Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
muzzy01

Would tanning disguise acne

i am very white and i had a lot of body acne and have been left with a lot of scars. For years now i have not been to the pools and beach because it's embarrasing. I know or from what i have read over time the acne scars will fade away but i cant wait for another five years to go to the pools i have already missed to much. I was wondering if i went to a solarium and got a dark tan would that hide my acne or will it be as visible as ever. If anyone has experienced this please can you share your experiences. I dont want to tan in solariums as there are possible side effects such as skin cancer although not proven i dont want to test fate if it doesnt help. Please help.

Do not tan. I repeat. DO. NOT. TAN. It may dry out your existing acne, but you are fighting years of skin damage if you're not careful. I was lucky to stop before my actual body didn't have damage, but it took peels for my forehead to get in shape and lose hyperpigmentation.

Do not tan. I repeat. DO. NOT. TAN. It may dry out your existing acne, but you are fighting years of skin damage if you're not careful. I was lucky to stop before my actual body didn't have damage, but it took peels for my forehead to get in shape and lose hyperpigmentation.

I agree. I'm still having problems with hyperpigmentation/red marks on my forehead that lasts forever due to a lot of tanning summer 2007.

what do you guys mean drying out your existing acne. the scars on my body are not indented but there are white spots and brownish spots. It is fading away but it's been more than two years since i have had any breakouts on the body only a few here and there. I know tanning does damage your skin and has alot of risks associated with it but if it helps disguise my acne i am willing to take the risks. Also how about those spray on tans we hear about could that disguise my body acne.

DONT TAN. i know exactly what ure going through...i have acnes on my face which got better over the years and now i have acne on my back. I've tried everything to get rid of it within my budget. Quitting smoking really helped from acne breaking out crazy but i still have acne. Tanning does make it less visible but tan goes away within 3-7 days. Once ur tan goes away, ure more disgusted with ur acnes and u'll end up tanning every week or two and u'll probably get to a point where ure sick of going to the tanning salon so u quit. next thing u know, ure skin is back to white and u realize how bad ur acne/scars are and guess what, it looks even worse than before. u have more wrinkles. I only went tanning twice and i realized that it just made my acnes/scars worse in the long term. DONT TAN. Take some vitamins like B2,B6 and stuff like iron and zinc which really helps with acne. it takes time but its worth it in the long term. if u have scars, try bio oil. i dont believe in those products in the stores but i gave bio oil a chance and it feels good on my scars.

Hello, i work in a tanning salon. If you have scars then it will make them stand out alot more, but your current acne will fade. i have seen many walk in with bad acne and after a few tans their acne was completly gone. As for the skin cancer, if you use tanning lotion then it will reduce the damge to your skin, and it is not very commen anyway so don't worry about it. If you do go tanning, do not go more than three times a week and you are very white i reccomend going for not very long at all the first few times and as for lotion do not get a tingler because it will sting your skin, you should get an Accelerator. I hope this helped. :)