Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
permanentdaylight

I want to NOT have to put on makeup first thing in the morning.

no one has seen me without makeup for about 8 years!! I've had acne since i was 11. I'm 21 now. It's pretty bad.... i have to wear makeup alll the time. the first thing i do when i wake up is go to the shower and after i lock myself in the bathroom until my "face" is put on. hah.

i am just so embarrassed and find it very sad that i can't have a naked face in front of anybody.

i hope so badly that one day i can wake up acne-free, and go straight to the kitchen and make breakfast in front of my family and not have to cover up my entire face before i do this.

back in high school, whenever my boyfriend slept over.. i would wash my face and then put a little but more on before i went to bed. so i could wash off the old stuff at least and then just barely cover it so he didn't run off when he saw me in the morning. it would make my skin a tiny bit worse i suppose, by leaving a bit on when i went to sleep, but honestly.... not a lot worse at all. it can't be much worse when its so bad to begin with!

it takes me almost 2 hours some days to get my makeup looking "natural" which is very hard believe me, when you have so much crap to cover up.

im just sick of this all. i wish i was a natural beauty like all of my friends.

I relate to this 100%. I wish I could seriously wake up and be happy in the skin I'm in. It takes me forever to get my makeup perfect, I'll wash it off and then put it back on and then wash it off again and so on and so on just to get my face looking perfect. I'm tired of it. ):

I'm so sick of hiding behind make-up.. I did not have this problem when me and my boyfriend met so it makes things hard for me sexually when I hate the way I look, how can someone possible want to look at me or even touch me.. It's hard to love someone when you don't love yourself.. I was thinking about it the other day.. If me and my current ever break up how will I ever be able to find another boyfriend? Me walking around with make up is false advertising.. Yeah I look decent with the makeup on, but waking up next to me is not pretty..

yes it is very frustrating to not be able to just feel comfortable with anyone in your 'natural state.'

and no i have not tried accutane... i have an appointment with my derm at the end of the month and im going to ask if i can go on it...

i know how you feel.

i will not go out in public without makeup. not even without eye makeup. i hate it, but i've come to terms with it. i have this disease, it has left me with scars and hyper pigmentation, and yes i'm putting up a front, but to me, acne took away my real face, & i won't let it take away my fake one. cheesy, but that's how i feel.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

Every morning I wake up like super-early so I can shower and spend like half an hour just putting makeup on...people think I'm crazy but I don't think I could ever go to school without makeup on.

Ask yourself why you can't go out without make-up? What are you scared of?

Unless your hanging about with supermodels or goddesses you won't be the only one with acne. Maybe all of your friends wear loads of make up too, perhaps your all deceiving one another into being so insecure that you each have to cover up every morning?

completely understand.

i feel forced to wear foundation cuz my forehead from all the acne and products is seriosuly like 4x shade darker than the rest of my face. and i have all these dumb [email protected] it sucks especially when you have friends that always wanna hang out late at night and you just wanna wash your face lol

I despise makeup too. It's exhausting having to get up early with plenty of time to spare before going out, day in day out, just to ensure that you have enough time in which to try and make yourself look presentable.

A year or so ago I managed to break out of my reliance on makeup and was able to go out here and there bare-faced. Now I find myself coming back to it again because I feel I need to at least try to make my skin look better. What depresses me most though, is that even with makeup I still look terrible; my main problem is scarring and textural damage, so makeup just tends to accentuate rather than hide my flaws, no matter how skillfully it's applied. But somehow or other I keep trying to convince myself that I'm doing a good job and making myself look much better (it works sometimes - up until you accidentally catch a glimpse of yourself somewhere...).

Of course, I'd still hate the idea that I was wearing some sort of a 'mask', but, I just wish so badly that I could at least look semi-decent with the aid of cosmetic products. I'd happily get up at unearthly hours of the morning if I knew I could improve my appearance with makeup instead of just making myself look worse and caked-up. As it is, I have to choose between looking naturally awful and looking made-up, i.e. 'she's obviously trying to cover up bad skin - and done a terrible job of it' awful. It's extremely depressing & tiring.

Another thing... at the moment too, I'm nursing an extremely sore and red face from over-washing due to making several attempts to successfully apply makeup decently. Many times in the past I've ended up doing this... applying and re-applying makeup numerous times before finally giving up and not bothering to go out anyway - leaving me yet more depressed and with an even more aggravated face.

:doubt:

I feel the same way :( I wish i could wake up and feel pretty! I've realized that no matter how pretty your hair looks or what nice clothes you have your face will be the first people look at ... and if that's not pretty....then ur not 'pretty'. If i only had clear skin, i'd be so happy!

