Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Cod Liver Oil and Coconut Oil?

Do I get enough EFA from Cod Liver Oil and Coconut Oil or am I missing out on certain chains?

Is it fine to take Cod Liver Oil in water?

I'd just pour your CLO in a spoon and swallow it; taking it in water would result in some just "sticking" to the sides of the glass which would be a waste. If you can't stand the taste look into Carlson's Lemon Flavored CLO; tastes great.

CLO and CO are great sources of good fat; although I'd personally also recommend you get some animal fat as well in there. If you can find some organic ghee I'd highly recommend it.

Do I get enough EFA from Cod Liver Oil and Coconut Oil or am I missing out on certain chains?

Do you eat meat and/or whole grains, as well as supplement cod liver oil? If so, then you're not going to have to worry about your EFAs.

However, you should look into a good source of monounsaturated fat, like extra virgin olive oil, almonds, etc.

Do you eat meat and/or whole grains, as well as supplement cod liver oil? If so, then you're not going to have to worry about your EFAs.

However, you should look into a good source of monounsaturated fat, like extra virgin olive oil, almonds, etc.

I eat meat like Chicken, Turkey, and Venison. I do not eat any grains but as far as monounsaturated fat do I get it through peanuts?

Ah, forgot about monounsaturated; I'd also second that recommendation. Olive oil, IMO, is probably the best/safest route to go.