, and HIV's, and other deadly diseases cry over it... Aren't you at least grateful you have something that'll eventually go away, unlike those diseases i mentioned? I am... and hope all of us are too.

You are a beautiful girl (from what i can see :wub: ). Trust me, i thought my acne was bad, you think your acne is bad... but when you realize there's other people with worse acne than both of us combined... you'll know your acne isn't really that bad...

We all wanna feel like normal again... This day, last year... my skin was as clear as the skin of those people you hate because they don't have acne... Sometimes i stop to wonder why this happened... what could've triggered my damn pimples to pop by the dozens (that was back then, now i get a few). Was it maybe the girl i was with? Maybe because i started college? Maybe because my sleep changed? I'd sure like to know. Wouldn't you?

End.

i'm so sick of feeling like crap and like everyone is staring at my skin! i have cystic acne and i'm just sick of coming home every night and washing my face and taking pills that dont freakin' work! even my dad was asking my mom what happened to my skin cuz it used to be so nice...yeah that hurt. i just wanna know the experiences of some folks cuz the side effects list for that stuff goes on and on....and so do the scars on my face :mad: i'm just soooo frustrated and i wanna feel like a normal person again!

I just started Accutane 4 days ago, my skin used to be beautiful, and will be again-finally! i've tried everything, dermabrasion, 100 different products(including proactive, and other numerous guaranteed acne products), antibiotics, hollistic stuff through my allergist. i know how frustrating it is, i've been considering accutane for a year and i finally decided since i've tried everything it's worth a shot! i wish you luck with whatever you try, keep in touch-if you want, ill let you know how this accutane works for me?! :)

I just started Accutane 4 days ago, my skin used to be beautiful, and will be again-finally! i've tried everything, dermabrasion, 100 different products(including proactive, and other numerous guaranteed acne products), antibiotics, hollistic stuff through my allergist. i know how frustrating it is, i've been considering accutane for a year and i finally decided since i've tried everything it's worth a shot! i wish you luck with whatever you try, keep in touch-if you want, ill let you know how this accutane works for me?! :)

yeah it's weird. i had perfect skin my whole damn life til i was 23, then out of what seemed like nowhere, BAM! i looked horrible! i wish i could sit here and say i'm not vain and i dont judge other people when i look at them. i think that's a human flaw we all have. but i judge myself much much much much more and its that reason that i'm depressed and frustrated and confused and angry! maybe if i were one of those people who'd had acne early on and had been dealing with it for most of my life then it wouldn't seem like such a big deal anymore, but it's those damn pictures that get me. you know, the ones where you look freakin' amazing and you wish you looked like that again! and these are recent pics too, so it's even more infuriating! i'm going to do everything i can to learn more about my acne and i will keep in touch with you about the accutane! i go to the derm at the end of the month. what kind of acne do you have? any cysts under the skin? cuz them suckers are sooo painful! i'm curious about alot of things accutane related and i wont bore you with my questions tonight, so we'll just talk again later. but seriously, keep in touch! both of you are awesome for making me feel like a human again and not a social outcast! dont know what i'd do without this site...... :razz:

dont feel bad kimmy, you're still beautiful. hope this makes u feel better but....i have the biggest cyst ever i think now....had it for almost a week and 2day i got mad and popped it but it was a challenge and all these blood came out, and i feel like its not fully popped and its still kinda soft now as if there still puss inside or blood...and i was clear for like 3 months then right after i got back from texas i had this. i dont even wanna go outside cuz this thing is so huge. and you're a normal person. just member everyone has acne too ur not the only one, theres people with worser acne out there. :D

I don't know what kind of acne i have...

I rarely get the painful under the skin cyst. Other times i get a not-so-painful "something" and it's small, and takes forever to get away even with BP on it... It seems BP makes even the small pimples worse because they leave a dark discoloration in my skin for longer than if i just left it alone... Which is what im doing now.. no BP for now.

I wish i had a camera and could take pics.. i only have pics when i was clear...

Bah. well i dont know. I have heard some horror stories about accutane. I've never tried i, I've never even been to a derm. but i come to this site a lot. My acne is pretty mild but before trying accutane, I think you should do a search for the B5 vitamin on here. I just ordered some and apparently it has the same success rate as Accutane... and barely any side effects. I really can't wait to try it, and hope for once that something actually gets rid of these infuriating pimples. And also, I don't think you would feel differently if you had acne before.

I had moderate acne when I was in my early/mid teens. Now I am almost 20 and it is mild, but it bothers me more now than it ever did then. I think cause when you're in high school so many other people have acne too that it's not such a big deal. Now, every little zit just pisses me off.

you guys are all super amazing! i cant tell you how glad i am to have found this site either! i wanna know more about that b5 stuff you're talking about. and thanks for the compliment, i used to be the most optimistic person out there, always smiling for no good reason. but when acne happens it seems to change everything about you from the inside out. i dont really even have a life anymore because i'm so consumed with this crap! literally i come home everyday and go on this page before i even go to my myspace page! i'm always researching crap (trying to tune down the cussing...haha!) on google and looking for alternatives to accutane cuz i know how bad it can be on your body and i work out alot so joint pain is not an option! anyone read that crazy stuff about the demodex mites?!?!? wtf????? i'm still a little confused about that but we can discuss that later....LOL. anyways i will be here everyday so i hope to hear from all of you again.....and let me know more about that b5. seriously, where did it come from? :dance:

you guys are all super amazing! i cant tell you how glad i am to have found this site either! i wanna know more about that b5 stuff you're talking about. and thanks for the compliment, i used to be the most optimistic person out there, always smiling for no good reason. but when acne happens it seems to change everything about you from the inside out. i dont really even have a life anymore because i'm so consumed with this crap! literally i come home everyday and go on this page before i even go to my myspace page! i'm always researching crap (trying to tune down the cussing...haha!) on google and looking for alternatives to accutane cuz i know how bad it can be on your body and i work out alot so joint pain is not an option! anyone read that crazy stuff about the demodex mites?!?!? wtf????? i'm still a little confused about that but we can discuss that later....LOL. anyways i will be here everyday so i hope to hear from all of you again.....and let me know more about that b5. seriously, where did it come from? :dance:

