Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

AHA/Mandelic Acid recommendations please

Hi you guys and gals :) Ever since I used the St Ives Apricot Scrub approximately two years back, I have had clogged pores on my nose and now it has spread to my forhead :( I never used to have the clogged pores on my forehead. I think the weather has something to do with it too. Anyway to my point lol I would be very greatful if you could recommend me a reputable AHA brand that is noncomedogenic. Please do not recommend Paulas Choice or Nucelle because Ive tried those and I was allergic. I wouldnt mind on line recommendations. Ordering on line is very convient for me. Please dont recommend anything that is drugstore either because drugstore stuff tends to give me cystic pimples. Ever since I stopped using drugstore cleansers I havent has as many problems with my skin. I still break out but not as much as before. My main concern right now is the clogged pores.

Thanks a lot

Molly, I just got a sample from Sephora called Picture Porefect. It's from a brand called DermaDoctor. It's supposed to help reduce the appearance of pores, exfoliate, and control excess oil. It seems to get pretty good reviews.

I've only used it twice so I can't comment on how effective it is. However I do love the ingredients: glycolic acid, azelaic acid, retinol among others. I also love how it applies on the skin, it's non-greasy and absorbs quickly. plus it has no fragrance.

If you have a sephora nearby, try getting a sample from them. i'm considering getting a full-size bottle soon :)

Molly, I just got a sample from Sephora called Picture Porefect. It's from a brand called DermaDoctor. It's supposed to help reduce the appearance of pores, exfoliate, and control excess oil. It seems to get pretty good reviews.

I've only used it twice so I can't comment on how effective it is. However I do love the ingredients: glycolic acid, azelaic acid, retinol among others. I also love how it applies on the skin, it's non-greasy and absorbs quickly. plus it has no fragrance.

If you have a sephora nearby, try getting a sample from them. i'm considering getting a full-size bottle soon :)

I unfortunately dont have a Sephora near me but I am so desperate to cure this problem, Im willing to order on line. How big is the full size bottle and how much does it cost?

I just switched moisturizers today to try something with aha in it. I picked up some KISS MY FACE peaches and cream moisturizer with aha. It had really good reviews about oil control as well as keeping away flakeyness and clearing skin/reducing redmarks. Sooooo I picked some up for only 3.99 at a health food store down the road from me. It does have a strong peach scent to it and it doesnt say whether or not its noncomegetic but I have never heard of it breaking anyone out. I wll let you know how this goes..

The bottle is 1oz and it's $40 dollars, so it is a little pricey. But you only need a small amount each time you use it so I imagine it would last a long time. I only apply this on my t-zone, where I tend to get oily.

click on the link I posted to see the sephora page with more details.

I use MaMa lotion, which you can get for about $35/bottle at skincarerx. I've had my bottle for a couple months and am not even halfway through it, and the product's not bad, either... though not as amazing as I expected for red marks.

Do you know if it contains any comedogenic ingredients? I would hate to break out. I am having a small breakout right now and a lot of blackheads but I am very thankful I do not get cystic pimples anymore.

bump These blackheads are making me very unhappy. I cannot even wear my everyday minerals foundation because it accentuates my clogged pores. Please help me and give me recommendations. I seriously dont know what the most reputable AHAs are.

You can try neostrata oil control gel (non comedogenic). It contains 4 percents of mandelic acid and 4 percents of polyhydroxy acid which is so much gentle compares to nucelle.

Garden of Wisdom has a 10% mandelic acid serum with no alcohol 1 oz for $33.40. If you go to their website it's under Finished Products > Exfoliants/Acids. GoW uses natural ingredients that are less likely to break people out.