This is my exact main problem. When I was younger, my acne didn't bother me half as much. I always said that as long as I could cover it up and no one could see it then it didn't matter. Now that i'm older though, it's not the case. There are sooo many times I wish I didn't have to put on make up.

When your friends spontaneously call you later in the night and you've already washed your face off. You've either got to spend the next half hour or so re-applying or you don't get to go. This is my biggest problem. My friends think I just don't want to go out late at night when they call because I have to work in the morning. In reality- it's because it would take so much time to put on my make up, go out, come home and wash it all off again, and then not get enough sleep for my skin to heal properly....

When a guy you like asks you to sleep over but he's never seen the real you so you dont want to. the thought of waking up next to a guy whose never seen my real face terrifies me. I was with my boyfriend before for 3 years so it didnt bother me with him but since we've broken up I cant bring myself to sleep over with another guy because I'm terrified of what he will think in the morning.

When you're out and you didn't plan on drinking but then the opportunity presents itself but you dont have your face wash and everything and you dont want to wake up to a bunch of people with an acne-covered face.

Ugghh. This has been my goal recently to eliminate make up. I also believe its the reason I have acne in the first place. Oddly enough, I only have acne on my cheeks and jaw/chin area...so I only wear make up on my cheek/jaw area. Do I wear make up there because I have acne, or do I have acne because I wear make up there?? I've never been able to not wear make up to see if thats the case...

I know exactly what everyone's feeling. I especially hate it when people ask, "why do you wear makeup? I don't know how you bother". Honestly, if they knew what I was feeling, they'd understand. I hate feeling insecure everytime I'm in a weird lighting or something, and I feel like everyone can see that I'm blatantly wearing makeup. I'm going on Accutane soon so I'm hoping this problem will be history.. we'll see though.

Agh, I absolutely relate to this. I typically apply my makeup under moderately low light, just because I'd end up using my entire concealer pot if I didn't. I'll leave my house thinking I look fine, get to work, and realize my makeup has done virtually NOTHING about covering up my scarring/acne. Not to mention how greasy everything gets in a matter of hours.

I thought I was the only one doing this... I guess not. I hate it when I "accidentally" catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror. It was worse when I used to work in the local school district... Children (you know how they are =/ ) would ask me "why do you wear make-up?" I always tried to ignore these questions, but how can you??? I mean people act like we don't know what we are doing. OF COARSE WE DO! And I say it sometimes like it has to be said "Honestly I know you wouldn't want to see me with out it, so get used to it!"

Anddddd come on... I know I spend SOOOOOOOOO much money on make-up. My mom's always asking "we need to go get more make-up? but you just bought some last week!" ... That's my mineral powder... *sigh* I always have to be stocked up about 2 extras just in case my clumsy self manages to accidentally dump some somewhere or if I lose the stupid bottle. It's worse now that I lost my job. I literally am spending most of my savings on make-up. HOW PATHETIC!

At the same time I feel like @ least I can hide it with make-up, but I also feel like it's a curse. It's like a drug, you know it's wrong but you can't stop using it.

I wish someone would invent some make up that WORKED lol cuz I seriously hate it.

Wish I had insurance so I could get accutane. *sigh* I can't even find a stupid job. =[

I'm glad I'm letting this out, I never talk about this with anyone.... Well IG2G, I need to take off my make up and do my routine.

yea although i know i must sometimes look so stupid with tons of makeup on, i know it looks better than nasty red pimples and dark spots... the worst is i have oily skin so it kinda wears off as the day goes on and i have to reapply throughout the day!!! sometimes i have to take it off and just start over again in the middle of the day. ugghh its sick but its necessary for me to feel at least semi-normal.

My skin used to be super oily, so I couldn't get any makeup to stay on. Instead, I'd opt to stay in the house most days. Now that I'm on Accutane, the oiliness has subsided, so I can at least wear makeup now. I don't know what I'd do without it when it comes to cysts and red marks. It's not nearly as nice looking as clear skin will be, but it lends me a bit of confidence that I wouldn't normally have at the moment.

