Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sidd

Isotretinoin Actavis log

So im 22 years old - have had acne since i was 15 (only in face area) - not too bad though - i have had several girlfriends and went to all school parties and stuff. After i turned 18 i started to annoy me more and more so i tried some different treatments(variues topical + tetracyclin) and they more or less just worsened my acne. So at 22 and still getting breakouts, oily skin, and blackheads and decided it was time to take the next stop and try Isotretinion which more of my friends have used (wish i did it 2 back then).

Anyway the past is the past so fuck it - lets focus on the future and lets hope its bright & clear.

Anyway (again).. i report in to you my fellow skin hunters at day 6 with Isotretinoin. My derm started me out at 20 mg/day and i guess it is gonna be raised 10 mg/ next month but not sure. My weights is 67 kilo and i am in pretty good shape - the derm did not even ask for my weight dunno why actually but he said that he was gonna go slow to avoid sick side effects.

Here is my repport

1'th day: nothing

2'th day : dry lips (not 2 bad)

3'th day : dry lips (the same) (i got the IB at my cheeks 5 red bumbs in total - not fun.)

4'th day : besides the breakout the skin seems to be clearing. forehead is looking better and skin seems to be tightening

5th day: more clearing, 1 og 2 very small spots - still dry lips (not 2 bad)

6' day: right side of my face is looking nice - no spots just red marks left. still dry lips (not 2 bad)

over all so far: GREAT SUCCES: no real sideffects besides dry lips, visible skin improvement in just 1 week - woot woot.

I hope this stuff keeps up :) Anyway lets see - ill add more info later - GL to all of you on the same drug.

Well hello and welcome to the accutane club! :) Sounds like I am about a week ahead of you, just over 2 weeks in to my treatment. Right about the 10 or 11 day mark my lips were finally so dry they cracked and bled a bit. :( Hopefully that doesn't happen to you!

Also wanted to say my mother-in-law is full blooded swedish, she had a greencard when she married my father-in-law. So Christmas at their house and her cousins' houses are very swedish. Kind of fun for me since I've only been in the family for about a year and a half, so interesting to learn some of the culture and eat the INCREDIBLE food. :)

Hehe sounds awesome scholi :) You should try to see if you can work out a trip to sweden some day in your life then :)

Sounds pretty shitty with the lips - my friends lips was pretty screwed up when he was on it aswell but i guess that will pass. What kind of dosage (mg) are you on?

I have not experienced any side effects besides the drip lips (which i actually had a little bit in the first place) so far. Skin is still clearing up - this stuff seems to work pretty quick on me - at least i hope so.

Today i am going swimming and later i will go out and party. Guess this will be a test since i normally break out after going out (my skin gets really oily after a long night out)

day 8

Daam had a breakout today.. after shaving it just looks like shit. Skin also seems to be quite red and annoyed. Lips dont seem to bad - strange =)

thanks for stopping by my log. it is always reassuring to hear the guy next to you going through the same problems you are. For the past 9 years, acne has been mild for me, and annoying at most, but just recently it is has become considerably inflamed.....probably a combination of work and personal stress.

good luck with your course as i will be checking on your log regurarly. and put some neosporin on those red spots.

Hey again suspekt.

Thank you for the headsup!

A quick question: what is neosporin and can it be bought at a regular pharmacy?

its an antibiotic ointment usually used for cuts and bruises.how's your break out? has it gotten worst? are your red marks healing normally? Is your skin dry?

Hi suspect - thanks - ill look into that.

breakout = gone - maybe my skin was just annoyed after shaving and a few whitespots came to the surface. Ya skin seems to be healing normally - after saterdaynight i had a spot that looked so bad that i had to pop it ;I seems be to healing fine thankfully.

My skin is dry yeah but nothing a moisturizer cant handle - and it was actually dry in the first place. i use Vichy neovadiol which i think is pretty good.

i only have 1 spot on my forehead now where normally i would have 4-5 - pretty nice

the left side of my chin got no upcoming spots and the spots i have left are still healing. If this keeps up i will have a clear left chin in less than a week - wow.

Right side there still some problems but yeah if another week goes by without a breakout that would be pretty cool indeed.

Front the front it looks really really clear. I took a picture which you can see here. My lips are cracking up alittle bit you can see that i have some thin lines on my lips almost.. i use my chapstick every 30 min and when i wake up at night i also put some some the lips.

day 10 pic. (20/mg a day)

pic: http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00399vn2.jpg

Hehe sounds awesome scholi :) You should try to see if you can work out a trip to sweden some day in your life then :)

Sounds pretty shitty with the lips - my friends lips was pretty screwed up when he was on it aswell but i guess that will pass. What kind of dosage (mg) are you on?

I have not experienced any side effects besides the drip lips (which i actually had a little bit in the first place) so far. Skin is still clearing up - this stuff seems to work pretty quick on me - at least i hope so.

Today i am going swimming and later i will go out and party. Guess this will be a test since i normally break out after going out (my skin gets really oily after a long night out)

I am on 60mg - 20mg in the morning, 40mg in the evening. And the crack in the corner of my lips finally healed up this weekend! Woohoo!! :)

I would absolutely LOVE to make a trip to Sweden. I know that my husband still has cousins over there, so we would probably be able to find family to stay with. We're trying to convince his grandma to make a trip over there and we would go with her, but she doesn't want to leave the cat. lol One of these days... Oh and she just gave me a Swedish cookbook of like deserts and stuff...OMG seriously the best deserts ever...