Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Dave*

Exfoliator - any opinions would be a MASSIVE help

Hello all

I've been on Dans Regimen for about 2 years now and have had good results. Now I need an exfoliator to strip on the TON of dead skin I get on my face daily. A relative has been using the following but I'm not sure if any of these ingredients would react well with the regimen:

Clean & Clear Warming Daily Pore Scrub

Zeolite, Sucrose, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, PEG-8, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Steareth 2, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Polysorbate-20, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl P-Cresol, Titanium Dioxide

Any comments?

hi dave, i was / am in the same boat as u except i was only on the regiemn for 1 year. now im dealing with the clogged as shit pores and dead ass skin cells.

regarding the ingredients, this post has a good checklist of ingredients that are irritating. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Biggest-M...takes+checklist

i would say that scrubs with beads in them should only be used very occasionally. me personally, i used nivea envigorating face scrub for men, which got rid of alot of dead skin cells but evntually irritated and broke me out cus i used it too often. now i use paulas BHA with a cotton ball that slowly wipes away deaead skin cells.

I use Noxema Deep Cleaning Original face wash. It works wonders and leaves your skin very bright. It also is helping control breakouts, so I'd definitely give it a shot. I doubt it'll affect the regimen; it's really effective in getting off all those dead skin cells and clearing out pores.

Good luck!