Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mimie2022

One year Regimen and acne is back : veterand, Brandy, Dan, HELP ME !!!!!

I'm on the Regimen since June 2007 (one year and 4 months)!

I was clear to 99%!

But on 15 August 2008, suddenly, the breakout are back: acne is back

Why ???? I do not know!!

I have not changed my routine, nothing changed, nothing!

I put jojoba oil before BP DAN (bad thing ???)

So I decided there two weeks paste exactly religiously regime Dan:

1) Very gentle wash

2) Full BP very gentle apply

3) Moisturizer + jojoba oil

But the breakout continues, every day

I do not understand.

I read "the biggest mistakes", the FAQs, « having trouble questions … but my job is good : I don’t understand

I'm so desperate, HELP ME!

Are you using enough bp? Two full pumps at each application is how much you should be using.

Any change in birthcontrol? Have a baby?

Did you take the "quick regimen advice" test? http://www.acne.org/regimenadvice.php

Can you think if anything at all changed or happened in the month before you began breaking out?

Hi Brandy,

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH !

No baby, no birthcontrol.. Nothing changed at all

For a year, I put jojoba oil before BP. It did work for a year

But acne is back after one year ( why? I do not know)

So I decidet to change my method.

Now (since 2 weeks): I put the BP after the oil and jojoba.

But I breakout a lot !!!!!

Is it an initial breakout ? Maybe the BP only jojoba oil reaching deeper down into the skin an attacking the acne that is still well below the suface. This acne is destined to reach the surface at some point

Is it possible ???????

I answered the questions. » Quick Regimen advice » Everything is good

I use Dan’s BP

But for washing, I have a French product for very sensitive skin.

And moisturizing cream, cream French (see my signature on ingredients) and Jojoba oil

I do not use only the recommended products. But good French products

Oopsss ... I am wrong in my explanation!

I wanted to say:

SINCE 2 WEEKS, I PUT BP BEFORE JOJOBA OIl !!!!!! But I have a lot breakouts !!!! thrust breaks out ?????

Yes, I have always used this moisturizer.

During one year the Regimen to work very well.

And suddenly, it stop to work !!

Breakout every day, it continues : every day !!!!

I do not understand why nothing changed!

Gentle wash, two pomps BP, and moisturizer. Its all.

What can I do?

Yes, I have always used this moisturizer.

During one year the Regimen to work very well.

And suddenly, it stop to work !!

Breakout every day, it continues : every day !!!!

I do not understand why nothing changed!

Gentle wash, two pomps BP, and moisturizer. Its all.

What can I do?

I wonder if maybe your moisturizer has changed in any way - maybe you could call them to see if there has been ANY change in their product in the last 2 months? All the variables seem to be the same unless there has been a change in your moisturizer. Also - just curious - what about your cycle? Does your family have a history of early menopause? I wonder if changing hormones could be an issue?

thats the bad thing about using topicals for a long time it coninuously destroys ur skin. Its just a long temporary fix until u get off it comes right back, or us skin got to dependant on it and ur gona need more and more. Im not trying to scare u but this is what i beleive. So many people that take dans bp come back in the long run to say their acne came back

thats the bad thing about using topicals for a long time it coninuously destroys ur skin. Its just a long temporary fix until u get off it comes right back, or us skin got to dependant on it and ur gona need more and more. Im not trying to scare u but this is what i beleive. So many people that take dans bp come back in the long run to say their acne came back

I disagree with that comment in regards to "so many people coming back to say their acne came back when using dan's BP". Perhaps the ones who have positive results have no need to come back to the forum as their acne problems are solved. And the ones who do come back obviously need further help as to why the regimen stopped working. Nobody here is "dependent" on BP, we make the rational choice to use this product because we want clear skin. Yes, BP is not exactly "good" for your skin, but is make-up or any other over the counter drug these days? Studies have shown that BP increases the chance of skin damage. Cell phones increase the chance of brain cancer, football increases the chance of brain damage, & high heels increasese the chance of ankle problems but many many people still do these things. I'm not here to start an arguement but just because all of society does not use topicals or BP does not make it any less reasonable/"negative" as the things I have just listed. Thanks.

