Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sallytomato

What's the maximum dosage you can tolerate?

This is like asking 'where's the next 747 jumbo jet going to crash land?'. Nobody knows and nobody will know. It's all about an individuals genetics and ability to cope with stronger dosages, but there is no definitive answer as to whom can cope better. Pointless questions.

I was on 100mgs starting from day 1 to day 54. Today, day 55, I am starting 120mgs. I had my derm visit on Tuesday and he decided to up my dosage to the 120mgs. So for the rest of my course I am maxing out at 120. I have not had any really bad side effects on the 100mgs. My side effects have been mild joint pain, really tired, slightly dry lips, dry/itchy eyes (sometimes) and only a few new pimples (nothing that would be considered an IB). Not sure how my body will react to an extra 20mgs. After a few days I'll post on my blog with how the new dosage is working.

Just a side not -- the highest possible dosage from what my derm told me is 180mgs.

I was on 100mgs starting from day 1 to day 54. Today, day 55, I am starting 120mgs. I had my derm visit on Tuesday and he decided to up my dosage to the 120mgs. So for the rest of my course I am maxing out at 120. I have not had any really bad side effects on the 100mgs. My side effects have been mild joint pain, really tired, slightly dry lips, dry/itchy eyes (sometimes) and only a few new pimples (nothing that would be considered an IB). Not sure how my body will react to an extra 20mgs. After a few days I'll post on my blog with how the new dosage is working.

Just a side not -- the highest possible dosage from what my derm told me is 180mgs.

180 mg? what the hell is your derm smoking

180mg is a MASSIVE dose. I dread to think at the effects that would have on the body. Jesus. I know it's dependent on weight but that's surely overkill in any situation. I think 120mg is incredibly high too, I would expect the limit to be around 80mg. It's normally the American counterparts that take the short-term mega dosage strategy.