I'm in the same boat you are. I'm 24 and after having really good skin all my life, I developed moderate/severe acne 3 months ago. Can I ask, how long you've had acne? I considered taking Accutane in the beginning but decided against it because I got it under control, even though I'm not completely clear from my old acne. Your acne don't look very severe in the pics but I'd just like to stress that THEIR IS alternatives but I think these alternatives work best when you haven't have acne for an extremely long time. I used to go on this site a lot more before but after a while, I got overwhelmed with all the diferent opinions. Once you find out what works to get your acne under control you'll feel a lot better. Nothing works over night and just remember, it's all going to take time.

hey. i felt your pain, about 3 months ago.

I'm starting my 3rd month of accutane, and my face is CLEAR. Nothing left but marks, I wakeup and sometimes don't even run straight to the mirror.

Start accutane, it will be over in 5 months before acne completely ruins the time you have as a young adult.

My side effects:

Dry Skin

Dry Lips

Lower Back Pain

Nothing I couldn't deal with for the rest of MY LIFE to stay acne free.

Go on accutane, and I swear you will NEVER regret it.

I alos have had the same problem as you guys. I had very mild acne until about 3 minths after my 21st b-day. Then around early Feb thuis year my face started breaking out in cysts and such. Ever since then I have been to the derm multiple times. They have given me the run around with creams and antibiotics, which worked when taken in large doses, however you can't take antiobiotics forever. I tried all types of differnt products I mostly saw reviewed on this website. Nothing has helped long term and here I am sitting here breaking out everywhere on my face. Which is odd cause usually I just have certain trouble spots and I am fed up with it. Ever since Feb acne has been beating me down and beating me down till now it's basically ruining my life. I have a derm appointment Tues and he IS giving me accutane. there has been horror stories but just reading reviews and what not here it def seems to be more of a lifesaver than a nuisance. I'll def come back an update if it was worth taking or not. I seem to see a pattern of people not getting cystic acne etc until they hit their early to mid twenties. I wonder if there is a scientific reason for that?

i am sooooooooo glad that i'm not the only one!! ok, so here's my story. i had the most beautiful skin ever, never really even had pimples that often. tight pores, no oil. then we moved fifteen miles down the road and me and my ex-boyfriend had a traumatic breakup and BOOM! it started with one, then two, then six, then i started getting cysts! i'll tell ya what, there's something going on and i'm not alone dammit! it really sux because you know you weren't like this most of your life, ya know? it's really been a heartbreaking journey for me, i mean i literally never realized how vain and insecure i was all over a few cysts on my face! to other people it may not seem so bad, but when its you facing the world with a face full of cysts that make your cheeks hurt when you smile, or even see out of the corner of your eye, man, that's rough! it makes me feel bad for the folks who've had it most their lives like since teens. i cannot imagine what that must have been like and if i ever once judged someone for having acne before i got mine, i feel terrible! but now i just judge myself the most! but hey, noone's perfect, right?

i am going to see my derm again at the end of this month. she said, in the four short minutes she talked to me, the last visit that i may not even be a candidate because of my stomach issues. idk guys, all im sayin is if i dont improve enough to be satisfied, i'm funna beg her for it, or get a second opinion.

o, had a bad day today. found out ex has new gf....never good to the self esteem...:(

Word to you...accusavedme....maybe one day i'll be singing the same tune

did you guys ever pick at your face or touch it alot? i remember i used to do that all the time, a now i cant even touch it without breaking out in the spot i touched!! crazy!

Your pics look just like my face - I break out in the exact same places. I was on Accutane once in high school and the only problem I had was dry lips. It cleared up my skin and I have never had a problem until now, 10 years later. It is not as severe as it was when I was 16, but it is getting there. I am under the care of a dermatologist--she started me with a sulfur face wash, anti-biotic and Retin-A. It definitely helped and got better, but not clear. At my 4-month follow-up she reccomended chemical peels and microderm. Well, over $1,000 later my skin is still the same and I think even worse. I have been getting the chem peels and microderm for over 3 months and some weeks it is OK and the next week it is a disaster. My next derm appt. is on Tuesday and I am just going to ask her to put me on Accutane. I am sick of the break-outs and as soon as I think it is getting better--I break out again and of course that means new marks. I feel the same way as you--it totally consumes you! I enjoy going out with friends and doing things--but I don't want anyone to see how awful my face is, it has made me such a hermit recently! A few weeks ago I tried one more product--Karin Herzog - it is from Switzerland and treats acne by giving oxygen to the skin, without drying it out. It is pricey, though--$56-$70 for their Oxygen Face and Vita-Kombi creams. It seemed to start working but then this week I just broke out again. So, Accutane it is. Hope you're feeling a bit better!!