I disagree with that comment in regards to "so many people coming back to say their acne came back when using dan's BP". Perhaps the ones who have positive results have no need to come back to the forum as their acne problems are solved. And the ones who do come back obviously need further help as to why the regimen stopped working. Nobody here is "dependent" on BP, we make the rational choice to use this product because we want clear skin. Yes, BP is not exactly "good" for your skin, but is make-up or any other over the counter drug these days? Studies have shown that BP increases the chance of skin damage. Cell phones increase the chance of brain cancer, football increases the chance of brain damage, & high heels increasese the chance of ankle problems but many many people still do these things. I'm not here to start an arguement but just because all of society does not use topicals or BP does not make it any less reasonable/"negative" as the things I have just listed. Thanks.

im not really talking about any other products i beleive all of them are bad. and thats why as adults we are still dealing with acne.

Dan said this: Will the skin become resistant to the beneficial effect of BP?

Propionibacterium Acnes (P. Acnes), the bacteria in acne lesions, can not survive in the presence of oxygen. BP creates oxygen. Therefore, it is physically impossible for this bacteria to develop a resistance. If the Regimen works at first, it should always work.

So what to think?

Acne can wax and wane throughout different stages of our lives (especially for females). If yours has gotten stubborn and the Regimen is no longer helping, it may be time to see a Dermatologist. You may need something stronger than an over-the-counter medication.

Let me guess......the breakouts began after switching from the blue tubes to the white bottles. No it's not because of the bottles (which are fine unlike some people say), There was a formula change aswell. All the ingredients say is that they changed propylene glycol for Butylene glycol. I don't know whether the're also using lower grade ingredients but something has changed for the worse (much different consistency too). I too was 99% clear for the last year+, and upon using the new formula I have been breaking out ever since. I don't understand why they would change something that worked so well to something that is mediocre at best.

"Please change back to the old formula, it was perfect and should not have been changed!!"

Let me guess......the breakouts began after switching from the blue tubes to the white bottles. No it's not because of the bottles (which are fine unlike some people say), There was a formula change aswell. All the ingredients say is that they changed propylene glycol for Butylene glycol. I don't know whether the're also using lower grade ingredients but something has changed for the worse (much different consistency too). I too was 99% clear for the last year+, and upon using the new formula I have been breaking out ever since. I don't understand why they would change something that worked so well to something that is mediocre at best.

"Please change back to the old formula, it was perfect and should not have been changed!!"

The ingredients had been changed for the past 1.5-2 years even before Dan introduced the new bottles.

well the ingredients listed on the blue tubes (which I had purchased maybe 4 months ago) are different than those on the new white bottles. The consistency of the new formula is noticeably different (more like "glue" consistency) doesn't spread as well and is much more drying. You can say it's been like that for 1.5-2 yrs but there is clearly a recent difference. Oh and to mention after being 99% clear for the past 1yr+, immediately after switching to the new formula i started breaking out and have been breaking out ever since. (I had a little bit of BP left from the blue tubes, used it for a few days, and the breakouts stopped. Went back to the white bottle formula and started breaking out again). It's pretty clear to me there is a difference.

And i have noticed that there are a few posts just like this one about people starting to break out around Aug 15 (around when the change was made I guess) after being clear for a long time.

I am not trying to stir anything up, I just want the old formula back which worked so well at keeping me clear all the time, without fail.

I would say use nuetragena on the spot and see what happens.... i swear my skin is clearering up and omg i had severe borderline acne that had me so down... i had always used bp and all different kinds of stuff so i didnt expect it to work but following the strict formula really helped idk just mabe try and see if the nuetragena clears u up again then u would know what the problem is.

I would say use nuetragena on the spot and see what happens.... i swear my skin is clearering up and omg i had severe borderline acne that had me so down... i had always used bp and all different kinds of stuff so i didnt expect it to work but following the strict formula really helped idk just mabe try and see if the nuetragena clears u up again then u would know what the problem is.

I would like to see what Dan has to say about this formula change. I am in the same boat. I have been on the regimen for a few years with great results. All out of sudden this past few months I keep getting breakouts and can't figure out why. I am doing everything the same exact way. I am considering going out and buying the Neutrogena stuff, and see how that works. The neutrogena extra gentle face wash, and use the Neutrogena BP on the spot, and see if that clears me up. Can someone verify why the formula was changed?

The ingredients had been changed for the past 1.5-2 years even before Dan introduced the new bottles.

Please dont make incorrect statements if you dont know. I have a blue 4oz bottle of Dans BP that I recieved just before he changed to the white bottles. The Inactive Ingrediants are as follows. :Water, Proplene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Pehnoxythanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide:

Deffinantly a different formula than what is being sold now. :think: