Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im so paralyzed with fear that evry step i take with acne is jsut making it worse in the long run

i dont want to cause my body any more harm but i must be rid of this condition

i dont want to give myself some future disease, or possibly even adult acne, just because i cant deal with teenage acne

i am paralyzed with fear here. i dont know what the next step to take is.

So many of us feel that we're damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to our skin. Every step and treatment option feels fraught with disaster, no matter how much we try, nothing works.

But you're not alone anymore in that. Keep sharing, we're listening.

Visit a dermatologist?

i have been for 5 years...

So many of us feel that we're damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to our skin. Every step and treatment option feels fraught with disaster, no matter how much we try, nothing works.

thank you so much

im so paralyzed with fear that evry step i take with acne is jsut making it worse in the long run

I can definately relate to you. I feel like theres something I should be doing, or something I shouldn't be doing, but I have no idea what that is.

Thats the scariest thing to me, having no control over something that most people take for granted.

Best post I've read in a while. Never know if what I'm doing will be good or bad for me. Guess all I can do is learn from the experiences of the people on here. I only hope one day I can just splash water on my face as my routine, like I assume normal people do.

I'm so sorry you're down right now. :( What treatments have you tried?

gosh so many

i lsited them all in my log, which the link below is to

but i feel like all of them are jsut aming me worse off in the long run, both skina nd overall health-wise

I can definately relate to you. I feel like theres something I should be doing, or something I shouldn't be doing, but I have no idea what that is.

Thats the scariest thing to me, having no control over something that most people take for granted.

Best post I've read in a while. Never know if what I'm doing will be good or bad for me. Guess all I can do is learn from the experiences of the people on here. I only hope one day I can just splash water on my face as my routine, like I assume normal people do.

agreeeed. and thanks

It's rough.....especially when you've tried a lot & it doesn't work. I used to feel that way, but the past few years I have found various treatments that control my acne, even if not fully clearing it. It gives you a sense of control to know there is hope, so just know there is always hope ;)

My advice is to try and view your skin as your friend, not the enemy. Ultimately, it does its job and protects you as an outer layer. Yeah I know that seems hokey, but when you stop viewing it as some evil to combat, then you feel a little less stressed over it. Also, you tend to be "nicer" to it and not overload it with too many harsh treatments. Being more gentle & having patience with new treatment plans served me well, and it all started with taking a big breath and saying I was going to be nice to my skin from now on ;)

i hear u .. and seriously no matter what happens let yourself go at your own pace.

when you do this everything is possible.. anything can be fixed trust me.. give things time and appreciate your own motivation to fix the problem.. your suffering is certainly individual.. but that means that your perspective will be too.. keep talking to others and help others who are in your position.

seriously its all about mindset. get rid of the fear.. and say.. i have this. the fact that im dealing with it makes me strong.. just keep repeating that.. and dont ever let the skin make u be negative towards yourself or others.. make sure u control it not the other way around.

xoxo

I think, from my perspective, the skin is not something that is SUPPOSED to explode in pimples past a certain point. In the past, even if you go back 100 years, the rate of acne generally only lasted until your teenage years ended, and even if adult acne existed, I'm sure the rates were MUCH smaller then they are now. I think a lot of that is because a) diet in the Western world and b) excessively depending on chemicals as teenagers.

I think, in the long run, NOT over-treating your skin with excessive chemicals is more beneficial. I know that seems tough because its hard to live "freely" day to day when you have shit coming out of your face, but its something that makes you stronger and builds that much more character within you.

Acne will eventually go away, but think about it - ANY problem that shows up on your body is an INTERNAL problem. Something is not functioning within your body properly. So, either your diet is to blame, or your vitamins are not up to track, or you're aggravating your condition in another manner. Much of acne is internal, but there is also an external factor (i.e - touching your face), but most of it is internal. You fix whats wrong inside of you and you will control your acne.

Unfortunetly, finding out what's wrong could take years even, its just a matter of trial and error IMO. What is dabbing on layers upon layers of BP doing? Nothing - its chemicals being spread over your skin. The Ancient Greeks never used chemicals. The Egyptians did not use chemicals. They had skin problems too, but it was at a much lower rate and they used the world around them (nature) to heal it. The world has evolved, but science in the case of acne sufferers has OBVIOUSLY NOT HELPED AS MUCH AS WE THOUGHT IT WOULD...so, if you keep trying and trying and trying with different chemicals, but dont see result, it could just be that hey, maybe for one, these chemicals just hurt your skin more and two, if the shit thats supposed t work, DOESNT, then maybe - just maybe - the problem comes from within you.

Your skin is made to be at a certain strength level, and the more shit you put on it, the weaker or skin gets. It's no wonder that most of these remedies for acne that people get from doctors never work for more than a certain period of time.

sitting here again

over a year later

onve again scared m destroying my body

but not knowing what else to do

im tired, cranky, and sick all the time

i have eczema and acne

and i just want to be NORMAL