I used to be just like that. And that was when I thought I was taking really good care of my skin. I didnt put loads of makeup on or anything but I would spend a long time just trying to make me look natural. SOmewhat recently I went back to the basics a cetaphil bar soap, an aha moisturizer and a bp for spot treatment. My face used to feel dry and discusting after a shower and i would rub on tons of lotion and makeup ew I am so glad I stopped. I stasrted becoming more natural with myself and put on a little eyemakeup, a tiny bit of concealer oil free of course, and blush maybe for specail occasions. I forced myself to do this and thank God cus m face feels so much better. Good luck to you! and just realize that you dont need all that makeup you really dont. try limiting yourself to the amount you use each day and see if you feel any better

Sighhh I'm a GUY and I wear make up! hahaah :'(

It's sooo embarassing walking into Shoppers drug mart and buying make up >.<

and it's even MORE embarrassing when people KNOW you wear make up *cries*

(I'm not good at achieving that natural look... so people notice :redface:

I can sooo relate. Though I don't have acne anymore, I still need to wear makeup, to hide my scars/uneven skin tone, redness, plus I am so pale. I remember often breaking down and crying while putting my makeup on. It's frustrating to HAVE to put make up on and find that you still look horrible. And that you look like a cake. You have to choose between your spots looking bright red or looking like a cake. And people see what you're trying to cover up, you're not fooling anyone. I started wearing makeup at 13 (I'm now 30). In high school I barely attended my swimming classes because I had to wet my face and quickly and secretly reapply my makeup right after before going to my next class. My ex bfs never really saw me without makeup. When i'd spend the night with them, i'd put some makeup on right after washing my face before going to bed. I thought how sad is that! It's incredible how self-conscious you become with acne. There was a time that my acne was so bad, i'd cover it up before facing my family around the house. Like I said, even if I am clear, I can't leave the house without makeup. Even eye makeup. I tried wearing less makeup once, I found I looked like shit so went back to it full force. I guess i will never be the natural beauty I always wished to be....

What depresses me most though, is that even with makeup I still look terrible; my main problem is scarring and textural damage, so makeup just tends to accentuate rather than hide my flaws, no matter how skillfully it's applied.

Same here, it makes me sad. :(

It is not my intention to offend you with this, but I'm sure your family knows you have acne as it is. Imagine how freeing it would be to just wake up and not spend two hours in the bathroom putting on makeup. Your loved ones don't care if you have a few pimples!

I only feel comfortable in front of family members and female friends without makeup.

However, when it comes to men that aren't in family, I'll freak out if I run into one of them when I'm not wearing makeup. Even if it's someone I'm not even remotely attracted to, like male roommates or something, I still want them to find me attractive. It's so stupid!

Recently, I've been really trying to cut back the amount of makeup that I wear. I only wear mineral foundation and concealer now instead of liquids and creams and I try to avoid putting anything but pressed powder on areas that don't have acne. This (along with other things) has helped tremendously with the clogged pores and acne on my cheeks. I've still got loads of red marks to deal with, but far fewer active pimples.

I still won't go anywhere without at least a little makeup, though, except for the gas station and even that's only if I'm paying at the pump, lol.

I can relate 100% and I really thought I was alone with these thoughts. I've been religiously applying make up every day since I was 13, I hate it, I just want to be free from acne but now I have scars so it's one thing after another. If I had a boyfriend staying over I would cover my face in BP as it looks a lot better then pimples, but I don't want to do that anymore because it's causing wrinkles. I hate getting any sort of compliment because I feel like I don't deserve it and that everything about me is fake.

I know exactly what you mean o.o

I don't have serious acne, just a small minor breakout every month or so, but I still freak out because I have 2 or 3 small spots on my skin. [they luckily peel off when i use sunscreen though, like a sunburn lol sounds gross but im glad it does] but despite the compliments from people, I still freak out about my skin. I have a picking habit, and I always have to try and make it as least noticeable as possible but I wish I didn't have to. and I WISH i could have 0 of these little spots, and have flawless skin. I'm almost there, and I think I would be there faster if I didn't pick at my face when I get these minor problems.

But I'm trying to work on it, I'm almost there. I just have to be patient and let it heal I guess. Takes too long for me though-I really want that "perfect" skin Now :/

dude.. i really understand what ure going thru.. i didnt show my face for 5 years straight..

im telling u.. accutane

fuck everyone.. its not worth it to cover ure face with makeup every dya.. i feel so liberated now that i stopped wearing it.. makeup is not your skin.. for acne sufferers it is only a temporary high.. or maybe just art..b ut its not a solution tot he acne or to your emotions.. quit the makeup.. and your skin will get better without it..

trust me i use to look lik crap without makeup.. now my skin has improved without it.. and i look normalish.. u can too

plus think of all the money u will save..

ull be able to touch your face.. LIVE your life.. and wake up int he morning without having to spend 4 hours on your skin annnnd youll be less self concious.. its sooooo worth it..